“Mind Body and Soul, Relaxed!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Kalpetta
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Mind Body and Soul, Relaxed!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed two weeks in Ayurveda Yoga Villa as part of my trip to south India. This was my first trip and I must say it was an amazing experience.
Situated in Kalpetta and in a beautiful environment filled with greenery and away from all the concrete, I would recommend this place to anybody seeking for a relaxing peaceful stay. I will start with the cons.

Cons:
1. There was no meat in the food menu, not even an egg was served and I felt it hard to go on for two weeks without meat. (I'm a meat lover. It won't be a big issue if you can manage with vegetarian food. Just know what an ayuruvedic diet is :)
2. No close by towns. (I mean big ones with supermarkets. Whatever you take is what all you got. So don't miss anything. Pack those most wanted items with extras for the days you stay.)

Pros:
1. The Environment. (This is what made me so attracted to the place. The beautiful scenery of the river. I recommend you chose a cottage that is facing the river. It's a bit expensive but worth it.)
2. Friendly doctor and staff. ( Dr. Tony and massager Nidish were my buds in the stay. They were very friendly and I should also mention all the staff that were helpful. Sorry I don't remember their names ;)
3. Reasonable price. (The whole stay with food and everything, even airport pickup only cost me around 2 lakhs Sri Lankan rupees ($1700) which I felt was well worthy.)

Verdict:
Overall it was a pleasant stay at Ayurveda Yoga Villa. I underwent the stress management program which gave me good results. For someone seeking peace of mind, I don't think India has anything better to offer than the services provided here. Real value for money.

Thank you.

P.S: I heard from others who was staying in the cottages that there are mosquitoes so it's better to keep the windows shut at night.

Room Tip: Grab a cottage that is facing the river. You get the beautiful scenery plus the breeze is just amazi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Dhothaka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Finnish first
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Of all of the places that I have been to India, there is no place like AYV. Everything about the place is wonderful, and definitely worth the visit to Kerala. From the extremely friendly and caring staff to the pleasant little cottages by the river, there was never a moment when I regretted my decision of coming here. Special thanks to Kishore (the kindest person you will ever meet) for making this the genuine "Pray" experience

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I spent 4 weeks in the Villa during monsoon season, after finding Trip Advisor reviews most helpful in choosing accommodations. I hope my experience will help others in their search. Retreat was clean, beautiful setting in rain forest, very friendly staff and management, led by Mr. Murali and Dr. Anu. Treatment was excellent and accommodations, freshly prepared meals, daily doctor consultations and medicine are all included in the price, so you won't get a feeling of being "nickel-and-dimed". Everyone who works at the Villa truly show their care for your well being. Special thumbs-up to Kishore, guest relations, without whom the place would not be the same. His level of care is extraordinary.
Ayurveda Yoga Villa offers full package of daily activities, including yoga, relaxation, balanced nutrition, one-on-one consultation with counselors, morning and evening pooja.
State of Kerala is recognized for having many ayurvedic centers to choose from and it is not always easy to make a selection. Thanks to Trip Advisor I made a right choice and hope to return to Villa in the future.

Room Tip: Saraswati cottage is the most secluded and peaceful, though it is also most requested by returning g...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank msabul
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed in YogaVilla for 3 weeks during Feb 2013. Absolutely enjoyed my stay. The pristine nature of the surrounding areas is breathtaking. The lush greenery is something truly special. I am a non-vegetarian (meat/fish is a part of my daily food intake). Before I decided to stay in YogaVilla I knew they serve only vegetarian food. So I was a bit apprehensive. But to my surprise I have to admit that I enjoyed the vegetarian food they served. The kitchen staff is quite friendly. The cottages are built according to traditional Kerala architecture.
I underwent their Panchakarma treatment and participated in yoga sessions. I am so energized that I feel a new man now! Dr Vipin was very good.
They prepare ayurvedic medicines at the premises. Truly fascinating to see the preparation of different kinds of medicines and massage oils.
The owner, Ajith, is an exceptionally friendly man! He gave me a detailed explanation of the different kinds of ayurvedic treatments and also yoga therapy. Staff was very good, polite and helpful.
I will gladly recommend this place to anyone looking for a vacation in a yoga resort.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank radhaxkrishnan
Berlin
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Even if at Ayuerveda Yoga Villa the food would be only half as tasty, the place half as beautiful, the location half as magic, the treatment half as efficient and the other guests half as interesting, Ayuerveda Yoga Villa would not loose a percentage of it’s attractivity, because beyond all measurable offers, everything here truly comes from the heart and consequently reaches you right there. I came with a mind full of chaos and I left with a heart full of gold.
I recommend this place especially to those who are searching to improve the health of their body, mind and soul but as well to those who just want to reactivate and love nature, Indian culture, kitchen and traditions and appreciate interesting conversations with people from all over the world.
After 4 weeks I am returning home as an almost new person and just wonder how I can keep up this wonderful energy in my everyday life.

Room Tip: If you want a quite room with a nice with ask for one of the cottages behind and above the "her...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank J0Hannes1979
UK
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I spent a long time looking for an ayurvedic centre in which to holiday and rejuvenate. The reviews led me to enquire at ayurvedayogavilla, where the help and information via e mail were excellent and prompt. A good omen I thought. The location is superb! The doctors are very thorough as are all the staff who unite with the ayurvedic principle of your stay paramount. I wish I was in a position to stay longer for the true magic of ayurveda to shine through. I have no complaints about the centre. Do your homework as this type of trip may not suit all. It is an ayurvedic experience not a laze around a pool holiday. We all need a trip like this but you may not want a trip like this at this time. I have been on a few retreats before and so didnt pack any luxuries as they are normally forbidden where I go. So should I go again I would pack; iPad with some movie or tv, books, music, chocolate as an occasional treat, work out how a local phone simcard would work to call home, more warm clothing for the evening and even a sleeping bag. I travelled in december/january.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank ayurvedicosteo
Mons, Belgium
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This was my birthday gift to myself and was my very first trip to India. After visiting the Ayurveda Yoga Villa I can say I am a changed person for the better! From the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcomed like family. The staff who work there go above and beyond to take care of any need you may have. This was my first Ayurvedic experience and feel I have learned so much (Thank you Morelli for sitting and having such amazing conversations). The early morning and eveng Pooja’s really made me feel the spirit of this truly amazing place. The yoga classes led by both Prijitt and Shakti were amazing as they were both very attentive to all levels of Yoga for people participating in the class.

All I can say about the food is that it was delicious and really enjoyed all the meals as you can feel they were made with love. I am not a vegitarian and still after 3 weeks have not eaten meat or chicken. Everything the guests eat are grown organically from the local area.

The rooms we stayed in were good and did not have air conditioning but were equipped with fans and mosquito nets. The rooms were large and spacious and provided more than enough room for my personal belongings. The only improvement I would recommend is get better mattresses for the beds.

The location could not be in a better place, situated along a river, many mornings you can take a good walk along the river or along the road to explore and take in the amazing countryside. This was one of if not the best trips I ever went on. I feel I really grew inside and learned so much and made some life long friends in my trip. I will return to the amazing place and only hope that I could stay longer the next time! Thank you for all you do and please don’t evern loose Prijitt or Shakti! They are so important to the Ayurveda Yoga Villa’s success! I cant wait to come back again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Chryz707
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
Orange County Resorts Kabini
Orange County Resorts Kabini
#1 of 2 in Nagarhole National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,306 reviews

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!