I stayed two weeks in Ayurveda Yoga Villa as part of my trip to south India. This was my first trip and I must say it was an amazing experience.
Situated in Kalpetta and in a beautiful environment filled with greenery and away from all the concrete, I would recommend this place to anybody seeking for a relaxing peaceful stay. I will start with the cons.
1. There was no meat in the food menu, not even an egg was served and I felt it hard to go on for two weeks without meat. (I'm a meat lover. It won't be a big issue if you can manage with vegetarian food. Just know what an ayuruvedic diet is :)
2. No close by towns. (I mean big ones with supermarkets. Whatever you take is what all you got. So don't miss anything. Pack those most wanted items with extras for the days you stay.)
1. The Environment. (This is what made me so attracted to the place. The beautiful scenery of the river. I recommend you chose a cottage that is facing the river. It's a bit expensive but worth it.)
2. Friendly doctor and staff. ( Dr. Tony and massager Nidish were my buds in the stay. They were very friendly and I should also mention all the staff that were helpful. Sorry I don't remember their names ;)
3. Reasonable price. (The whole stay with food and everything, even airport pickup only cost me around 2 lakhs Sri Lankan rupees ($1700) which I felt was well worthy.)
Overall it was a pleasant stay at Ayurveda Yoga Villa. I underwent the stress management program which gave me good results. For someone seeking peace of mind, I don't think India has anything better to offer than the services provided here. Real value for money.
P.S: I heard from others who was staying in the cottages that there are mosquitoes so it's better to keep the windows shut at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ayurveda yoga holistic research centre for Detoxification and rejuvenation programme designed to get optimum result by treating body,mind prana.The process primarily seeks to restore the vital strength of the body by eliminating the accumulated toxins and making the tissues pure.Our practices and exercises in the lessons at Yoga Spirit are developed by including self-acupressure, meditative or breathing exercises in order of the different sections of the lesson enables you to relax and purify your body through Ayurveda as well and we practise daily Asana, Pranayama and including Dharma and chanting in 90 minutes. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ayurveda Yoga Villa Hotel Kalpetta
- Ayurveda Yoga Villa Kalpetta, Kerala, India