“I have found my spiritual home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Kalpetta
“I have found my spiritual home”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have just returned from a two week stay at AYV. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. Undoubtedly, my stay in this wonderful sanctuary did me more good than any other trip I have made in my whole life, I can't wait to go back.
The doctors are kind, understanding and incredibly well informed. The staff are unfailingly polite and so helpful. I was lucky enough to be there for the annual Onam festival. It was an amazing experience. All the guests were invited to join in with the celebrations and it was so much fun.
The two week programme I followed was tailored to suit my needs. The yoga, food, treatments and advice were carefully planned and delivered beyond my expectations. I also made new friends that I hope to keep for life. Ajith (the owner) and his team are committed to ensuring every guest enjoys an amazing, authentic,often life-changing experience. I cant recommend AYV highly enough.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Soniam2412

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Finnish first
Helsinki
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our experience with AYV resort was very much delightful, an ideal place to get perfect relaxation and refreshment. The place is open and green, gifted with nature to its true form. One can experience the beauty and serenity of nature blend with Eco friendly atmosphere. The location of the resort is very beautiful. It is spread over a large area filled with scenic view. There we are taken to an organic farm where we came in touch with different varieties and breeds of cows and also different varieties of vegetables, fruits and spices well grown under proper nourishment of the soil. In addition to the great farm they have a good garden spread around the cottages.

The staffs' hospitality is highly commendable. All of the personnel were very much friendly and were always happy to provide their helping hand. To name a few, Kishore is spending so much of his energy for AYV, no words to his dedicated service. The food served was also beyond description, fresh and organic food from the farm. Its good in quality and hygiene. All the cottages were also maintained very neatly, hygienically and all are beyond exception. Not to mention the very special Agnihotra pooja is carried out twice a week. On participating this pooja, one will get the positive energy which is strong enough to destroy the evil-in you and you could attain the salvation and refreshment. This pooja is conducted by Sakthi. Bajan songs are another speciality of AYV. We could always go to the state of meditation while we are at AYV as the soft Bajans always be there for our perception. Yoga and other ayurvedic practises in the middle of the chirping sound of the birds and the other sound of the animal from the nearby forest really rejuvenates once mind.

We had a wonderful, quiet and relaxing days over there. We thank each and everyone working behind this success and also giving the chance to experience this heavenly beauty. Wishing all the best to AYV. This will be our first choice on our next visit too.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the river
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank AnuMellunmäki P
NC
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Serene and majestic are just two of the many words that describe Ayurveda Yoga Village. The workers are great with helping manage any stress you bring along with you. I had never been to a yoga village before and had no clue what to expect. I assumed I would be only doing yoga nonstop during my stay, but there was so much more to offer. Although many of the massages were a little harsh, I still came away very relaxed. For those who are more experienced with yoga, they can find a great getaway here at Ayurveda Yoga Village. You can get a great deal on a relaxing vacation by choosing a back cottage for a week at only 510 Euros. For the utmost luxury, grab a riverside herbal cottage for 714 Euros for a week. You can spend a week or a month enjoying your choice of amenities. Enjoy great food, calming meditation, and rejuvenating treatments.

Room Tip: go for the gold and choose a herbal cottage.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tskmoore
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Ayurveda Yoga villa is a real place for ayurveda treatment. The location is amazing, very close to a large river (monsoon season), among trees and flowers, with great calmness.
All the staff is so welcoming, nice, warm and careful. Treatments are just what I was expecting, that is to say very good and holistic. I regret I couldn't do yoga classes because of a stupid fall, I missed it. I already loved the indian food, but this special ayurvedic food was so good, I loved it!
More of that, I met there nice people from everywhere around the world.
I finished my holidays in a sunny place (south of France) , so I'm ready for a very good home-coming. I'll come back one day for sure and next time I'll try to get a little sun after or before monsoon, that means I 'll stay longer... and do panchakarma.
Kishore, may be you can change the shower flexible and everything will be perfect!....
See you, love, Anne.

Room Tip: The herbal cottage is the nearest of the river and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank annefromparis2013
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had never been to India before. You hear about it all the time in yoga studios. Everyone is excited about the idea of heading to an exotic continent and following the footsteps of their always-relaxed yogi.

The reality of India is that it's a very busy place - It's like having your entire world turned upside down. The serenity I experienced the moment I set foot in the yoga villa made the entire trip worth it. Everyone from Ajesh to Shakti treated me with the upmost respect and made me feel alive again inside.

The food was delicious. Every night, I eagerly awaited Shushuomi (sp?) to prepare excellent vegan delicacies. Although I'm a bit of a carnivore myself, I truly appreciated the flavors of the meals, and it's surprisingly filling.

Overall, my trip to India was a complete success, and I'm back in the states prepping for this year's return trip.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Versability
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2013

14 wonderful days
After 5 days of safari in Tanzania with a lot of drinking and eating, the second part of my holidays started. I had being very sick for a few years with an immune disease which I had controlled with Ayurveda. So decided to look for a place in Kerala (home of Ayurveda) and guided by info in trip advisor decided to go to Yoga Villa. I have to say they were 14 wonderful days, it all started being picked up from Calicut airport by Prajith, best driver I've met, for a 3 hr drive that was more fun than a roller coaster, arrived to yoga villa at sunset of a very rainy day. I was doing the monsoon treatment which consists of two treatments a day plus doctors appointment and anything else you want to do of what the villa has to offer. i was received by Mahesh and Ajesh who were in charge at the time, a yummy warm drink and a very warm welcome. Then off to my room to freshen up before dinner. the room very simple but clean, really even better than expected, having stayed in ashrams before, (but they coul do with a face lift). Dinner prepared by lovely Shushama everything delicious and made with love, and with the supervision of wonderful Kishore, mister orchestra man, you had a problem, you needed something you wanted to now anything, Kishore was there, and also he played the drums amazingly(miss u Kishore), Dev and Suraj always there to help. The days started and finished with pooja with beautiful Shakti, also my meditation guide, an enlightened beautiful woman who gives love to everyone she meets. After the morning pooja 5:30 to 6:30 it's morning yoga with the greatest yoga teacher Rashmei warmest and wise man who also teaches you pranayama " the breath of live" until 8:00 am leaving from there hungry but full of energy. Then is of to a quick breakfast before my first therapy of the day. Here I had three very special girls, Soumya, Jothy, and gorgeous Amrutha, always guiding everyone, a petite beautiful strong and knowledgable girl. Appointment with our sweet,thoughtful and great doctor Anu, always trying to organize our therapies and appointments so we could manage to go to the classes we wanted and taking care of us if we wanted to go to town shopping. After that, meditation, then just enought time for a shower a quick read of my book or a short stroll weather permitting, before lunch. Afternoon therapy, yoga at five then pooja before dinner. Any dirty clothes you have Suja, Prediva and Kujnomole always with a smile, they would take the clothes in the morning and usually by the afternoon they were back clean warm and beautifully folded, not only did they wash the clothes but were ready to clean your room at any time. We had elegant and beautiful Nimisha organizing everything relating to medicines with Bijina and Murali finding you wherever you are to bring your medicine and make sure you take it.

I feel like if I had left my family back there, not only everyone that took care of me, thank you for making me feel and look beautiful, but also the rest of the people I met and who made me shed a tear when I left them behind. I will return as soon as I can to do the panchakarma, and be with you again.

Room Tip: I had room 9, close to everything, good hot shower. A few people said its a bit noisy but it didn...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank patban
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Having had enough of the traditional beach holidays in big hotels on the Spanish coast and after a few months of attending a yoga class at the village hall, I decided to look for a different kind of holiday, one that fulfilled my newly found passion for yoga and the need to be away from my usual life, thus I decided that a yoga holiday I shall have this year. I thought that the best place for a yoga holiday must be in India and after a few hours spent researching hotels, reading reviews, comparing prices and checking availability times, I booked Ayurveda Yoga Villa as it seemed such a nice relaxing, quiet and personal place to relax. Well, I'm glad I did. It was the best holiday I ever had. I came back wiser, slimmer, looking serene and glowing from the inside, feeling relaxed, recharged and ready for for whatever life throws at me.
Well just resting, won't give anyone all these after effects so you must wonder what I've been doing over there: Well, apart from attending yoga classes and, I've been taking inspirational walks and enjoying an extremely healthy but delicious diet (no rabbit food over there) plus consultations with a doctor and prescribed herbal teas and ayurevdic treatments. So all this did it for me.
I went alone on this holiday, as my husband thought all this yoga and alternative medicine, meditations and the likes is bonkers and he said he would get bored out of his wits with it. Knowing him, I agree, he would've been bored. But as soon as he picked me up from the airport, he noticed that I looked healthier and younger so he agreed that maybe next year he will give it a go provided that the grandparents can look after our kids.
One must think I've paid a fortune for this kind of healthy holiday, But no, just a small fortune 615 euros for 7 days in a garden front cottage. It was worth every penny - all food and drinks, yoga and meditation classes, ayuredic treatments prescribed by the doctor, consultations, were included in the price plus the airport transfer. To be honest, I didn't even have time or the need to spend more on anything else. I'll definitely return next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ally C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
Orange County Resorts Kabini
Orange County Resorts Kabini
#1 of 2 in Nagarhole National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,306 reviews

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!