“be open and have no expectations”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kalpetta
Reviewed 12 October 2013

have been back from four weeks in AYV, I have decided to start saving now to return next year, and then I will make full use of the fantastic opportunity that is available there. This is a place to stop, revitalise, get in contact with yourself and all that surrounds you. To say that I went into this blindly is not quite true.......but I really did not know what to expect. first trip to India, first experience of ayurvedic medicine and treatments - so why not just jump in and go for an entire month. So I did, I was also lucky enough to be there for the celebration of Onam, a major festival in Kerala. Go into this with an open mind (& heart) and you will get (I got) the most amazing experience of your (my) life. The staff were fabulous, the fellow participants were some of the most amazing people I have ever met in one place - though some of the conversations were interesting, the food was just some of the best that I would love to replicate (thanks Sunitha for the dosa recipe it worked!!), the pickles, the treatments - I could go on and on......I did not make full use of the yoga, mediation and the hill, but will do so next time. And there will be a next time, thank you all so very much. Two words of advice, take your own pillow and just enjoy....whatever your language because everyone understands laughs....

Room Tip: Any room away from the paths was great, and for me one with a side window for cross ventilation
2  Thank jiggaCairns

Reviewed 30 September 2013

It is the second time a go for a treatment in this center.

To describe the place: impressive nature and scenery next to the river.
There is no pollution and you can only hear the nature around you.
This is a holly place and every morning prayers are done for the place, the patients and staff.
I found the food quite good and fresh, with organic food daily prepared.
You will enjoy it (you can always ask for more) unless you are on special diet due to treatment.
Two thumbs up for the staff that is friendly, professionnal, kind, helpfull and always smiling.
This is important since you might need this good spirit if the beginning of the treatment is hard on you.

However, the center should improve in some areas such as:
- the bedding,
- the bathroom (seperate the sink from the shower area with a curtain),
- and the principal doctor should try to be there more often if possible.

Room Tip: If free, ask for the rooms on the sides, with no neighbor on your left neither right, and with view...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank David_de-La-Chapelle
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was a different holiday for me and my boyfriend than what we're used to - usually when we're on holiday we go back home feeling more tired than before we leave with all the running around and sightseeing that we do! This time we wanted to try something different so we went to the Ayurveda Yoga Villa for a quiet, relaxing holiday.

We had some concerns since this was something new for us, but we soon forgot all about them. I wasn't sure about the food as I am a bit picky and I wasn't sure if I'd like it, plus I knew there would be no shops close-by, but I really liked it! It tasted good and portions were perfect.

On the whole it was wonderful - in those surroundings I felt one with nature and it was a well-needed break from everyday life. The atmosphere was calm and peaceful and the staff were really friendly - and so were the other residents! We really felt welcome and at home.

The only thing we didn't like was that there was no wifi; my boyfriend is addicted to the internet and we was going crazy at first! And we also thought the resort would be bigger, but the most important thing is that it was always clean and we had everything we needed.

I definitely recommend this place if you want to take a break and really relax; you'll go back home feeling like a new person!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I've just returned from one week at AYV and will definitely go back for a full 3 weeks panchakarma. This place is a special find and I feel very fortunate to have discovered it. This is not a place to indulge in 5 star luxury but if you want an environment to balance and rejuvenate then this is it. The first couple of days may be difficult as you withdraw from addictions like coffee, sugar and WIFI. However with the help of the program provided by AYV... pure food, ayurvedic treatments and medicines, yoga classes and pooja, ceremonies, I found mind body and spirit starting to balance and the pleasure in just pure being emerges. The staff at AYV treat you as a loved family member, not as a customer. This is genuine Indian hospitality at its best. The doctors were passionate, knowledgeable and skilled. The owner, Ajhit is a man of vision and integrity and has made sure that every step is taken to ensure the best and purest experience. The treatment medicines are mostly made form locally collected plants. The ghee used in some of the treatments is made from a rare breed of indian cows which are fed organic grains and plants. .....and ...and ... . This is the real deal! Do yourself a favour just get there!

1  Thank Annie J
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Most of us spend our holidays running around sightseeing and trying to fill in as much of our time. Therefore for the first two days of my time at Ayurveda Yoga Villa were very difficult. I was so restless and felt like my skin was crawling and it was very difficult to "be still". I could not sleep and lost my appetite, especially because I had a huge coffee and coke craving. However, through my regular yoga and my body and brain learning to slow down, I started feeling amazing ! the staff of Ayurveda Yoga Villa were absolutely amazing. Rashmi and the Swamiji really gave me all the spiritual guidance I was looking for. The guests I met became friends and not a day goes by that I don't think about them. Everyone goes to Ayurveda Yoga Villa for a different reason, mine was to make myself stronger, inside my mind and soul, which I definitely did. I found exactly what I was looking for and more. Also, the dreams you have at AYV are so vivd and amazing - most guests I spoke to experienced similar dreams. AYV is not the place to go with your guard up. Immerse yourself in the life and culture. Be tolerant. I mean, after all...this is India and I definitely consider AYV my second home.

1  Thank Prebz
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Ayurveda Yoga Village is my absolute favorite place to relax, eat and enjoy all the activity that the amazing staff has to offer.
I was there on their special Wellness Weekend, where I enjoyed relaxing Massage & ultra-spiritual meditation times that offered me serenity and comfort throughout my journey.
Their Lunch was 5 stars and absolutely the finest cuisine I have experienced in the region hands down!
the scenery and wondrous vista’s truly made for a wonderful, relaxing and serene experience that left me just the right amount of rejuvenated for the long flight home, what a wonderful eccentric staff, I loved my stay!

Room Tip: Check out their packages, and buy ahead of time. The staff is so friendly and you'll get to pic...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

While my impressions of what India would be like before arriving were varied, the Ayurveda Yoga Villa will
remain as such a wonderful memory of the country.

I've been a practitioner of yoga, meditation and other eastern practices for many years, and this Villa fulfilled
what I imagined the 'origin' of these practices would be.

After being picked up by a nice driver and driven for over 3 hours (a comfortable ride that I wasn't expecting)
I was checked in with lengthy paperwork but important preparation for the treatment and activites I'd
be partaking in while there.

My room was simple but comfortable. The rooms weren't 'secured' like I'm used to in North American holiday
spots, but that didn't bother me much - though a safe would have been nice for passports etc.

The morning poolah was nice and then time for meditation was wonderful. I so enjoyed the food (it varied
each day) and the portions were small but left me energized. It was great being able to have so many
options of ayervedic treatments, yoga, classes...I was in my glory for all of the choices and all relevant to
my interests. I highly recommend the Panchakarma detox...i feel clean, engergized, real.

The weather was fine most of the time, with a couple days of heavy downpours, but mostly sunny and comfortable.
Thank you to the wonderful, professional staff who have created a remarkable getaway.
Stay in the Garden Cottages if you can - serene!

Room Tip: Go for the Garden Cottages!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ttreleaven
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Wayanad Silverwoods
#7 of 22 in Kalpetta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn
#5 of 22 in Kalpetta

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!