“Udayagiri piece of paradise”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kalpetta
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The most beautiful smiles that warms the hart and soul of anyone.
The people at Udayagiri are like family, old friends that you have met before..
The treatments are amazing, powerful healing.. Ayurveda from heart and soul,and the food is made with love and care, very tasteful.
A place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beauty, the sunset is a gift to start the day..
I'd wish that that everyone could have the opportunity in a life time to have this experience.
The combination of all the things and yoga & Puja gave my mind peaceful and serenity. I'm back home now, but for sure I've changed some behaviors that i needed to change.
I'm feeling healthier, happier, with a huge smile on my face..
Thank you Udaya Giri friends! Untill next time

Room Tip: Rooms up up up.. Not the first one down, close to the kitchen..
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank VeraMauro

Reviewed 23 June 2014

It has been an excellent get away ... the place is beautiful and peaceful .. had been suffering from insomnia and anxiety.. being here has helped me relax and live in the present and now i am able to live normally back to work and back to my family the way i used to be before... excellent friendly young staff ever willing to help ....an excellent yoga teacher ..sunil..thank you..

Room Tip: laxhmi was very noisy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mariadias1973
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The two weeks stay was a good start to change my lifestyle to a more regulated, healthier one and be myself again. The people there are amazing and show you through their smiles and actions that life is there to enjoy and every problem has a solution. Being in the middle of palm trees and fields, close by a river allows to be in touch with nature and realize how important it is. The huts are very comfortable and clean. A wide program is offered and it is up to you in what you want to participate, meditation, yoga, pooja, kalari (if you want to sweat), one to more Ayurveda treatments a day, one Ayurveda doctor consultation every day.

Be aware that this place is a lot about Ayurveda (I did not really inform myself before going), so you can get a lot of special treatments especially if you do panchakarma. Anyway it is really making you feel yourself again and cleanses your body. So just enjoy :-).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Binmann
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here with my partner for 6 days and we really enjoyed our stay. During many back and forths in my bookings due to personal reasons, I was so impressed by the professional and warm handling of my requests by Monisha, that I got motivated to make everything possible to visit AYV. We were picked up at Mararikulam, a car drive of about 10-12 hours away, which was very easy going and also professionally executed. The restaurant manager accompanied us and he was very helpful and friendly during our entire stay. The treatments were good, the care by Dr. Anu excellent and adapted to our needs. She was sincerely concerned about our well-being and did a fantastic job in consulting us, especially since my partner is an Ayurvedic practitioner himself.

I highly recommend taking Kalari classes with the extraordinary Kalari Master and Guru Mureedharan, who also did amazing Kalari massages (the best massages I had during my stay) and very touching and inspiring Puja sessions in the morning and evening. Coming from a traditional Kalari family, Mureedharan takes the training sessions very seriously and puts his heart into it. It taught me a lot about my body and my capabilities and helped me to get in shape quickly - it is physically very demanding but one of the most special and effective trainings I have ever had.

The yoga teacher Shakti had a voice of an angel when she sang the mantras and we felt very well taken care of by the entire staff. The restaurant staff, especially the manager, was amazing and the food the best I had in my one month stay in Kerala.

Overall it was a great stay at a resort which is down-to-earth, making its own medicines and taking the Panchakarma very seriously. The location by the river is perfect to get grounded and let go of your stress.
If you expect luxury and a perfect set-up in the treatment rooms or villas, you are not at the right place. The rooms are very simple and an overall renovation would be needed. Also a better space for the Kalari massages and a renovation of the floor in the Kalari hall would be a great improvement. However, since these are just details, it is definitely worth visiting AYV and next time I will make sure to stay longer. Thank you to the entire staff for this warm welcome and I hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vivienne D
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ayurveda Yoga Villa managed to transform my life in two weeks following extremely thorough consultation resulting in a program that has left me with a profound feeling of well being.I cannot praise all the staff highly enough for an exceptionally therapeutic experience and i am planning a return visit next year

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank lesley w
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have done my first panchakarma at AYV and it was the best choice. I was looking for a holistic center to support myself by the spiritual way while receiving the ayurvedic treatments and it was the place to get adequate energy and help from all the staff. Therapists, Yoga teachers, doctors, catering staff and all the people working there became like a family to provide an unforgettable experience and the feeling to be "at home". The wonderful location in the preserved Keralean Mountains is definitely the perfect one to meditate and get all the benefits of my stay. By attending ayurvedic treatments at other places, I warmly recommend AYV as the best one. Thanks a lot and see you soon, Sujatha

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank SujathaHy
Reviewed 18 May 2014

i spent only 8 days there but even that was enough to feel energetic again....the whole staff is just like a big family,very dedicated to all your needs...the doctors take the time to get to know you so they can adjust your treatments during your stay.the setting is perfect,food was excellent;next time i will stay for a longer period for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank mariecam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Wayanad Silverwoods
#7 of 22 in Kalpetta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn
#5 of 22 in Kalpetta

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!