Ayurveda Yoga Villa
US$84
US$122
US$113
US$129
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$54
Agoda.com
Wyndvalley Garden Resort(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$178
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsholistic approachlife changingfour weeksthe kitchen staffhealing processpancha karmadoctors and therapistsmountain retreatudayagiri retreatweight lossmartial artswestern medicinetreatment roomsan open mindfeeling amazinghealth problemseveryday life
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I have just returned from spending a month here, and I was very sad to leave. The people are amazing, the location simply beautiful, food delicious, and treatments great. I was on the weight management programme and lost 13kg, not bad going really.

This place certainly has a special quality; you can't help but relax and soak up the beauty that surrounds you. I left feeling revitilised, rejuvenated and mentally and physically lighter. For me it was a journey back to myself.

There will be times when there is no power or hot water, but it never lasts that long, just relax and enjoy.

I'll be going back for more, that's for sure.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank mdotdub
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I only got to spend 8 days here, it is recommended for 3-4 weeks but dont let this put you off as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It is in an amazing location of forest and river but you can take a car into town if you want some shopping or other day trips. The team and all the staff are great, they cant do enough for you. The yoga & instructor was fantastic with a balanced holistic approach. The food is gorgeous, mostly organic and sourced locally or from the resort itself, there are detox or weight management options if you want. If you dont know much about ayuverda treatments then do some research before you go so you can get the best out of your stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank JSGCambs
Reviewed 17 May 2010

In the middle of great nature, I found that little resort and spent two wonderful weeks there.
Everyone working there takes its job very serious. From the kitchen staff, who prepares wonderful food and serves every need with a smile to the yoga teacher, who taught me the best yoga lessons I ever experienced to the massage girls, who go with you through the treatments and treat your body in a lovely way and the management, who really tries to do everything to make you happy and healthy the same time.
And all that in a amazing surrounding, where you can go for relaxing walks, swim in the river, meditate in the jungle, play with the kids, look out for monkeys or just smell all the different flowers all around.
The rooms are really spacious and clean, everything you need to relax is available.
To stay there for some weeks is the best gift you can give yourself!

1  Thank whitejasmine
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I spent three wonderful weeks here and can thoroughly and wholeheartedly recommend it. This is a special place and people here have already mentioned the peaceful surroundings and kind caring staff. I feel as if my experiences here have changed my life having returned with a healthier, leaner body, my mind is calm and focused and I fully intend to continue with these changes to my lifestyle which I have learned at here. I have seen some criticism of the doctor, but I found him kind, compassionate and knowledgeable.

The bedrooms are enormous, private and clean, however this is not a 5* resort and the power does tend to cut out sometimes, the bathrooms have a tired look to them, but then again they are not charging 5* prices. But if you are looking for a special place where you will be gently nurtured, brought back to health and looked after then this is the place for you.

1  Thank NewforestAli
Reviewed 29 April 2010

An amazing Holistic traditional Ayurveda & Yoga Meditation retreat. A most relaxing peaceful place to experience full Ayurveda Treatments with wonderful helpful, gentle and understanding staff. Location is superb, with amazing views of the River and country Kerala life, wonderful sunrises, you also awaken to the the spender of forest birds greeting the day and opportunities to experience local spiritual activities. Outstanding walks through the National Park and rural farms. Town is 35 minutes away by car easily arranged by staff, Safari for seeing Elephants, Deer, Peacocks, Bison is a must. Villas are well set out for privacy, clean, spacious with an asian country traditional feel with modern facilities, food is fresh tasty and Ayurvedic. This is the place to have a total immersion into the experience including getting to know the friendly gentle people and the culture, it like staying with a good friend. You will feel always welcome and leave with sadness as if leaving your family. I highly recommend to recharge, get healthy and relaxation and experience Kerala hospitality.

4  Thank genesis101