“The real deal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ayurveda Yoga Villa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kalpetta
Adelaide, Australia
“The real deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

A truly marvelous experience in a great setting,wonderful staff,friendly atmosphere,1st class treatments. This place is the real deal for ayurvedic treatment,it is not a holiday resort. Daily Doctors visits,combined with therapies,ayurvedic medicines and vegetarian diet tailored to suit your condition. I did the 28 day Panchakarma program,it was hard at times but i highly reccomend to anyone with mystery ailments that they havent been able to find an answer for. 10/10 cant fault the experience

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Gareth212

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

I am sure when I ponder my life experiences, during the twilight of my years, I will regard my 2 weeks in India at this beautiful and relaxing place. I travelled to this place for an enriching experience. What I found exceeded my expectations.
The place is in the middle of nature. After a couple of days my daily rythm was totally adjusted to the nature; I woke up very early and enjoyed the beautiful sunrise and the energy that surrounded me. The people are loveky, wise and very joyfull and they all do their best to make your stay a pleasant experience. The yoga and the teacher was amazing and I have learnt a lot of him. Also a lot of valuable idea's which definately shall help me in my way of life.
The food is delicious and healthy and the staff in the kidchen is always smiling. The cottages are nice, clean and big although back to basic wich is all I needed during my stay. After a couple of days you relalize that you don't need anything in life expect conscioussness.
I recommend everyone to book a trip to Mysore and visit the palace and the Chamundi temple on the Chamundi hill. For me it was inspiring to expercience this hindu temple, the ceremony, the sincerity and the happiness of the hindu religion and its people.

After almost 2 weeks I still feel the positive energy of this place and it feels like I was there 2 days ago.

This place really touched me!

Bahar

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bruller
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

I have visit a few Ayurvedic treatment locations in India and finally I find a place that got it all together. Since its located inland and on higher altitude than the coastline the climate here is not too warm witch is important for treatments and your sleep.
Nice large rooms with your own bathroom and not to hard beds. You have your own sit out where you can sit and read and meditate. Beautiful nature and small villages around where you can make your walks. Not to forget the great river that floats in front of the retreat.
The doctors are very skilled and you get your treatment and medicine after your needs and the same with your yoga. All the herbs they need are growing and prepared at the plays.
Absolutely fantastic food. It's not always easy to continue eating this kind of food for a while when you not use to it but here it is so good and varied. And you feel so great of it.
Friendly and helpfull staff that makes you feel like home.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Ayurhappy
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

I have just returned from spending a month here, and I was very sad to leave. The people are amazing, the location simply beautiful, food delicious, and treatments great. I was on the weight management programme and lost 13kg, not bad going really.

This place certainly has a special quality; you can't help but relax and soak up the beauty that surrounds you. I left feeling revitilised, rejuvenated and mentally and physically lighter. For me it was a journey back to myself.

There will be times when there is no power or hot water, but it never lasts that long, just relax and enjoy.

I'll be going back for more, that's for sure.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank mdotdub
cambs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

I only got to spend 8 days here, it is recommended for 3-4 weeks but dont let this put you off as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It is in an amazing location of forest and river but you can take a car into town if you want some shopping or other day trips. The team and all the staff are great, they cant do enough for you. The yoga & instructor was fantastic with a balanced holistic approach. The food is gorgeous, mostly organic and sourced locally or from the resort itself, there are detox or weight management options if you want. If you dont know much about ayuverda treatments then do some research before you go so you can get the best out of your stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JSGCambs
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

In the middle of great nature, I found that little resort and spent two wonderful weeks there.
Everyone working there takes its job very serious. From the kitchen staff, who prepares wonderful food and serves every need with a smile to the yoga teacher, who taught me the best yoga lessons I ever experienced to the massage girls, who go with you through the treatments and treat your body in a lovely way and the management, who really tries to do everything to make you happy and healthy the same time.
And all that in a amazing surrounding, where you can go for relaxing walks, swim in the river, meditate in the jungle, play with the kids, look out for monkeys or just smell all the different flowers all around.
The rooms are really spacious and clean, everything you need to relax is available.
To stay there for some weeks is the best gift you can give yourself!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank whitejasmine
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

I spent three wonderful weeks here and can thoroughly and wholeheartedly recommend it. This is a special place and people here have already mentioned the peaceful surroundings and kind caring staff. I feel as if my experiences here have changed my life having returned with a healthier, leaner body, my mind is calm and focused and I fully intend to continue with these changes to my lifestyle which I have learned at here. I have seen some criticism of the doctor, but I found him kind, compassionate and knowledgeable.

The bedrooms are enormous, private and clean, however this is not a 5* resort and the power does tend to cut out sometimes, the bathrooms have a tired look to them, but then again they are not charging 5* prices. But if you are looking for a special place where you will be gently nurtured, brought back to health and looked after then this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank NewforestAli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
Coffea Aroma Resort - Wayanad
Vythiri Village
Vythiri Village
#1 of 8 in Vythiri

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!