“This is the place you ought to be!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lantern Stay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Lantern Stay
Bengaluru, India
“This is the place you ought to be!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was there for 3days and I absolutely loved it. Hospitality is amazing. I was looking for a place that was not too commercialized and crowded. This resort is so peaceful and quiet. I woke up to beautiful birds singing and what more could I have asked for. Food was amazing. Rasheed was helpful. Love the appams,chutney, lunch, dinner and oh of course, tea and coffee.The whole point of being here is to relax and enjoy nature.I am in love with this place and could not get over with it even after reaching my destination. People are warm and friendly.And, I loved the cottage so much that I would hesitate to come out of my bed. Bonfire was good. I will come back.

Room Tip: Cottages are the best
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

The location is just beautiful.. it can’t better than this, if you are a nature lover. Situated on a valley, the view of mountains, lush green all around and mesmerizing streams is just great.
The hospitality extended by Vinod was beyond what I expected, food was great. Wish I could spend one more day at the resort and relax.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nagstravel
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had read most of the reviews before I went and saw all the positive comments. I still was not prepared for what was in store for us. OUTSTANDING. A sincere personalised attention to every detail, including how we were progressing in our drive up to Wyanad, then on to Meppadi, then to the parking lot and ensuring that the 4WD jeep that has to pick us up from the car park being on time etc. The drive up to the parking lot itself is fabulous - through some fantastic tea plantation. The 4WD drive - 1.5km during which I think we ended up climbing about 500ft (I could be wrong - its based on how I located the points in google earth) is plain simple offroading. At some points I still cannot imagine how the jeep went over those 'boulders'. My boys had the ride of their life. The resort is fabulously maintained. The cottage that we had was exquisite with a very neat and clean bathroom. Even the view from the bathroom was phenomenal! The resort is on the slope of the Chembra peak, the highest in Wayanad. Its practically in the valley formed between the Chembra and another mountain on the opposite side. And with the stream right below - for a nature lover like me it was absolute bliss. We were quite lucky in the sense that the sun was out bright until late afternoon and then the rains came. The sight of the approaching rain, the rain in itself and the receding rain is a sight to behold... And then we could see the trees on the mountain on the opposite valley 'transpiring' vapour... Bikul and vinod are phenomenal people to deal with. The staff, Rasheed and Ali were very friendly and always available for us with anything that we needed. Even the others (whose names I do not know) always sported a smile. The food that they served was out of the world. (I was there with my sons only - my wife was away on a tour). When we returned home my youngest son tells his mom "can you call lantern stay and find out how they made a particular dish!". I was very pleasantly surprised by a small library with some very interesting books - my boys loved this aspect too. If you really want to enjoy the forest, the sights and sounds of the forest / nature this is where it is. I am so glad that they have not added the standard trapping of spa etc etc. If they had done so, it would have killed the natural freshness of their property and their offering. Right after I stayed here I went to another resort in Wyanad (because I could not get more nights in Lantern stay as they were booked) which was much more 'established' and much more 'equipped' with spa etc. Both my boys as well as me preferred Lantern Stay anytime. One heck of a place. I will for sure go back there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was THE THE MOST SHOCKING & PLACE CLOSEST TO NATURE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EXPERIENCED....!!!!!

To start with once you reach meppadi and take road the resort you will the beautifully plantations but that's common what's special right....!!

Now u finish the plantation and come close to the forest area ghosh what you see is purely nature at its best just not that u go further you reach your normal ride stops & jeep ride starts this is it...!!! From here it's a rollacoster ride you will be shocked to see what is in front of you streams, boulders,pathways except a road lol

After the ride which I have never experienced after a lot travelling you will need to walk to resort which layedout in the lap of the forest nothing but wilderness choose to trek relax next to campfire you name it it's arranged.

All the more hospitality & food all really really good..!!!

What next now I am visiting the place with friends within a month.

Room Tip: All rooms are great...!!! But you have forest view,stream view which are really good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

This place just came to me as a reference from my cousin...made a surprise bday plan for my best friend. we were a gang of four...trust me the only thing i have to say is WOW...close to nature after from all the traffic we hate...and yes the fresh air drives you crazy as ur so not used to it...i have never written this kind of a review before, trust me would recommend to everyone who says they want to go to a place which is different from the usual. My best friend was pleasantly surprised with the jeep ride through the waterfalls, trek experience, and a 5star quality stay...to actually be precise we hardly had range on our phones so just a break from reality...i would surely be visiting again...to eat the finger licking food and yes surely the water tastes better than anything ever tasted before...:)...CHeers Lantern Stay.

Room Tip: just ask Bikul he is the best judge :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I will have to say I got more than I expected. We went there thinking it was just a regular resort. But this was beyond that. The hospitality was home life. The food was yummy. Environment clean and green. Sound of nature every where. And all for a really great price. The spot is almost complete untouched by humans. We even enjoyed the bumpy ride from Meppadi to the foot of our 1 Km trek. The kids (Ages 4 and 2) loved the trek up and we walked up and down that path more than a couple time during those 2 days just on the insistence of the 2 and 4 year old. Excellent hospitality and great stories by Bikul. We felt completely comfortable even with our kids occasionally dropping food over the dinner table. Excellent cook Sayed uncle. Made us yummy fish fry and chicken roast (Kerala style). We even enjoyed the amazing chicken cooked in Banana leaf Wayanad style. Great tour guide, Trek guide, helping hand Nahaz. He was very helpful in getting us whatever we wanted ... whether extra cups of tea or Lanterns to light the room.
I wish Lantern stay was a closer ... But will surely visit again ... distance will not stop this family of four.
Ziva, Isaac, Suresh and Rohini

Room Tip: The suites were perfect for our family of four. We wanted to be in the cottage. But Bikul suggested...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I never thought such a unspoilt natural beauty exists india. If you want a calm peaceful place away from urban life this is the place. Homely food, great host and extreme peace. You can hear only flowing water and bird chirps. Great place for nature loving people. I will surely go there

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
#1 of 8 in Vythiri
Marmalade Springs
Marmalade Springs
#5 of 74 in Kalpetta

Been to Lantern Stay? Share your experiences!