“The two faces of Enteeveedu - Not my Home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Enteveedu - Home Stay
Ranked #3 of 90 Kalpetta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were very excited to reach Wayanad after a long journey from Cochin. The room was large and as we imagined, a view of the already harvested rice paddies. (read not as lush as in the pictures).
The manager was absent as the women working there only to ready to please, if they managed to understand what you were requesting. The surrounds were well furnished, clean and relaxing. The food was a bit hit and miss. They were happy to cater for our non chilli eating children but the meals were not very well planned. The manager did return and organised a driver for us to do some daytripping. it was a busy day with cars taking guests to different destinations. We developed a good rapport with our driver and the next day we asked to call him. We respected the system of asking for the driver through the homestay, as opposed to calling him directly. That was a mistake. We were kept waiting as 'madam' told us stories about our driver being out somewhere with another tourist and unavailable. Unfortunately for her my husband can understand malyalam and worked out that she was lying to us and manipulating the situation to her own benefit. Our chosen driver was an emergency driver for her on a busy day when all HER cars were busy. She wanted us to use her car and her driver so she made all the profit. She spoke about the drivers and cars as though they were someone elses and coming from another hotel to obscure the truth of her vested interest. When she was exposed for her lie her face changed dramatically and the friendly mask disappeared. There is nothing wrong with wanting to run a business, and this is very much a business and not a homelike homestay, but to lie to your customers so blatantly is offensive and we will never support a business based on manipulation of unaware tourists!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sassymama0
Seetha R, Owner at Enteveedu - Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your visit to Enteveedu.I am sorry to know that we did not meet your expectations.Your family visited us during the peak season as you mentioned and it is very difficult to get a driver without prior arrangements.I managed to get hold a good driver for your family after a lot of phone calls.Unfortunately the same driver was not available the next day because he had a long trip from Wayanad to Cochin and thus was not interested in taking the day-trip.There is no reason for me to lie on such a matter since that is how drivers work especially in Wayanad where its difficult to get long trips.I do own cars in partnership with my drivers who also prefer long trips because it pays them more.I do not make "Profit" when my drivers are used but yes my drivers earn their livelihood.(That is the only reason I took the cars in partnership so that profit goes to them)The driver called was coming from another hotel after dropping the guests there.This was what I tried to explain(Please note there is no need for me to hide the fact that I own cars since guests feel more comfortable with at home drivers and since we provide the most reasonable rates.).English is a second language to me so maybe because of this you misunderstood..You mentioned your husband knows malayalam,you could have let me known so that any misunderstandings and misinterpretations could have been avoided.I could have given you the number of the driver also if you wanted to double check his availability .

I take my business very seriously because my staff members and their kids depend entirely on this .Any person running a homestay will tell you it is difficult to walk the fine line of running a profitable business and simultaneously ensuring a homely atmosphere to the guests.I believe by gods grace I have been successful in doing that so far.I also know that it is impossible to please everybody but It would have been a lot easier if you would have openly asked me any concerns you felt at that time and I would have been more than happy to clear it.

Thank you for the review and I will definitely strive harder to meet my guests expectations.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were a group of 12 including two elderly couples and two kids who visited Wayanad for our first anniversary in May 2014. The highlight of our Wayanad trip was definitely the stay in Ente Veedu and the warm service we received from Mrs.Seetha and her support staff.
While the reviewers below have already mentioned about the facilities the homestay provided (something for everyone - play area for kids, badminton/ tt for adults or the books for everyone) and the delicious food (they provided neatly packed special food for the kids on request for our trips), I would like to highlight the courteous service we received from the staff.
Each of the staff was very friendly and courteous and any request from us was received with a smile. They also arranged for a candle-light/ earthen lamp decoration on the night of our anniversary along with a cake for celebration. This was a surprise for us as they did these arrangements in a short notice (proactively).
On request, Mr.Rajan also took us for a walk around the plantation, providing some interesting insights about the different vegetation in and around the estate.
All in all, we had a very nice time at the homestay and I highly recommend the place, specially for families.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Seetha R, Owner at Enteveedu - Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Sir,
It was a pleasure to have you and your group at EnteVeedu. We are very much delighted that you have celebrated your first anniversary here with your family and we could provide you with all the facilities you all required. We shall be glad if you would spread a word regarding Enteveedu to your close friends.

Thanks and Regards.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Enteveedu reviews

I would conclude saying that Enteveedu is a Highly recommendable Homestay for travelers of all sorts to Wayanad

To put things in perspective, we did not visit Wayanad in the right season; April-May is avoidable due to heat and sun. And the places of interest in the vicinity – Kuruva island, Thirunelli temple, Pookote lake, Banasura sagar dam are definitely NOT Must-sees, at least, not in this season. I expect a different experience of these places, the dam, in particular, if visited during Nov-Jan times. To add to this, we were told that visitors are denied entries to two other highlights – Soochipura, Meenmutty waterfalls.

But, despite all these drawbacks, one big reason why we came back with fond memories from the trip was due to the quality of homestay

Detailing the homestay’s hits and misses
Hits:
Food was great, simply superb. You may ask for a customization and Ms. Seeta and her staff would oblige. We were all vegetarians and had two kids who needed an additional customization. Every single meal we had at the homestay was delicious drawing us to over-eat.
Hospitality was outstanding. It was simply the old world stuff – Genuine concern and care, an intention to make the guests feel comfortable and happy… Listening to Ms. Seetha talk about her endeavor in building Enteveedu was memorable.
Rooms were simple, spacious and maintained clean all the time. Good job!
Open-air Badminton court next to the rooms was a pleasure to have, and so were a couple of things for the kids – sandpit, birds, treehouse
Facilities around the homestay were simple but sufficient

Misses:
No Swimming pool – A must for the families nowadays, especially during the summers
Apart from the badminton court, there isn’t much else. I recommend an open air volleyball court, or even a simple cricket pitch within nets
A more spacious room for TT would be nice to have. It hurt to play there, literally
A guided tour of the estate wherein the visitors could learn more about the fauna and appreciate the art of cultivation could be arranged

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Seetha R, Owner at Enteveedu - Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Shashikiran,

It was our pleasure to have you at EnteVeedu Homestay. So happy to know that you loved the place as well as Wayanad. We have our plans to construct a swimming pool soon. We will be grateful to have you and your family back to Wayanad and visit us soon.

Thanks and Regards.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were a group of 10 adults and 2 children (2-3 years) and spent 2 nights-3 days during May 2014 and suffices to say, it was a wonderful and very relaxing experience far from the maddening city living. The rooms were quite well kept with natural decor, and the bathrooms were clean with hot water available throughout the day and night.

Quite a good number of activities and games for the kids including shuttle court, games area, sandbox, tree house etc. which kept the kids well entertained and out of our hair.

Mrs.Seetha and team are really good hosts who took care of our every request including packed food for children on days we went sightseeing and that was something we really appreciated. Food was good with a mix of Kerala cuisine and others; not very spicy. They also organized a cake and beautiful lamp decorations in the evening to celebrate the wedding anniversary of a couple in our group.

Enteveedu is located quite close to all the main tourist places like Pookot Lake, Banasurasagar Dam, Thirunelli temple, Kuruva island etc. and all of these can be reached with a couple of hours of driving.

Will highly recommend this homestay to anyone who prefers rustic and natural accomodations and home-cooked food. Early morning coffee on the front lawn is a must do!

2  Thank Sandeep H
Seetha R, Owner at Enteveedu - Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Sandeep,
It was a pleasure to have you and your group at EnteVeedu. Even we were delighted to celebrate the anniversary. Really happy you all enjoyed at Enteveedu. Waiting for you all to come and visit us again

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was the last place on a three week trip to India - my first. From the moment we arrived Seetha and all her staff helped us feel comfortable and at home and welcome. The rooms are enormous - we stayed at the top of the house - and have lovely views from our balcony. A bonus was an outdoor area we could also relax in. The place is large enough to feel that you are in a hotel with lots of privacy. We had a tour of the plantation with our host. A lovely man who obviously loves where he lives. Get him to take you to the derelict temple - its a real gem. One evening two of our group were unwell and the staff made rice soup - an example of how the owners and their staff look after you. Lots of great suggestions for days out and local visits. The owners want you to enjoy both their home and the local area. Like all the places I stayed in India on this trip, the hospitality was outstanding. Thank you.

Room Tip: Apartment at the top of the house.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hi,
It was our pleasure to have you at EnteVeedu. So happy to know that you loved the place as well as Waynad. Waiting for you to come back to EnteVeedu soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent only a couple of days. If it had been possible we would have stayed much longer. The whole location is an excellent place for relaxing. Everything was perfect: hospitality, food, rooms, the whole atmosphere.

If we ever manage to travel to India again, we will definitely stay here much longer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi,
It was a pleasure to have you and your group at EnteVeedu. So happy to know that you loved the place as well as Waynad. Waiting for you to come back to Wayanad and visit us soon.

Thanks and regards

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We spent couple of days here and loved the location, food, ambience and overall hospitality. The owners have made an extra effort to make the place a 'comfortable, homely' place to stay while providing for other facilities like a badminton court, etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
seetharaj, Owner at Enteveedu - Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for that kind feedback. It was indeed a pleasure to have you at Enteveedu homestay. It is nice to know you enjoyed here.

We will be delighted to have to at Enteveedu again.

Thanks and Regards,
Seetha

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Wayanad Silverwoods
9 mi away
Wayanad Wind Resort
Wayanad Wind Resort
#4 of 90 in Kalpetta

Been to Enteveedu - Home Stay? Share your experiences!