I sent a message to the owner, no response after 5 days. Made request for booking, no response. So I never been to this place but I made this review because the non-existent attitude of the owner.
I appreciate that this property is 'Retro' and has a certain unique charm. I also appreciate the price that goes with the property and so am not too fussed that is wasn't too full of fancy gadgets etc.
However upon entering the property the smell is very fusty and the kitchen was dirty - thankfully and appreciatively this latter part was dealt with by the letting agency in a quick and professional manner (thank you for this Gemma).
I write this not for a complaint but more so for feedback and a warning to future clients of the cottage in the near future.
I agree with some of the comments that the prior response put and would like to add that the property is in need of some serious updating - leave the retro look by all means but please pay attention to the following.
- the carpets are coming away and so could cause a trip hazards
- the place smells
- the pots and pans are dirty and greasy
- The bathroom needs a extractor fan and also needs a shower putting up. 4 people having a bath to share is not the best with one tank of water!
- I could not see a CO2 detector (if there is one - great)
- There was no WIFI access - this is a normal aspect of lettings today
- if you are to let out the property - make it a letting property and not a home that allows people to stay in it. Old rubbish and blankets are not what is expected from a gust house - despite the price,
- The cupboards are full of alcohol and would be a temptation to anyone staying there - I don't like red wine so you were safe with me.
On top of this and probably the most annoying and holiday disrupting part were the constant works ongoing next door.
They start at 8am banging through the walls - grind concrete in the back garden (allowing dust to go over all clothes etc) and unfortunately swear a lot (people with young kids beware) - I did have a word and the language calmed down but the peaceful and tranquil morning I was looking forward to having breakfast over looking the estuary sadly could not be had.
For now I would not recommend the property however look forward to revisiting should improvements be made.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
We were in this house for a week but would not recommend this place.
In a few words:
- pans, pots, glasses etc,rusty, dirty and surrounded by cobwebs
- no space in the kitchen's cupboards to put own shopping
- smelly wardrobes with some blankets inside and inhabited by moths
- old smelly sofa
- dirty toilet
Don't worry, we also found some positives :)
- good view from the window
- near to the beach
Generally this cottage could be really nice place to stay for holiday but need landlord's attention before anybody will come again.