The pub has just re-opened, we went there for our wedding anniversary meal.No starters on the menu. I had salmon with whitw wine & dill sauce, the sauce was like dishwater & little flavour, my Husband has sweet & sour chicken, which was a large portion, which came with both chips & rice, but the meal had a strange metallic taste to it.
When given the hand written dessert menu, we enquired if the desserts were homemade, to which the answer given by the waitress, was they are fresh!! freshly defrossed!!! they were far from homemade & very disappointed. After our dessert dishes were cleared, we sat there for approx 30 mins, then had to ask for the bill. I think we had been forgotten!!
The pub has been revamped nicely & the bar seemed busy with drinkers, but the owners really need to spend time looking at the meals the kitchen is producing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have just purchased the beacon inn, Haresfield, Gloucestershire in March 2013 after it being closed since december. It is currently undergoing some enhancements and will re-open shortly with new management. Thank you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Beacon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beacon Hotel Haresfield
- The Beacon Inn Haresfield, Gloucestershire