I stumbled across The Beacon on the internet a few weeks ago, shortly after the new owners (Wendy & Steve) had taken charge. Wendy explained that the hotel was being refurbished and that the rooms I was looking for (three in total, including one family room) would be ready by the time I arrived. Everything from then on went smoothly, a few weeks later I phoned to reserve a table for the 8 of us for evening meals and Wendy emailed over the menu for me to have a look at.
We arrived and checked in, the rooms were nicely furbished with everything we needed then we headed for the bar. There were five real ales available and a selection of ciders too.
Throughout the stay all the staff were both pleasant & attentive and our evening meals were excellent on both nights. We ate in the dining area and there are also a range of bar snacks to choose from too. (but we never tried them). As well as the regular menu there are a range of specials on the blackboard too.
Nothing seemed too much trouble and both Wendy & Steve went out of their way to help us out on more than one occasion during our stay.
All in all we had a great time at The Beacon and look forward to returning there the next time we have a trip down south.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have just purchased the beacon inn, Haresfield, Gloucestershire in March 2013 after it being closed since december. It is currently undergoing some enhancements and will re-open shortly with new management. Thank you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Beacon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beacon Hotel Haresfield
- The Beacon Inn Haresfield, Gloucestershire