“brill”

Cotswold Farm Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 28 August 2014

loads of information and stuff to do for young and old. Everyone looked happy - animals, visitors and staff

There are newer reviews for Cotswold Farm Park

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We have visited the farm park many times but this was the first time we camped and I can highly recommend it. The wardens give you a warm welcome and the pitches are a reasonable size and pretty flat. We had the bonus of being on the edge of the site with a view of donkeys, goats and a very vocal cow. You can enjoy a lovely walk from the campsite before settling down to some local produce. If you can't be bothered to cook there is a cafe attached to the farm park. We appreciated the milk machine and the heat in the shower block which both contributed to a comfortable stay in inclement weather. You pay once for entry into the park then can come and go as much as you please. At night it was peaceful apart from the odd moo.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

During our weekend in the Cotswolds we gave our the teenage girls the choice of where to visit. Of all the places this was their top pick. Hard to understand when 2 of the 4 actually live on a farm!

I was also curious to see how much had changed since my last visit (probably about 35 years ago) before BBC fame.

As it was a bank holiday Saturday I was impressed that although there were loads of people it didn't feel overcrowded and it was easy to park.

On entry everyone receives a wrist band - (mobile number can be recorded on these in case anyone gets lost). Nice touch for those with little ones. You can also buy bags of animal feed to hand feed the animals as you go around. This is highly recommended as the goats, sheep, pigs etc expect a few nibbles for the privilege coming close to you and allowing you to give them a bit of a pet. Extra bags of food can be bought later - kids tend to give huge amounts to the first animals they see and run out before they get to the really cute ones.

Great play areas including bouncy pillows, (split into two age groups), obstacle course in woods, maze, zip wire, tractors play zones (both pedal and electric, huge play combine harvester and much more but really aimed at younger kids.

There is plenty of places to buy food but there are also plenty of areas in which to have a picnic with tables and bins and some under-cover areas. Picnic eaters were made to feel welcome and included, a real plus point nowadays when so many attractions over promote their own eateries.

Saying that, the food from the cafe looked great and locally sourced.

Don't miss the barn where you can pet rabbits/guinea pigs/chicks or the talks on milking etc. you actually learn quite a lot.

The only queue we waited in was for the tractor farm tour but you can't really miss this. It's not very long (15 minutes) as you see a little bit more.

The one disappointing area was the conservation area. Very small and perhaps more detail could have been included. Loved the bee hive but much more could have been made of this.

The highlight for me was the delightful piglets. Less than a month old and incredibly cute. When we first saw them they were feeding but later they were charging around in a group, exploring everywhere like a posse of teenage lads, followed behind by the little runt of the litter.

It was great to learn more about the importance of rare breeds and the work that is done to safeguard their existence. Very commendable that the purpose if the park is not just as a tourist attraction.

I can't say that the general layout has changed dramatically over the years but there are more things to do and more undercover areas. What is missing is the enclosure where you were allowed in with the animals. Shame in a way as you can't get quite as close but good in another as there used to be a mad, bad goat that mugged you for your bag of food. I guess health and hygiene regs have changed things a little.

And did the teenage girls enjoy it? Well yes if course - but they did say that if they went again they would want to take some little children with them so that they didn't look so out of place enjoying themselves!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

What a great place to visit. We had 4 days camping with 3 boys, one aged 12 and two 10 year olds and they loved every minute. The camp site is ideal, located next door to the farm, and the entrance fee is very good value paying for one day and then everyday after is free. The boys loved the farm, it is very hands on and the children can handle a variety of animals as well as feeding goats and lambs. We will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed at the camp site for 3 days in August with friends and 4 kids. The site is clean and well set out with plenty of space for children to run around. There is a lovely play area which the kids enjoyed. The facilities are clean but x2 showers meant I didn't bother having a shower on the first morning because of the wait. Really could do with a few more.
Downside
On the first day I drove through the site at around 10 mph. (To be fair this is over the stated limit of 5 mph) but not excessive. I have my own children and do appreciate they have a habit of jumping out in front of you. The site warden cycled over and told me off. I apologised and agreed with him to pay more attention as I was in the wrong but he continued stating "I would only get one warning and I'd be asked to leave" I was stunned. To be honest it really annoyed us and our friends. I didn't have a problem with him raising the point but the way he spoke to me was rude. I am a paying customer after all. He spent quite allot of time driving up and down in a car checking the site also but for no apparent reason. It was a shame because generally I would go again but would think twice because the atmosphere at the site. Some customer care training should be considered.