We stopped one Saturday night on the way home from Cheltenham. The Hollow Bottom is a very nice Cotswold pub/inn, and the rooms are well maintained and decorated. Even having the one room that has a separate bathroom across the hallway was no real inconvenience - all the other rooms that have ensuites were booked that night.
The pub itself has a great selection of real ales to try - always a bonus when so many places just serve the Green King IPA/etc.
The restaurant is also well run and appears to be well used by locals and passing visitor alike. The food on offer in the evening and at breakfast is really good quality and value for money.
As another reviewer has highlighted, the only real downside is that certain regulars feel the need to punctuate their discussions with "select" obscenities in very loud voices (maybe we were in the bar on the wrong night). I'm a regular in different pubs in the West Midlands, but the language was certainly "choice" in the Hollow Bottom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollow Bottom is a beautiful, traditional 17th Century Inn. Recently refurbished to blend the rustic with the contemporary. We have 4 letting rooms, 3 above the bar area and 1 outside near the rear garden. The Hollow Bottom is a bustling, busy country pub and restaurant and therefore noise can be heard in all the bedrooms on occasions despite the heavy acoustic underlay. It is a great place to visit for a unique atmosphere in the most beautiful village in the world. Come and see for yourselves! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Hollow Bottom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hollow Bottom Hotel Guiting Power
- The Hollow Bottom Guiting Power, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom