we visited The Hollow Bottom in May for a birthday weekend. Its a bit off the beaten track, and due to the rotten weather we weren't able to go out (it was lashing rain and very windy and we had no suitable shoes/clothing).
The pub itself is lovely, very olde worlde, our bedroom was large, clean and comfortable and the staff were very obliging and welcoming. However, I did feel that the drinks were expensive and the food was not that good (nothing out of the ordinary and expensive for what it was). The breakfast not good, the eggs did not look particularly appetising and the fried bread left a lot to be desired! (dripped fat onto plate when you bit into it - not pleasant!). The room was not cheap - it cost over £100 for the two of us for one night - paid less for better even in London.
All in all, an disappointing weekend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollow Bottom is a beautiful, traditional 17th Century Inn. Recently refurbished to blend the rustic with the contemporary. We have 4 letting rooms, 3 above the bar area and 1 outside near the rear garden. The Hollow Bottom is a bustling, busy country pub and restaurant and therefore noise can be heard in all the bedrooms on occasions despite the heavy acoustic underlay. It is a great place to visit for a unique atmosphere in the most beautiful village in the world. Come and see for yourselves! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Hollow Bottom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hollow Bottom Hotel Guiting Power
- The Hollow Bottom Guiting Power, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom