We are not exaggerating either. From the moment we stepped foot into The Hollow Bottom last week we knew we were onto a winner. The pub is so lovely and cosy with an huge open fire and lots of wonderful sporting memorabilia on the walls. You can spend hours looking at all the stuff and what is more satisfying is seeing the names of horses you have had a flutter on in the past. Another nice thing about the layout of the pub is there is a distinctive bar area with cosy tables and nooks and crannies and then a lovely big space for the restaurant with lots of tables and more wonderful horsey things on the walls, although you can eat in either. We had pint (rude not to) and then Katie showed us to our room and she very kindly up-graded us to a larger en-suite room, thank you so much. What a lovely room too, beautifully decorated, large and one of those showers with a massive shower head - divine. The view from the window too was something lovely to wake up to. There's a shelf stacked with books if you feel like reading too but the staff are so engaging and friendly you don't want to sit and read. After a stroll around the very pretty village, back to the pub for something to eat. We had previously looked at the main menu and had pretty much decided on what we wanted but then Charlie turned up with the specials. Well that put a spanner in the works but in a nice way. We had a mixture of food from the main menu and the specials menu and all we can say is 'lovely', he is a fantastic chef who deserves all the awards he has won and more. The bar was filling up with locals who we chatted to as well and so we basically dug in and joined in the celebrations when the pub's victorious darts team returned having thrashed everyone else. We will always remember our evening and our impromptu match throwing darts at the 'round wheelie thing on the wall' as it was described by a member of the victorious team - you know who you are! Our fabulous stay was topped off with quite possibly the best ever breakfast the following morning. So to Katie, Noelle, Kevin, Ellie, Fiona and Charlie and anyone we've missed (apologies) who gave us such a lovely time at the Hollow Bottom, thank you so much and we will be back hopefully sooner rather than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollow Bottom is a beautiful, traditional 17th Century Inn. Recently refurbished to blend the rustic with the contemporary. We have 4 letting rooms, 3 above the bar area and 1 outside near the rear garden. The Hollow Bottom is a bustling, busy country pub and restaurant and therefore noise can be heard in all the bedrooms on occasions despite the heavy acoustic underlay. It is a great place to visit for a unique atmosphere in the most beautiful village in the world. Come and see for yourselves! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Hollow Bottom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hollow Bottom Hotel Guiting Power
- The Hollow Bottom Guiting Power, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom