We went for a quiet weekend break away at the beginning of March, with the dog and we couldn't have asked for much more.
The room was lovely, we stayed in the Earth Summit and it was extremely spacious and nicely decorated. The room itself was situated above the restaurant, so there was a bit of noise in the evenings, however this is expected if you're going to stay in a countryside Inn. We weren't bothered by the noise, the staff even informed us prior that there would be, even though common sense would have told you.
For the first night we ate in the Hollow Bottom's restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. Looking at the regular menu it was akin to something you would find at most pubs, but the range of special dishes was extensive and the quality inspired. I had a crocodile tail stroganoff and it was fantastic, my partner had the wild mushroom and artichoke strudel and enjoyed the dish , even though she doesn't usually like mushrooms.
The staff were lovely, very friendly and happy to accommodate, I only wish I had got their names so I could point them out, but they were all a credit to the establishment.
We will be recommending you highly to our friends and anyone that will listen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollow Bottom is a beautiful, traditional 17th Century Inn. Recently refurbished to blend the rustic with the contemporary. We have 4 letting rooms, 3 above the bar area and 1 outside near the rear garden. The Hollow Bottom is a bustling, busy country pub and restaurant and therefore noise can be heard in all the bedrooms on occasions despite the heavy acoustic underlay. It is a great place to visit for a unique atmosphere in the most beautiful village in the world. Come and see for yourselves! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Hollow Bottom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hollow Bottom Hotel Guiting Power
- The Hollow Bottom Guiting Power, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom