“Home from home”

Oakfield Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockworth
Oakfield Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Brockworth B&B and Inns
oop north
“Home from home”
Reviewed 13 March 2011

The welcome and hospitality is second to none. Breakfasts are very wholesome - a standard cooked breakfast but with delicious bacon and decent sausage - a welcome step up from the type you might get in a budget chain for example - all perfectly cooked. Along with that are a nice choice of cereals - including a quality mueseli - and tinned citrus. All very nice. The guest house has just 3 guest rooms - two ensuite, (a double and a twin room) and one with a dedicated private bathroom adjacent. The rooms are a decent size, snug and freshly furnished and decorated. All is spotlessly clean. The beds are comfy - though softly sprung if you prefer a firm bed. Though on a main road, the noise late-on is not intrusive, and it makes transport links to the area good. A regular bus service nearby runs to Cheltenham and Gloucester. The 'village' of Brockworth is suburbanised but the out look of the guesthouse is towards the hills, including the famous April cheeserollers/lunatics venue at Cooper's Hill nearby (a public footpath takes you on a nice walk. Also an hours stroll there and back are the remains of a Roman Villa). Also nearby is the Brockworth Trade Estate (not visible from the guesthouse) which makes the guesthouse a popular choice for their visitors. The guesthouse seems to have some regular repeat guests, including those who re-book for the Cheltenham festival in March. An excellent homely choice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ginkoOopNorth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2011

A colleague recommended I stay here and so glad he did Sue and Roger were fabulous hosts and made my stay for the few weeks I was there enjoyable. I only left due to the office relocating and the B&B being the wrong side of Gloucester for where I needed to be

Fab clean and quiet rooms, a great nights sleep had every night. Great breakfast choice and nothing too much trouble for Sue. TV with built in free view and dvd player in the room, along with free WIFI Great value for money

On a couple of warmer nights I sat in the lovely garden with a cold beer and my book and enjoyed the tranquility

Would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast and would stay there again

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I would like to give my personal thanks to Roger and Sue for the excellent level of service I was given during my stay at the Oakfield Guest House. The room was very comfortable, clean and well looked after and Roger and Sue really did make me feel at home. They were not intrusive but more than helpful for me when I asked for something so many thanks for that to you both.

I stayed at Oakfields for a week and thoroughly enjoyed my time there; Sue's breakfasts are first class (I recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs) and having the Toby Carvery across the road meant that I didn't have to go far for my dinner.

There was nothing I disliked about my stay at Oakfileds, the hardest part really was the leaving; I felt like I was leaving home all over again.

Thank you Roger and Sue, God bless you both.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jazz1961
Hampshire, England
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Stayed here for one night in early July. We were given such a warm welcome from Roger & Sue - such a friendly couple - nothing appeared too much trouble. The room was spotless, homely, well fitted out with everything needed and very comfortable. The traditional English breakfast was by far one of the best we have ever eaten. Had a nice leisurely chat with Roger & Sue prior to departure and at no time did we feel rushed to pack up and leave which was very much appreciated.

Would recommend this B&B highly - you will not be disappointed.S

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beekeeper29
Taunton
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Very welcoming. Clean and well decorated. Everything you need for a restfull stay. Super breakfast, highly reconmend for a quick or long break.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
harpenden
Reviewed 17 May 2010

My family and I stayed at Oakfield over the bank holiday weekend and, despite having 2 small children , were made to feel right at home and nothing was too much trouble. The children loved thier room , right next to ours with their own TV and biscuits! My husband and I had the double room which was modern , clean and with lots of attention to detail, even magazines on the bedside table. Breakfast was great. The children were able to choose exactly what they wanted and Rogers waiting skills were second to none. All in all, a fantastic bed and breakfast and highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank janieHarpenden
Derby
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I stayed here for nearly 3 months it was that good. Sue and Roger are very nice people and will try to accommodate any reasonable request. Rooms was comfy and had all the amenities.Just like home!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank DerbyMargaritaman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockworth
The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel
Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
The Greenway Hotel and Spa
The Greenway Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Shurdington
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
#3 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to Oakfield Guest House? Share your experiences!