2,103 results
All reviews q hotels spa break good size evening meal leisure facilities lovely hotel cream tea night break buffet lunch restaurant manager breakaway club bar area steam room reception staff hotel restaurant both nights toby carvery
Reviewed 18 June 2012

For those who often stay in chain hotels the Cheltenham Chase should not disappoint. It is modern, clean, well appointed and the service is generally friendly and helpful. The rooms are really excellent for a hotel of this class. For example there is a sitting area as well as a large bed, excellent cupboard space, fridge, safe, trouser press, hairdryer and iron, etc etc. Bathrooms have a very good separate shower as well as a bath. The cleanliness of the room was excellent. The hotel's spa and gym facility is well laid out and has all the required facilities in a very welcoming arrangement. The restaurant and bar area is attractive with a good range on the menu. In particular breakfast was done very well with all the right kind of choice available. The restaurant seating area opens on to an attractive outside area with tables and chairs so that people can enjoy the good weather (if it ever comes!). The view and setting is lovely. Overall one would have to be rather pedantic to find fault with this hotel. It was good value for money (using one of the many Internet booking sites) and many hotels would aspire to this general standard of facility and service. One further indicator of this is the personal reply to each of these reviews, clearly written with some care and thought about what each reviewer is saying. This is very different from the rather corporate type of cut and paste response which is often seen from larger hotels. I would certainly use this hotel again and indeed I look forward to doing so!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback! I can assure you we do read, review, analyse and feedback to the team all guest comments. It is such an important tool for improving and maintaining our standards that all feedback, positive and negative is gladly received.

I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay at The Chase and hope that you will choose to return very soon.

Thanks again and kind regards

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel for a 2-day romantic getaway on one of their 2-day packages.

The room was clean, the bathroom was modern and also extremely clean. The staff were EXTREMELY friendly, from the front desk to the cleaning staff. We very much enjoyed the use of the spa facilities, again, this area was modern looking and clean with a lovely atmosphere. The restaurant also produces fantastic food - we throughly enjoyed our evening meal. The only one fault was that the lounge/bar service was not always up to scratch, however the quality of everything else far outweighed that one downside.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Brilliant! Thank you so much for taking the time to post such lovely comments regarding your stay. Your comments have been passed on to the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We booked this hotel last minute through spa breaks and although we enjoyed the Cotswold coming back to this hotel was a disappointment. Firstly the welcome was very poor, everything seemed too much trouble for the receptionist and when I asked if we could move our dinner reservation by half an hour she told me to go to the restaurant and see the staff. I immediately went over but there was not one person in the restaurant so once we arrived at our room I phoned the restaurant only to be answered by the same receptionist at which time she said she knew there was space so would change it, why did she not just do that upon us checking in. We booked in part as we thought we could spend all day out and then have a drink in the bar before dinner. The bar is basically an extension of the reception with a strange smell and relaxing it is not as there is a tv which was up full blair both evenings when we came down at about quarter to 8 and still going after our meal. As all rooms have tvs I would have thought it could be switched off in the evening or at the very least turned down. Drinks are very expensive as you would expect for a hotel but not for a hotel of this standard when sitting in a reception area. Unfortunately it is the same for the food which was just normal pub grub, I had a sirloin steak at £23.00 which was very fatty and not pleasant, and my other half's elch rarebit starter was the size of two 50 pence pieces for £7.00!! The point of complaining seemed mute as has already been mentioned most of the staff look like school leavers. The rooms are big but as this was booked through spa break I would at least expect a robe but nothing at all and just three sachets of coffee seems mean. Overall I would compare this to a premier inn but obviously far more expensive so I would suggest you use the premier inn!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We have been in separate communication, but I would like to reiterate my apologies for any shortfall in service standards. We have discussed your comments as a team here and will take any action necessary.
Thank you once again for bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Third Q hotel stay in under a year. Must be something to do with the great deals they are giving us all!
Decided on the Cheltenham Chase as it was not too far from home and would offer us a nice break after our youngest daughters wedding event"in a tent" over the weekend.
Great friendly welcome on check in,helpful and pleasant staff throughout the stay.
The room as usual of high Q standard with everything you could ask for.
The hotel was not too full so there were no noise issues to bother anyone,so we got what we wanted a nice peaceful slice of r and r.
The breakfast buffet was brilliant! The choice is really varied and of good quality,staff always on hand to clear quickly and assist in choices.
So all in all another great Q stay.
Now where can we go next...

Room Tip: Our was on the ground floor so no issues with lifts or stairs etc.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback and I hope that your daughter's wedding event 'in a tent' went well - we have had rather a lot of rain here recently so I hope it didn't affect the event too much.
I was so pleased to read your comments regarding your stay and I hope that as well as trying some more QHotels you will choose to return to The Chase. We have 21 hotels in the group in total so it may take you some time to visit them all!
Thanks once again and kind regards

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a warm welcome at reception and were given a room that fully met our 4* expectations. The evening meal in the restaurant was excellent with good service. Spa/gym facilities were very good. The great location of this hotel was excellent for touring in the Cotswolds. Our only negative is the confusing evening meal package, ie. pay £21 per person on your bill which then gives you a £26 per person meal allowance?!! confusing for the customer when we were given the bill, also confusing for the staff at reception. Everybody has a different interpretation of this so called promotion, it's a marketing disaster. We will be taking this matter up with management.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your comments. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable weekend at the Hotel.
I am sorry that you were confused by the dinner allowance. With all dinner inclusive rates the allowance for dinner is currently £26 per person however, perhaps we should be making this clearer at the time the reservation is made - thank you for bringing this to my attention.