2,069 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakgood sizeevening mealleisure facilitieslovely hotelcream teanight breakbuffet lunchrestaurant managerbreakaway clubbar areasteam roomreception staffhotel restauranttoby carveryboth nights
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was our third stay here, we were going to a wedding nearby, so booked a two night stay so we could visit friends in the area the next day. On our second day,we decided to try the restaurant again, having not been too impressed on our first visit in November. Our starters were ok, caesar salad & soup, the main course took some time to arrive, I asked the waitress about the size of the veg portions, & she said one portion would be adequate for two,( obviously two people who are not very hungry), I had salmon & my husband had Gloucester old spot sausage, both were ok, but again the portions were a bit on the small size, both came with a small portion of potato, but any other veg has to be ordered separately. When our order was taken we had to ask for a drinks menu, as this was not offered on arrival with the food menu, & when we had ordered our drinks we were eating our main course by the time the drinks arrived.
Considering the fact that the restaurant was very quiet, with not many tables taken the service was very poor.
We would definately stay here again, as we cannot fault the hotel overall. But I doubt we will eat in the restaurant again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments regarding your stay at The Chase.

We have recently implemented a new menu so we really do appreciate feedback from our Guests and we will certainly take into account your comments regarding portion size. I am sorry that the standard of service was not up to your expectations and I can assure you that I have highlighted your concerns with the Restaurant team.

It is great to hear that you would consider returning and indeed have stayed many times before, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel in April 2012 on business, and couldnt fault the hotel at all. I was never up in time for breakfast and staff encouraged me to at least take a croissant to keep me going, and also made me take out coffees! The food was very nice. The gym is small but adequate. All in all it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Fabulous feedback, thank you! It is so great to hear from one of our business guests; Thanks for taking the time out of your no doubt busy schedule to post your feedback, it is much appreciated.

I'm glad the team are encouraging our guests to look after themselves! I have passed your comments on to the Breakfast team who will be pleased to hear their efforts are appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back soon, perhaps for a leisure weekend to see the lovely Cotswolds?!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Hotel busy but no problems with noise. Can't fault the service, all the staff we interacted with were great (only minor issue was a bit of a queue to check out). We had a standard room - plenty of space, very large comfortable bed, nice bathroom (with bath and separate shower), very clean, no problems with air conditioning. Good blackout curtains, much appreciated at this time of year when getting to bed two hours before sunrise! Pool, sauna, steam and spa really nice - only criticism would be that a divider in the pool would be good to allow people wanting to swim lengths for exercise to be separated from parents with young kids splashing about for fun. We didn't use the restaurant other than for breakfast, but that was good - fairly extensive buffet with all the usual options. Breakfast served until a civilised time on a Sunday morning too - 11am - other hotels please take note! Afternoon tea in the bar was disappointing though - at £14.50 for two people I'd really expect "proper" tea, not tea bags in possibly the most useless dribbly teapots ever, and the cake and scones weren't great, though we did enjoy the dainty sandwiches. I wouldn't hesitate to book into this hotel again if I was going back to that part of the country.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook the car park at the front of the hotel, odd numbered rooms have a view of the countryside behind the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments regarding your stay on Trip Advisor.

It's brilliant to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and your comments have been forwarded to the team here.

I am sorry that your afternoon tea did not meet with your expectations and we will take into account your feedback.

Thanks once again, it's great to hear that you wouldn't hesitate to book again and we therefore look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel in May to celebrate my husband’s birthday. The rate we booked included dinner which turned out to be a positive as the only other restaurant close by was a carvery type venue.

Despite its name ‘Cheltenham’ Chase it is actually closer to Gloucester and the M5 than Cheltenham.

Check in was smooth and the receptionist pleasant. .

Our room was large, attractively decorated and very clean. Along with the usual hostess tray and trouser press there was an iron and ironing board. The room also had two easy chairs and a table. It is surprising how many hotels sell double bedrooms with only one easy chair, where does the other person sit?

The bathroom was modern with the usual complimentary products, shower over a bath and importantly, spotlessly clean.

Our dinner was booked for 7 p.m. The restaurant is large and overlooks a pleasant garden. Two coach parties had arrived but their numbers did not affect our service. We had an allowance of £26 each to cover our evening meal. We did not select a starter and chose salmon wrapped in paper as a main course. It was the smallest piece of salmon I have been served in a restaurant. I think the salt cellar had fallen into my crushed new potatoes as they were too salty to be edible. What there was of the salmon was tasty and beautifully cooked. We chose vegetables (at an extra cost) to compliment our main course, again the offering was on the small side. Still being hungry we ended our meal with ice cream which to be honest was creamy and bland. Despite only having two courses each and the cheapest sweet on the menu we had exceeded our dinner allowance.

Breakfast the following morning was buffet style. We did not eat the cooked selection but had fruit, yogurt and toast which was acceptable.

It is a pleasant hotel, although rather expensive on drinks and food. The bar is in the open foyer area tucked behind the lifts, the lounge is also in this area and merges with reception. Personally I feel if this area could be screened, making it more private might encourage people to use the bar and lounge area more frequently.

A pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm pleased that overall you had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding your dinner experience and I am sorry if you were disappointed in any way. We review our menus regularly and therefore really do appreciate such constructive feedback.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight while visiting Cheltenham. Our room was very clean, quite spacious and we liked the good sized bathroom with full bath. The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was decent, we enjoyed the view from the dining room and we had a peaceful night's sleep even though it was Saturday night and the hotel seemed quite full. It is a chain hotel but I would recommend it for a quiet place to stay if you are in this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Great! I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was so peaceful and enjoyable. Thanks for your feedback and I hope you'll return again soon!