2,075 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakgood sizeevening mealleisure facilitieslovely hotelcream teanight breakbuffet lunchrestaurant managerbreakaway clubbar areasteam roomreception staffhotel restaurantboth nightstoby carvery
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel on 22nd June for 3 nights. My partner was doing a 100 mile marathon through the Cotswolds and we chose this hotel for its spa as we knew he would want to use it once the race was over!

Positive points:
Reception staff were really helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms are very large and spacious, lovely big comfortable bed and plenty of drawer and wardrobe space.
The whole hotel was very clean; I was particularly impressed with our immaculate bathroom.
Buffet breakfast was included in the room price and we were really impressed with it, large variety and all very fresh and well presented.
We ordered room service one night and the food was lovely and fresh. I’ve come to expect microwave standard meals from room service so I was pleasantly surprised by this.

Negative points:
Bar staff were very slow! Painfully slow! So be prepared for a long wait at the bar!
I was hoping to relax around the pool with my book but there are only 4 loungers available all of which were taken for the whole afternoon. This hotel offers spa days so we found the pool etc very busy and overcrowded. As a result we only spent about an hour down there when we had planned on spending the whole afternoon down there.
One of my other negatives is also to do with the spa. When we got down to the pool everyone had on cosy looking bath robes. When I asked a member of staff where we get the bathrobes from she told me that unless we had booked a spa day or treatments we weren’t allowed a robe! I am sure we spent more to stay there for three nights than others spent on treatments so I found this a little off.
Because my partner was recovering from his run we spent quite a bit of time in the room and planned to watch a few films. They were only £2 each which I thought was a pretty good price but when we went to choose a film we discovered that you can only watch each film at particular times of day. I feel that if they are charging you to watch films you should be able to watch them when you want rather than having to wait for a preview time which all seemed to be few and far apart.

Tips:
If you plan on having treatments during your stay then book them before you arrive. All slots were fully booked when we arrived.
Bring a hairdryer, the one provided in the room is poor!
If you plan to eat in the hotel restaurant then book this too as it seemed to get busy in the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and please pass on my congratulations to your partner - 100miles! that's impressive!

Your feedback has been really useful in the detail and breakdown of each aspect of your stay. Thank you for taking the time to be so constructive with you comments.

I am sorry that you found any negative points to comment on but please rest assured that where possible we have taken the necessary action to ensure our standards are maintained for the future. Our bathrobes are available for hire for a small charge from Leisure for the duration of your stay if they are not included in your package/rate but I am sorry if this was not explained to you at the time.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was our third stay here, we were going to a wedding nearby, so booked a two night stay so we could visit friends in the area the next day. On our second day,we decided to try the restaurant again, having not been too impressed on our first visit in November. Our starters were ok, caesar salad & soup, the main course took some time to arrive, I asked the waitress about the size of the veg portions, & she said one portion would be adequate for two,( obviously two people who are not very hungry), I had salmon & my husband had Gloucester old spot sausage, both were ok, but again the portions were a bit on the small size, both came with a small portion of potato, but any other veg has to be ordered separately. When our order was taken we had to ask for a drinks menu, as this was not offered on arrival with the food menu, & when we had ordered our drinks we were eating our main course by the time the drinks arrived.
Considering the fact that the restaurant was very quiet, with not many tables taken the service was very poor.
We would definately stay here again, as we cannot fault the hotel overall. But I doubt we will eat in the restaurant again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments regarding your stay at The Chase.

We have recently implemented a new menu so we really do appreciate feedback from our Guests and we will certainly take into account your comments regarding portion size. I am sorry that the standard of service was not up to your expectations and I can assure you that I have highlighted your concerns with the Restaurant team.

It is great to hear that you would consider returning and indeed have stayed many times before, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel in April 2012 on business, and couldnt fault the hotel at all. I was never up in time for breakfast and staff encouraged me to at least take a croissant to keep me going, and also made me take out coffees! The food was very nice. The gym is small but adequate. All in all it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Fabulous feedback, thank you! It is so great to hear from one of our business guests; Thanks for taking the time out of your no doubt busy schedule to post your feedback, it is much appreciated.

I'm glad the team are encouraging our guests to look after themselves! I have passed your comments on to the Breakfast team who will be pleased to hear their efforts are appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back soon, perhaps for a leisure weekend to see the lovely Cotswolds?!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Hotel busy but no problems with noise. Can't fault the service, all the staff we interacted with were great (only minor issue was a bit of a queue to check out). We had a standard room - plenty of space, very large comfortable bed, nice bathroom (with bath and separate shower), very clean, no problems with air conditioning. Good blackout curtains, much appreciated at this time of year when getting to bed two hours before sunrise! Pool, sauna, steam and spa really nice - only criticism would be that a divider in the pool would be good to allow people wanting to swim lengths for exercise to be separated from parents with young kids splashing about for fun. We didn't use the restaurant other than for breakfast, but that was good - fairly extensive buffet with all the usual options. Breakfast served until a civilised time on a Sunday morning too - 11am - other hotels please take note! Afternoon tea in the bar was disappointing though - at £14.50 for two people I'd really expect "proper" tea, not tea bags in possibly the most useless dribbly teapots ever, and the cake and scones weren't great, though we did enjoy the dainty sandwiches. I wouldn't hesitate to book into this hotel again if I was going back to that part of the country.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook the car park at the front of the hotel, odd numbered rooms have a view of the countryside behind the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments regarding your stay on Trip Advisor.

It's brilliant to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and your comments have been forwarded to the team here.

I am sorry that your afternoon tea did not meet with your expectations and we will take into account your feedback.

Thanks once again, it's great to hear that you wouldn't hesitate to book again and we therefore look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel in May to celebrate my husband’s birthday. The rate we booked included dinner which turned out to be a positive as the only other restaurant close by was a carvery type venue.

Despite its name ‘Cheltenham’ Chase it is actually closer to Gloucester and the M5 than Cheltenham.

Check in was smooth and the receptionist pleasant. .

Our room was large, attractively decorated and very clean. Along with the usual hostess tray and trouser press there was an iron and ironing board. The room also had two easy chairs and a table. It is surprising how many hotels sell double bedrooms with only one easy chair, where does the other person sit?

The bathroom was modern with the usual complimentary products, shower over a bath and importantly, spotlessly clean.

Our dinner was booked for 7 p.m. The restaurant is large and overlooks a pleasant garden. Two coach parties had arrived but their numbers did not affect our service. We had an allowance of £26 each to cover our evening meal. We did not select a starter and chose salmon wrapped in paper as a main course. It was the smallest piece of salmon I have been served in a restaurant. I think the salt cellar had fallen into my crushed new potatoes as they were too salty to be edible. What there was of the salmon was tasty and beautifully cooked. We chose vegetables (at an extra cost) to compliment our main course, again the offering was on the small side. Still being hungry we ended our meal with ice cream which to be honest was creamy and bland. Despite only having two courses each and the cheapest sweet on the menu we had exceeded our dinner allowance.

Breakfast the following morning was buffet style. We did not eat the cooked selection but had fruit, yogurt and toast which was acceptable.

It is a pleasant hotel, although rather expensive on drinks and food. The bar is in the open foyer area tucked behind the lifts, the lounge is also in this area and merges with reception. Personally I feel if this area could be screened, making it more private might encourage people to use the bar and lounge area more frequently.

A pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm pleased that overall you had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding your dinner experience and I am sorry if you were disappointed in any way. We review our menus regularly and therefore really do appreciate such constructive feedback.