2,075 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakgood sizeevening mealleisure facilitieslovely hotelcream teanight breakbuffet lunchrestaurant managerbreakaway clubbar areasteam roomreception staffhotel restaurantboth nightstoby carvery
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great overall experiance would recamend good service and lovely breakfast
clean room ( Great place to recharge your batteries )
Mr & Mrs Cartwright ( Pillerton Priors Warwick )

Room Tip: Lovley bright rooms with air conditioning and you should Try the Breakfast and Spa :-)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr & Mrs Cartwright

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments regarding your stay at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose to return soon to further recharge your batteries!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Third time of staying with Q Hotels & by far their best.

Excellent facilities & restaurant food better that you'd expect at a hotel.

Service not as attentive as it could be, perhaps under staffed at reception.

Overall very good & would stay again!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that you are a regular guest of QHotels and indeed that you would rate your experience at The Chase as the best so far!

I am also so pleased to read your feedback regarding our Restaurant Food. We do have a new menu in place and have been working very hard on this area following some negative feedback recently and it is therefore great to hear that we are getting it right.

I am sorry that the service you experienced did not seem to meet fully with your expectations. I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our normal standards.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

A pleasent hotel with friendly staff. Room was spacious and clean. Will stay here again when in Cheltenham. Resturant was the achilies heal.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard O
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on The Cheltenham Chase.

I am pleased to hear that you will be returning to The Chase for your next visit to Cheltenham. We do have a new menu in operation now, and we are constantly analysing and acting on our guest feedback in this area. I am therefore sure that you will find the restaurant to the standard you would expect for your future stays.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel on 22nd June for 3 nights. My partner was doing a 100 mile marathon through the Cotswolds and we chose this hotel for its spa as we knew he would want to use it once the race was over!

Positive points:
Reception staff were really helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms are very large and spacious, lovely big comfortable bed and plenty of drawer and wardrobe space.
The whole hotel was very clean; I was particularly impressed with our immaculate bathroom.
Buffet breakfast was included in the room price and we were really impressed with it, large variety and all very fresh and well presented.
We ordered room service one night and the food was lovely and fresh. I’ve come to expect microwave standard meals from room service so I was pleasantly surprised by this.

Negative points:
Bar staff were very slow! Painfully slow! So be prepared for a long wait at the bar!
I was hoping to relax around the pool with my book but there are only 4 loungers available all of which were taken for the whole afternoon. This hotel offers spa days so we found the pool etc very busy and overcrowded. As a result we only spent about an hour down there when we had planned on spending the whole afternoon down there.
One of my other negatives is also to do with the spa. When we got down to the pool everyone had on cosy looking bath robes. When I asked a member of staff where we get the bathrobes from she told me that unless we had booked a spa day or treatments we weren’t allowed a robe! I am sure we spent more to stay there for three nights than others spent on treatments so I found this a little off.
Because my partner was recovering from his run we spent quite a bit of time in the room and planned to watch a few films. They were only £2 each which I thought was a pretty good price but when we went to choose a film we discovered that you can only watch each film at particular times of day. I feel that if they are charging you to watch films you should be able to watch them when you want rather than having to wait for a preview time which all seemed to be few and far apart.

Tips:
If you plan on having treatments during your stay then book them before you arrive. All slots were fully booked when we arrived.
Bring a hairdryer, the one provided in the room is poor!
If you plan to eat in the hotel restaurant then book this too as it seemed to get busy in the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and please pass on my congratulations to your partner - 100miles! that's impressive!

Your feedback has been really useful in the detail and breakdown of each aspect of your stay. Thank you for taking the time to be so constructive with you comments.

I am sorry that you found any negative points to comment on but please rest assured that where possible we have taken the necessary action to ensure our standards are maintained for the future. Our bathrobes are available for hire for a small charge from Leisure for the duration of your stay if they are not included in your package/rate but I am sorry if this was not explained to you at the time.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was our third stay here, we were going to a wedding nearby, so booked a two night stay so we could visit friends in the area the next day. On our second day,we decided to try the restaurant again, having not been too impressed on our first visit in November. Our starters were ok, caesar salad & soup, the main course took some time to arrive, I asked the waitress about the size of the veg portions, & she said one portion would be adequate for two,( obviously two people who are not very hungry), I had salmon & my husband had Gloucester old spot sausage, both were ok, but again the portions were a bit on the small size, both came with a small portion of potato, but any other veg has to be ordered separately. When our order was taken we had to ask for a drinks menu, as this was not offered on arrival with the food menu, & when we had ordered our drinks we were eating our main course by the time the drinks arrived.
Considering the fact that the restaurant was very quiet, with not many tables taken the service was very poor.
We would definately stay here again, as we cannot fault the hotel overall. But I doubt we will eat in the restaurant again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments regarding your stay at The Chase.

We have recently implemented a new menu so we really do appreciate feedback from our Guests and we will certainly take into account your comments regarding portion size. I am sorry that the standard of service was not up to your expectations and I can assure you that I have highlighted your concerns with the Restaurant team.

It is great to hear that you would consider returning and indeed have stayed many times before, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.