2,109 results
All reviews q hotels spa break good size evening meal leisure facilities lovely hotel cream tea night break buffet lunch restaurant manager breakaway club bar area steam room reception staff hotel restaurant both nights toby carvery
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We were on a 2 day coach holiday to The Cotswolds. Having stayed in Q hotels before we knew the hotel would be good. It lived up to expectations and gave us a very comfortable overnight stay. Being in a large group and seeing another coach party arrive at the same time as ours we knew the service in the restaurant would be limited. However, the food was nice and the few niggles were just down to lack of staff to cater for the number of guests. We would certainly stay here again on another trip to this area.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be the same, so any one would be good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Cheltenham Chase. I'm so pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us and hope that you might choose to return perhaps as an independent leisure guest soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and i stayed at this hotel from 6th - 8th July 2012. The hotel facilites were very good the rooms were very comfortable and a good size. I used the pool facilites on both days and enjoyed all their facilites.
We booked a table in the restaurant on the 6th July for 8pm sadly this did not live up to the rest of the services we received in the hotel and spa.
We received the starters of soup after 15 minutes, but sadly no one came to speak to us nor did our main course arrive. At 9.05 i asked what had happened to our meal we were told the meal would be a couple of minutes, sadly by 9.15 we left the restaurant having travelled all day and still waiting for our evening meal 1 hour and 15minutes later. The waiter service was also very poor no one came to see if we needed more drinks or try and apologies for the delay. The restaurant was not overly full. On leaving the hotel that evening i informed the reception we had left without our evening meal and was going elsewhere to find some food. The receptionist asked what our room number was. At no time in the following 2 days did any member of the hotel staff try and communicate with us or apologies for the appalling service. I was very dissappointed in what i was hoping was going to be a very enjoyable experiance and we would have certainly eaten there on the Saturday night if Fridays had been of a quality service. I was concerend that the breakfast was going to be as disorganised but i am glad to say this was not the case the food was good and plentiful. The organisation and the delivery of the restaurant needs a complete review as this provides a poor review of what is other wise a lovely hotel.

1  Thank Jackie1410
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that your visit to our restaurant did not meet with your expectations and hope that you will accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment caused.
I can assure you that we really do value our customer feedback, good and bad, and your comments will be used to re-train our team as necessary. It is also disappointing to learn that we were unable to follow up your comments during your stay. I can assure you that this is certainly not a true reflection of our normal standards and we will address this immediately.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Recently decided to eat at the Hotel restaurant after visiting before and having a very nice experience.

Unfortunately this was not repeated.

Couple of bad things.

On arrival we sat in the bar, I went to the bar to order drinks fully anticipating what the price would be so that was no shock. What took me by surprise was the unfriendly service that went with the price tag. Not a smile in sight and when I asked for a dinner menu to look at it all I got was "we don't have one to hand......" No offer to get one for us and it was actually another customer who went back to his own table and got us one.

When we went in for dinner the young lady serving us seem uninterested and lacked the 4 star service you expect. Over all she wasn't that bad it was just a combination of little things.

It was not all bad though!

Some good things.

The menu was interesting with a good selection without been overwhelming with choice. The food was ok, but the pri pri chicken could have done with a bit more ummffff.

Desserts were nice but not great value in terms of portion size for £5.50.

Although we did not receive great service it was clear that the table next to us been served by a different waitress were having a very different experience.

Over all it was not the best evening meal out but I would try again based on our previous visit towards the end of 2011 when everything was superb.

2  Thank Alastair P
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you would consider returning despite the issues you experienced at Dinner.
I can assure you that this is certainly not a true reflection of our normal standards of service. Your comments have been discussed with the team here in order to make the necessary improvements and I hope that you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I trust that all other aspects of your stay with us was enjoyable and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Good quality business hotel - slightly larger rooms than normal, well equipped and good location. Restaurant not up to same standard but other options in the area. Good business facilities and spa useful to relieve stress. Professional staff and would certainly use again for business meetings and visits in the area but not for personal visits

Room Tip: No preferences - all I have been allocated have been similar
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pb56422
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel. We tend to receive the majority of our feedback from our leisure guests rather than our Business Guests so it is great to hear your opinion of the Hotel.

It's good to hear that you found the Hotel met your needs as a business guest. I can assure you that we do constantly analyse and act upon our guest feedback and as a result of recent feedback regarding the restaurant we have been focussing fully on this area. I am sure that when you return you will find it to your expectations, but my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Jennifer Sibbald-Wall

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great overall experiance would recamend good service and lovely breakfast
clean room ( Great place to recharge your batteries )
Mr & Mrs Cartwright ( Pillerton Priors Warwick )

Room Tip: Lovley bright rooms with air conditioning and you should Try the Breakfast and Spa :-)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Mr & Mrs Cartwright

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments regarding your stay at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose to return soon to further recharge your batteries!

Jennifer Sibbald-Wall