“Lovely night away!”

The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brockworth
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Thoughrouly enjoyed our stay last night. Were made to feel welcome by staff all of whom were very friendy welcoming. The room was lovely and was clean and tidy. There are great facilities, and the food was to an excellent standard. Overall a great experience and would definately visit again!!

General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear nikki21493
Brilliant to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that eery aspect exceeded your expectations. Thanks for taking the time to post your comments.
We hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I visited this hotel back in November with a friend for a start to a girly trip. We stayed one night and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Check in was easy with very friendly and polite staff.

We settled into our room which was very spacious and comfortable and we were very impressed with the FREE WiFi access. We were able to connect multiple devices (phones, iPad, laptop etc.) without the need to log off one in order to connect the other. I thought this was especially good as I have not known other hotels to do this.

At dinner we were greeted by a member of staff who showed us to our table and took our drinks order. We were given a menu to peruse which was extensive in variety. I had the burger which is perfect if you love comfort food.

We were able to look around the facilities that were in the hotel but unfortunately we did not have time to go swimming or use the spa. However, it all looked lovely and WHEN I go back I will most certainly be factoring in the time to use the spa.

After a comfortable nights sleep, the breakfast was excellent. The variety is everything you would expect from a four star hotel AND MORE! It was being replenished regularly and was all very fresh and plentiful.

Overall, this hotel most certainly delivered on excellent quality and service. It was very clean, the food was fantastic, the staff were very polite and friendly, the facilities were well kept, beds were comfortable, WiFi was fantastic and the bathroom was very clean with a lovely shower.

The only thing I would change is the fact we didn't get to stay any longer than one night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lucy B
..........You must stay for longer next time!
Thank you so much for such a great review. Your comments have been passed on to the team here and maybe next time you could take advantage of one of our fabulous Spa Breaks (details on our website).
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I have just visited this nice hotel for a Spa day.
It was brilliant value for money .
I had an ESPA facial which lasted an hour and was very relaxing.
Lunch was super with a variety of sweet and savoury items served on a wooden board.
Nice glass of bubbly finished it off well.
One warning would be that the morning was very busy in the pool with true swimmers.
Good job cheltenham chase.

Stayed: February 2014
General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Chloe B
Thanks for your review and I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy such a relaxing Spa experience with us and it's great to read that you felt it was such good value for money.
Hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed 4 days for our wedding anniversary recently. Made to feel welcome. Lovely room, well appointed and clean. Only problem was a weak wireless signal. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was good quality and the restaurant staff efficient. Good position near M5. Will definately stay again. Haven't rated the spa as we didn't get to use it, but having it there was an attraction to us.

Room Tip: If good wireless signal is important to you it might be worth checking it when you get to your room...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear YellowMeteor
Happy Anniversary! and thanks for such a lovely review. I'm pleased we were able to make you feel welcome for such a special occasion and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had the pleasure of being taken to the Cheltenham Chase Hotel this weekend for a few days away in the Cotswolds. Having stayed there previously for work it was lovely to be able to go back and experience the hotel for pleasure.

We had a five star treatment from start to finish. We were greeted with big smiles on check in, and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The facilities were clean and modern, and well kept during the time we were there.

The staff in the bar in the evenings were fantastic and attentive. I would highly compliment both of the chaps who served me countless times on both Friday and Saturday evening.

The food was good, we ate breakfast both days and an evening meal in the bar area, not only was the food well cooked and prepared it was also good value compared to other places in the locale.

All in all I would highly reccomend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are better.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Templarx
Thank you very much for posting such a complimentary review of your stays at The Chase. It's good to hear that you found us versatile in that you enjoyed both your business and leisure stay with us.
I hope that you managed to get out and about to see more of the lovely Cotswolds despite the weather - I know there were a few sunny spells in between the torrential rain so i hope that you managed to take advantage of this.
Thank you also for your complimentary comments regarding the team here. All of which have been passed on.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I came here for a spa afternoon on a special offer with a friend. On arriving we decided to go the the gym where we spent a 1 1/2 hours. The gym is very small and whilst we were there there were only a couple of other people using it. The gym equipment was very easy to use. After we had been in the gym we decided to go to the pool complex where there was also a steam room and sauna and also a small Jacuzzi We decided to use the Jacuzzi first.. This was really warm but it was also enjoyable. Being a Sunday we found that there were many families with their children so at times it was a bit noisy and made the pool very crowded. Luckily the pool is quite large . There is one section of the pool separated from the rest for the the serious swimmers. Our spa package included a hot drink and pastry so we decided to have this at the end of the day. I will be returning here next month and hope to have another delightful experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear babst1
Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your Spa Day at The Cheltenham Chase, and I hope that you also enjoyed your treatments.
We look forward to welcoming you back next month for what I am sure will be another relaxing and enjoyable Spa Day.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Cheltenham Chase hotel on 1/2/14 for 1 night with a friend. We paid £129 each for dinner, bed and breakfast, use of spa facilities, spa lunch and 2 x 25 min treatments each - which I thought was extremely good value.
The hotel is conveniently located just off junction 11A of the M5.

Everything about our stay was hassle free - we arrived early on the Sat (before check-in) as we each had one of our treatments booked in at 11am and luckily there was a room ready for us. The room was lovely and modern and clean, there were tea and coffee making facilities, an iron, hair dryer and a lovely modern bathroom (with a bath) and lots of toiletries.

We then went to the spa to have our treatments - both of us decided on a back, neck and shoulder massage. To our surprise we were in a dual treatment room -we would have preferred separate treatment rooms but they couldn't accommodate this. My massage was lovely however my friend felt she'd had better massages at other spas, her therapist didn't check whether the pressure was enough, she didn't ask what areas to concentrate on etc.

We then went to the pool area where there is a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Although the area was nice, there was a lack of loungers by the pool (think a total of 4 half loungers and 8 upright chairs, which aren't particularly relaxing!) they really could do with more loungers as I love to sit by the pool reading a magazine, chatting or having a nap :) there is a room to go and sit in but when with a friend who you don't see very often, you want to be able to chat and you wouldn't be able to do this in that room! So we ended up going to our hotel room instead.

The spa lunch was very good - buffet style with hot and cold options, lots of salads and veggie options too. The pudding selection was great!

We had our 2nd spa treatments later on that day, and again in a dual treatment room! Again, we would have preferred this in separate rooms particularly as my friend had a pedicure and I had a foot detox which was a much more relaxing than her treatment. I had to have a mask over my eyes as they needed the lights on for my friends treatment and I found myself a little distracted by my friends therapist asking if the colour of her nail polish was ok etc etc!!

Dinner was great - we had an allowance of £26 each which was more than enough. There were lots of vegetarian options and the food was of a good standard. We also went to the bar for a drink beforehand.

Breakfast was buffet style and had lots of options, including croissants, toast, cereals, fruit, yoghurt and full English.

We checked out at 11am which again was hassle free.

Overall we had a fab break and left feeling fully relaxed! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the hotel is very modern and clean.

For me there are a few things with the spa that could be improved but these are minor - and wouldn't stop me returning here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear TeamLashes
Thanks for taking the time to give such detailed feedback on your Spa Break with us. It does sound like you really enjoyed your stay, but I have taken on board the few issues you mention and will take action where appropriate. We do not normally book guests into our Duo room for treatments without checking they are OK with this first, so I am sorry that you were not asked your preference in this instance. I will be following this up.
I am pleased to hear that you would consider returning and hope that we might be able to welcome you back very soon.
Keith Turnbull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockworth
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
The Greenway Hotel and Spa
The Greenway Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Shurdington
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
De Vere Tortworth Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth
Ellenborough Park
Ellenborough Park
#4 of 23 in Cheltenham

Been to The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!