I attended a weekend at the Cheltenham Chase in January, the weekend was a group affair for a charity weekend.
The reception at the hotel was warm and professional.
The Room was very spacious, clean and very comfortable and there was free wifi
The food on the Friday night was a buffet and as a vegetarian the options were limited and not very warm.
The drinks at the bar are very expensive, and I have been to a lot of these occasions with my friends and we have had some good weekends. This weekend turned out to be one of the driest because of the pricing of the drinks.
On the Saturday gala night, I had arranged for a vegetarian meal and was told that they had run out of the vegetarian options, and when they did manage to arrange something for me it arrived so late and the other guests had long finished theirs. The main course was also not of a very high standard either. On the the whole the food was a big let down for me as a vegetarian which suprised me for the class of the hotel.
Breakfasts, there was a lot to chose from but the quality again was a let down and wasn't overly warm. As for the toaster they have one of those machines and wasn't very effective, ended up just having bread and butter.
On the whole most of the staff were very polite and helpful, the rooms very clean and comfortable. The bar prices and food were a big let down and I would rather go to a 3 star hotel where we had reasonable bar prices and excellent food.
Would I go again, probably not....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel is situated conveniently close to both Cheltenham & Gloucester and just minutes away from junction 11a of the M5. The Hotel boasts 122 contemporary, air conditioned bedrooms, all with flat screen TVs, tea & coffee making facilities and fridges. Hardy's Restaurant offers fantastic food in a light contemporary atmosphere overlooking the Cotswold Hills, whilst Hunters Bar and Lounge provides a relaxed area in which to enjoy a great range of food and drink. There is an extensive leisure club with great facilities including a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym and weights area and a Spa offering a full range of treatments. Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - a q Brockworth
- Cheltenham Chase Hotel
- Cheltenham Chase Brockworth
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel Brockworth, Gloucestershire