I stayed two nights on a spa break package with my husband and our friends - another couple. We arrived at the hotel at around midday and was hopeing to drop our luggage off while we explored Cheltenham. We were delighted to be informed by a very pleasant and professional looking lady on reception that our rooms were ready. We headed to our rooms and were very happy to find that they were spacious, clean, modern and well equipped. We then headed to the spa to confirm our treatment times for the next day and headed into Cheltenham town centre, which is a lovely place to shop.
Our spa package included bed, breakfast, lunch on one day and evening meal both nights. We eat in the restaurant on the first night. The menu was a bit limited but we ordered 3 courses each. The mushroom soup was Luke warm and was supposed to be served with a crusty roll but it did not arrive until about 10 mins after receiving the soup, the main courses were ok but risotto was awful, the desserts were lovely. Service was slow but just about acceptable.
No complaints about breakfast, plenty of choice and tasty. Lunch was good too. We enjoyed the day in the spa, the staff were very friendly and the wet facilities were very good. Our treatments were wonderful but there is one thing that needs addressing - the relax lounge. It is a very small room with four loungers and two chairs. Apart from four loungers in the pool area this is the only area in which you can relax, which is totally inadequate for the amount of people who want to use it.
We booked a table for 7.30pm for our evening meal and arrived at the restaurant a little ahead of that time and was shown straight to our table. We placed our order and waited one and a quarter hours for our starter to arrive. We complained to our waitress who apologised and said that there was a large function at the hotel which was causing a delay in the kitchen, we expressed our dissatisfaction and was told that our complaint would be passed on to the manager. We waited around 45 mins for our main course to arrive and the burgers were burnt and hard. Another complaint which was also being reported to the manager. From The time we sat down to the time we received our desserts (which were lovely) two and three quarter hours had passed, two complaints which were supposedly sent to the restaurant manager but no visit from the manager at all. There is obviously a managment problem in the restaurant.
It's a real shame about the restaurant because otherwise we all had a lovely weekend, but if I was to return I would not buy a package which included an evening meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel is situated conveniently close to both Cheltenham & Gloucester and just minutes away from junction 11a of the M5. The Hotel boasts 122 contemporary, air conditioned bedrooms, all with flat screen TVs, tea & coffee making facilities and fridges. Hardy's Restaurant offers fantastic food in a light contemporary atmosphere overlooking the Cotswold Hills, whilst Hunters Bar and Lounge provides a relaxed area in which to enjoy a great range of food and drink. There is an extensive leisure club with great facilities including a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym and weights area and a Spa offering a full range of treatments. Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - a q Brockworth
- Cheltenham Chase Hotel
- Cheltenham Chase Brockworth
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel Brockworth, Gloucestershire