“nice weekend break”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brockworth
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“nice weekend break”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

stay at q hotels quite a lot and this is the first one that we have had a couple of small issues with,room was a good size and airy,it was a warm day(and night)but window opened wide to let air in,room and bathroom were nice and clean but in the fridge was a quiche with mold growing on it,so had been there a while,also no bottled water in room which was disappointing,main problem for me was that the bed was two beds joined together which left a large uncomfy ridge in the middle so had a poor nights sleep,infact sat in chair looking out at the sunrise spent about 2 hours in bed in total.
really nice staff in bar and prices were quite fair,food at dinner was very nice and really enjoyed it,food at breakfast was also very nice,in fact the sausage was the best we have had in a hotel for a while.
all in all a bit of a mixed bag,but we would return again.

Room Tip: ask if the bed is two joined together.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
KTurnbull, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Spireboy69
Thank you for your kind comments on dinner, breakfast and our team here at "The Chase". They will be delighted. I note that you refer to opening the window given the warm weekend, however please be aware that all of our bedrooms are individually air conditioned which would cool the room much more effectively. Please rest assured that the quiche incident will be dealt with appropriately as is unacceptable as is the mattress topper for your king size " zip and link" bed.
yours sincerely
Keith Turnbull,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just had a two night stay at the Cheltenham Chase Hotel where we found the staff to be friendly and very efficient.The hotel is located between Cheltenham and Gloucester and positioned on the number 10 bus route which means you can leave your car in the car park and use public transport to visit either town/city.The bus stops outside the hotel and operates every 10 minutes.
The Cheltenham Chase is clean and matches up to its rating .The cost of food and drink is what you would expect to pay in such a rated hotel and all in all is quite reasonable.The hotel restaurant serves good quality food from a menu that provides a wide selection of dishes.
Having stayed in numerous hotels in the UK and abroad I must make the point by saying I cannot remember when I have not been disturbed at some time during the night either by door banging or guests making a noise up and down the corridors,this did not happen at the Chase.A good nights sleep without any disturbance.We will visit this hotel again.

Dear Geoffrey B
May I thank you so much for your kind comments. We are delighetd that the menu met with your expectations as we have just launched a new dinner menu on the 15th May and are keen to get feedback on all of the new dishes.The slow cooked pork belly and the lamb shoulder are gathering the most votes to date. I personally chose the pork on Thursday and can happily recommend it.
You have mentioned the G10 bust stop outside the hotel which is indeed perfect for both Cheltenham and Gloucester, meaning you can safely leave the car behind when visiting either. We hope with the greta weather and the wealth of festivals across the two cities this year we can welcome you back soon.
yours sincerely
Loughton, Essex
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Regards room: Threadbare seat covering on easy chair, connecting room door knob falling off, and unwatchable TV with sound & vision out of sync.

Private dining on both nights, severely understaffed with only 2 staff serving and taking drink orders, meaning people had finished one course when others had not yet been served.

TV in bar area picture wildly enlarged loosing 25% of picture, when watching sky sports you cannot see updates of football scores on edges of picture, mentioned to reception but told it always defaults to that size!

Restaurant at breakfast, on Sunday basket of bread with mould on it, most of the eggs overcooked with hard yolks both fried & poached.

Good points: Spa very pleasant, and staff very polite

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roger O
KTurnbull, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Roger O,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your comments following your weekend in April, which are very different to those received from the group leaders. I was most disappointed to hear of our shortfalls and would like to both apologise and to update you on what has been done in the interim:
- All televisions and networking were replaced at the cost of over £40k on the 12th and 13th of this month and now feature freeview and freeeview HD
- Chair replacement is ongoing with our lounge furniture and Buckholt suite both having been refurbished in April and May
- I have welcomed our new Operations Manager and Restaurant Manager in the last two weeks
I am confident that you will see all of these improvements on your next visit.
yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Not sure where to start.
We visited here for my birthday so what Should of been a special weekend.. Was not!!!!
On day one we had massages which were very good and day two I had a eyebrow wax and tint... Wish I opted out... The Girl either did not understand what I wanted or didn't know how to do it... I ended up asking for the tweezers to finish the, off and to top it off I had dye around the brow.... I've had many of these treatments and never left anywhere crying... The man on the reception heard me explaining to my boyfriend and offered 50% off the treatment... I was so upset we missed dinner that night...
We had lunch dinner breakfast and lunch again the day after (as was included)
Lunch was average... However the chips were very very greasy and we had to wait forever to get served let alone for the food, we had Dinner here as this was included in the price and was actually ok. Lunch the day after was average but poor service waiting for the drinks waited for so long half hour later we were still waiting.
There seemed to be lack of staff the staff were not attentive overall it certainly did not feel like the 4star spa weekend I was looking forward to for my birthday.
I did email to raise my concerns however was sent n email back explaining why the treatment went so bad and for them to say they we're not short staffed,, but as a good will gesture they would offer me a discount on my next visit... Next visit I THINK NOT...! Not the response I was expecting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 82dandan
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent spa treatment. We are disappointed that the treatment was not to your liking, nor the rectification and communication post stay not what you were hoping for. The spa team take real pride in the treatments that we provide and the offer made was sincere.
Yours sincerely
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Room was OK, quiet and well equipped. Bathroom was good, but water temperature fluctuated alarmingly in the shower (dangerously hot at times). Reception was efficient and well staffed for ones and twos arriving, but a coach trip would swamp it. The restaurant was poor - the food was unappealing, service slow, and it had the atmosphere of a canteen rather than a good restaurant. The leisure facilities are excellent - good gym and pool. Wifi is terrible - reception is weak, not good in any hotel these days.

Room Tip: Be careful if you have luggage. Those rooms more than halfway down a corridor have a set of stairs t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear ian H
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your constructive feedback. We do indeed have the pleasure of welcoming group leisure guests to support our shoulder evenings from the US, Japan and the UK and I am sorry if this caused any delays or concerns during your stay.
We have of course replaced the valve in your shower following your feedback and do offer a class leading complimentary bandwith of 10 meg of broadband to our guests which is normally suffice.
Your comment on the stairs in the corrdior is an excellent one. For guests with mobility problems please advise us in advance and we will be delighted to allocate accordingly.Two of the 6 corridors feature steps in them, and we can also provide both ground floor and 2 excellent DDA assisted bedrooms nearest to our reception.
This week we have introduced a new restaurant menu which together with coaching and guidance will I hope convince you of our commitment to customer service on your next visit
kind regards
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just returned after a superb two night stay. Can't fault a thing. Hotel, staff and food very good. Good position too with bus stop at front of hotel, so easy to get around. Surprised at the reviewers comment about the restaurant as the meal we had was 'second to none'. Will return.

1 Thank Gill187059
General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Gill187059
Brilliant! Thank you so much for posting such a fabulous review. We are working very hard on our Restaurant at present and it's great to hear that it is paying off.
The Bus service from the Hotel is great and very accessible to our guests with regular services into both Gloucester and Cheltenham from just outside the Hotel. I'm so pleased you were able to make use of this service.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Kind regards
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We visited the Cheltenham Chase hotel over the bank holiday weekend. A large wedding on the saturday cause us to take 3 hours for dinner from 7:30 until 10:30 only 2 staff on.Lots of complains from other people
Next day came back tothe room at 5PM not made up, Bar area glasses not cleared, could be a one off it is a nice hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Malcolm B
Dear Malcolm B
Thank you for your review, but I was sorry to read of the issues you experienced. We did have a wedding taking place in the Hotel at the time of your stay however this really shouldn't have affected the service you received in our restaurant and bar and I hope that you will accept my apologies. I am also sorry to hear that your room was not serviced in a timely fashion and I will raise this with our Housekeeping team.
I hope that you would not be deterred from returning in the future.
Kind regards
Keith Turnbull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockworth
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
Ellenborough Park
Ellenborough Park
#2 of 22 in Cheltenham
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#11 of 21 in Gloucester
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
#9 of 22 in Cheltenham

Been to The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!