Q Hotels provide a good standard of room/ facilities and although we moved twice before finding one that was acceptable. The first one had a dodgy card reader and therefore no electricity. The second room was located too close to the noisy spa air conditioning units and a view from the window of a brick wall. But whilst the third room had a chair missing we opted for this one.
Unfortunate the Spa family swim dominates most of the day leaving only 11.00 am to 3pm and 7pm to 9 pm for adults only.
Breakfast was very good , with a wide selection & something for everyone.
I would steer clear of Hardy's restaurant for your evening meal as we found this not to be value for money. We did point out to the waiters that the menu was dated for May & it was now July! Which got a response of they were in the process of up-dating the menu!
I chose the prawn sundae which worked out at £1 per prawn at £6 and these were small prawns, not much bigger than my thumb nail! There is also a terminology issue, as I also ordered fish and chunky chips. However, they could only be called chunky chips if they were being compared to a French fry! A bottle of Zinfandel will cost you £25 so with two courses for you and your partner & sharing a cheese board at the end of the meal will cost you in access of £75. Really not worth it.
A better option if you don't fancy driving & want a drink is the short walk to the close by Toby carvery, where for £75 I am sure you could have a very good night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel is situated conveniently close to both Cheltenham & Gloucester and just minutes away from junction 11a of the M5. The Hotel boasts 122 contemporary, air conditioned bedrooms, all with flat screen TVs, tea & coffee making facilities and fridges. Hardy's Restaurant offers fantastic food in a light contemporary atmosphere overlooking the Cotswold Hills, whilst Hunters Bar and Lounge provides a relaxed area in which to enjoy a great range of food and drink. There is an extensive leisure club with great facilities including a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym and weights area and a Spa offering a full range of treatments. Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - a q Brockworth
- Cheltenham Chase Hotel
- Cheltenham Chase Brockworth
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel Brockworth, Gloucestershire