I booked this hotel for a 3 night long weekend with my girlfriend over an English Bank Holiday weekend. I was very impressed to be able to find a 4 star hotel for a total of £225 for the 3 nights, normally hotels inflate their prices over such weekends. It's because of this I'm rating the hotel as a 4, had I paid £300 I'd probably be giving it a 3.
On arrival the staff were very friendly and checked us into our room on the top floor quickly. Both room and communal areas were very clean. Furniture, fixtures and fittings were all modern and I think pretty new which gave the hotel a good feel. On top of this the wifi was good, I used it to stream on an iPad without problems.
The restaurant in the hotel was fully booked on one of the nights I was there however they still served food in the bar, we paid £50 for a burger, fish 'n' chips and a bottle of wine which I thought was slightly on the high side for food which wasn't bad but also didn't blow me away. Breakfast was a help yourself buffet and it was what I'd expect for a lower end 4 star hotel: a wide range of reasonable quaity food. The only odd thing at breakfast is on every morning they asked if we wanted coffee as we were seated, each time this failed to arrive and we had to ask again.
The spa in the hotel is a decent size, clean and contains: pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. It also wasn't too busy, I think a large contributor to this is the hotel appears to do most of its trade through coach tours which do not typically contain a lot of spa users so this is a good thing although it might have contributed to the fully booked restaurant on the Saturday night.
The location of the hotel is good. There are no good quality restaurants within walking distance but Cheltenham is a short drive away which has many. The Cotswolds is also on the doorstep which presents ample things to do during the day.
All in all I have to say I had a great weekend in this hotel, having trawled all the usual websites before booking I honestly don't think I'd have found a better hotel for the money we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel is situated conveniently close to both Cheltenham & Gloucester and just minutes away from junction 11a of the M5. The Hotel boasts 122 contemporary, air conditioned bedrooms, all with flat screen TVs, tea & coffee making facilities and fridges. Hardy's Restaurant offers fantastic food in a light contemporary atmosphere overlooking the Cotswold Hills, whilst Hunters Bar and Lounge provides a relaxed area in which to enjoy a great range of food and drink. There is an extensive leisure club with great facilities including a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym and weights area and a Spa offering a full range of treatments. Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - a q Brockworth
- Cheltenham Chase Hotel
- Cheltenham Chase Brockworth
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel Brockworth, Gloucestershire