Check in was very good and friendly. Our room was clean and tidy. I did email the hotel before arrival to request a quiet room but they did not either get that email or did not fulfil that request so on a couple of nights we were disturbed by other guests arriving back a 3am singing in the corridors. The only issue we had was on the first night the A/C was not working we reported this to reception in the morning and by the time we got back later that day it had been sorted.
Breakfast seemed a bit chaotic in that we were sat at a table and sort of just left to it. It was quiet obvious that everything was buffet but as a 4* hotel I would of thought this still would of been quickly explained on sitting to us. We then had to wait a further 15 mins for coffees. Cooked breakfast on the first morning was all very greasy and congealed as it is all left under lights and had been there for some time so therefore put us of for the rest of our stay and did not try the cooked again.
We did not try Hardy's whilst staying at the hotel. We did have a drink in the bar every night we stayed and had varying service. The first night we had to play hunt the barman he was on his own and although no busier than any other night did seem to vanish at times. I did notice that the tables were left with dirty glasses and plates and the floor had food on it from where people had dropped thing on it and was just left. The second night the barman was very happy to take our order and then deliver the drinks to our table. The last night the bar was manned by 2 people and was served very quickly, but I would still like to think as a 4* hotel that table service would be a standard thing at that level of hotel it is at other 4* hotels. Something to think about perhaps.
Checkout on the last day was again quick and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel is situated conveniently close to both Cheltenham & Gloucester and just minutes away from junction 11a of the M5. The Hotel boasts 122 contemporary, air conditioned bedrooms, all with flat screen TVs, tea & coffee making facilities and fridges. Hardy's Restaurant offers fantastic food in a light contemporary atmosphere overlooking the Cotswold Hills, whilst Hunters Bar and Lounge provides a relaxed area in which to enjoy a great range of food and drink. There is an extensive leisure club with great facilities including a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym and weights area and a Spa offering a full range of treatments. Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - a q Brockworth
- Cheltenham Chase Hotel
- Cheltenham Chase Brockworth
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel Brockworth, Gloucestershire