Hatton Court Hotel
US$106
US$149
US$87
PremierInn.com
Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$64
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$41
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Little Witcombe) Hotel(Little Witcombe)(Great Value!)
The Station Hotel(Gloucester)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
1,414 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathtara restaurantsuperior roomafternoon teabottle of champagneeggs benedictmain buildingmini barsconeslovely hotelcream teaeast wingwedding venuecourse dinnerboth nightskippersset menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Spent three nights here in March when weather was dull and cold. The hotel was warm in temperature and in hospitality. We paid £140 for dinner, bed and breakfast. The dinners were good. The bedroom was spacious with an enormous bed and as warm as you wanted. Plenty of storage space, fridge, bathrobe, very large bathroom with shower and jacuzzi. Breakfast was excellent with enough and more to see you through the day - plenty of choice too. All the staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. They even gave us an excellent recommendation to a nearby inn when we fancied a change of venue. It's very handy for Gloucester and the staff were very knowledgeable about parking and amenities in the city. It's also not far from the must-visit Jenner's Museum.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for a larger room in the annexe.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed on a 1 night stay on Friday March 1st on a "Winter warmer". The stay included a free room upgrade subject to availability. On arrival and we checked in just before 3pm I checked the hitl website for availability of "superior jacuzzi rooms and yes there were rooms to book. However 2 minutes later at reception we were told there weren't any rooms??
Our room which was an executive was spacious and refurbished however the same standards certainly did not apply in the bathroom. This was dated and dangerous. Old gold shabby taps, a sharp and rusty shower screen and a shower that barely worked. We were forced to use the bath.
Our stay included a 5 course meal. When going down to the restaurant we were told to pick from the 3 course set menu and they would make up the other 2 courses with a spoonful of soup and tea/coffee.....
Break
Our room faced the car park right above reception so sleep was not good. Cars pulling up in the early hours and early morning deliveries or the hotel. Also outside lights permantly on.
Breakfast the next morning was a total shambles. We were seated quickly ordered a hot drink and told to help ourselves to juice cereals etc. The order for our cooked breakfast was also taken. This arrived in minutes. My breakfast was COLD and my poached egg was like rubber I was embarrassed for the waitress that served it to me. I asked for another breakfast but by the time it arrived my husband had eaten his so i ate alone. 4 couples around us had wrong breakfasts and were sending them back. Never were we offered another drink and we sat there for 30 minutes with no drink and dirty plates. We went to our room and made one ourselves. Tables around us were not being cleared and it felt attention to detail was on the wedding that was taking place that day.
We went to settle our bill and there was tea/coffee on there that was suppose to have been included? This was £5.50 so the mouthful of soup we had each cost £14.50!!!! Our allocation for the evening meal should of been £40 each.
I filled in the "how was your stay" form and handed it in at reception. I was told they go directly to the manager? I have since emailed the hotel directly 3 times with my concerns and what a surprise I have heard NOTHING from the manager. You take the time to express your opinions and no one has the decency or manners to acknowledge you. I have even emailed for there Head Office contact details and had no response. It appears to me standards are low and no one is bothered?
Such a shame my husbands birthday was miserable. We had a great stay here back in June last year.

8  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I have just returned from a weekend away at Hatton Court. On arrival I was a bit worried as when we got to our room (46) the shower was dripping and the noise was driving us nuts. This was mentioned to Alice on reception and we were immediately moved in to another room (44) which was smaller but very cosy. There was also a problem with the heating but this was resolved after Alice called an electrician.

From then on I couldn't fault anything. The food was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful, especially the trainee restaurant manager who looked after us on both nights (sorry, I don't know her name).

This was a very enjoyable stay and I hope that we will be able to stay again before too long.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I had a meal at your hotel, firstly staff were friendly, place was clean, I had the lemon chili prawns / Roast Beef / Chocolate Brownies, I was brought the pork terrine, after a short wait was given the prawns which looked as if it was just thrown on the plate, I then received my main roast beef which looked smaller then the child’s lunch, who was sat next to me, the roast potatoes were under cooked, and there wasn't any red wine gravy, the chocolate brownie which comes with vanilla ice-cream and toffee sauce, just came with small scoop of chocolate ice-cream, has you can see was not please with the small size under cooked wrongly served meal, I did mention to the serving staff that i was not happy who seemed to take it in their stride and nothing else was said, Has I was in with a party I didn't like to cause to much of a problem, but if I was on my own I would not have liked to pay £43.90 plus the price of the drinks.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank KonasR
Reviewed 15 March 2013

It had the advantage of being the only hotel with a free room within striking distance of the Cheltenham Festival. The room was fine - clean and simple. No fridge - nor conditioner. And very hot. The food was not so good. Breakfast was truly poor. The evening meal was truly average - at an inflated Festival price. Still...there are 42 weddings booked there this year, and its setting is relaxingly impressive.

Room Tip: The refurbished junior suite was fine.