1,493 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathtara restaurantsuperior roomafternoon teabottle of champagnemain buildingmini bareggs benedictsconeslovely hotelcream teacourse dinnera la carte menuwedding venueboth nightsbed and breakfastlovely setting
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on business on a late deal room rate, and it was nice, but not excellent. My room was in an annexe and was a good size and well equipped, a couple of the lamps didn't work and neither did the bathroom fan, but is was a nice room.

It's in a nice setting, the dining room has great views and a lovely terrace. Breakfast was fine, and throughout my stay the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Great location.
Listed building and therefore has sash windows ......room 9's window rattled in the wind and sounded like distant artillery fire in the middle of the night.
Breakfast was good but was not served all the items listed on the full English breakfast menu.
No lift which meant the stairs were a bit of an ordeal for my wife who has an injury to her knee.
Stayed because it was cheaper than a well know hotel chain.

If you are considering a wedding venue the fixed price wedding may be worth looking at.

Room Tip: Good views from room 9 but rattling window if windy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, good room (Exec room) which was clean and nicely refurbished. Only niggle was the Shower over the bath was set too low and no shower curtain so whole bathroom got wet!
Food was good standard and tasty. Service good and location/ setting perfect as just out of Gloucester.
Good value and would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Christu79
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights, had a double room in the annexe on the 2nd floor. room was small but adequate for our needs, some nice touches in the room, good quality tea, coffee and hot chocolate and contained a mini bar & fridge ( which we weren't informed about). Cleanliness very good. Service was very good and all staff were welcoming and friendly, hotel made sure all my dietary needs catered for. Had dinner in the evening which was good cost £25 each for two of us for 2 courses, good standard but small portions.
Breakfast was also very good, however we were not informed of all the options on the sat morning and there were no menus on any of the tables unlike on the sun morning. Parking is good here. Our room had a good view. Overall had a great time, really enjoyed it met some lovely people too would stay again.

Room Tip: There is a pub just a 10 min walk down the hill if you want some pub fayre and don't want to pay hotel prices. The pub does two meals for £10 even on weekend. Lots of lovely places/villages to visit in the local area too. Gloucester and Cheltenham are only a short distance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Usually my partner and I use this site to recommend lovely places to eat and stay but I feel compelled to write my first negative review after our stay at Hatton Court on Saturday 3rd May.

Let me start by saying, I am 34 weeks pregnant and this trip was our last weekend away before our first baby arrives, so understandably we were looking forward to a relaxing and romantic break before this life changing event!

Upon arrival, first impressions were good, lovely building, good service at reception. We could see a wedding being celebrated on the grounds and wondered if this would impact on our stay....

We had paid £110 for an 'Executive' room and when we arrived at Room 40 (in the East Wing?) we were a little underwhelmed. The room was quite dark, with a small window giving little natural light. We were pleased with the big bath but fittings were quite shabby. The main disappointment was the bed, which was two single mattresses pushed together, and cheap, sprung mattresses at that...no memory foam here! The complimentary bottle of water had a fly floating in it...nice. My partner rang reception to see if we could change rooms but unfortunately we were told the hotel was fully booked. We therefore tried to make the best of it.

As I'm feeling a little uncomfortable and tired at the moment we decided to order room service for dinner. This was probably the highlight of our stay; it arrived promptly and was good quality, and is the main reason I've given 2 stars instead of 1.

The main issues with our stay started at around Midnight, with drunken wedding guests having a good time in the corridor. We tried to ignore it and go back to sleep but with the noise being right outside our door this was very difficult. By 1am I had had enough, and rang down to reception to ask if something could be done about it. I believe someone did come up to speak to the guests, but they remained in the corridor and the noise continued - shouting, running around etc I rang again at 1.30am, and also decided to go out in the corridor and speak to the guests themselves. The noise continued off and on until 3am by which time I was so wound up and frazzled I couldn't get back to sleep at all and my partner had to comfort a crying, emotional pregnant lady.

Feeling like zombies, we decided to get up and leave as early as we could. Whilst getting ready to go to breakfast an ear piercing fire alarm went off to add to our existing headaches!

We went down to breakfast which was an ok experience but we were in no mood to enjoy it and just wanted to speak to the manager about how upset we were about our stay.

At check out shortly after, we spoke to the lady on the desk who informed us that the manager was on leave and the deputy manager would give us a call as he wasn't around. Begrudgingly we paid and bleary eyed, drove home.

By 1pm I still had not been contacted, so decided to ring the hotel. I was put through to the deputy manager- no explanation as to why I had not been contacted yet- and explained how disappointed we were with our stay. He apologised but I felt didn't truly empathise with our concerns. I want to know why we were not told upon booking there would be a large wedding party (my partner had mentioned I was pregnant) as we would have chosen to stay elsewhere had we have known. We are not party poopers and of course the wedding party should be enjoying themselves, but why were we put on a floor with all of these guests? Surely they would have realised this was a recipe for disaster.

I was given a refund of £50, which is better than nothing I suppose, but I still think £60 for a sleepless night is very expensive and don't understand why we wouldn't be offered a full refund as our experience was so awful. The deputy manager however refused to budge on this. I was told I would be offered an excellent rate next time we stay...err, no thanks, we have enough sleepless nights ahead of us for free, we are not going to pay for one!

On another note, if you are looking for somewhere excellent to stay that does offer a personal and relaxing experience, please stay at Dean Field B and B about 45 minutes away from here, where we stayed on the Friday night ( see separate review).

To sum up, if you are going to stay here do check to see if there is a big party booked in ahead, as clearly the individual customer falls by the wayside at this time, and as long as they have your money, whether you get any sleep during your stay at all doesn't seem to be a priority for the management.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple