1,495 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathtara restaurantsuperior roomafternoon teabottle of champagnemain buildingmini bareggs benedictsconeslovely hotelcream teacourse dinnera la carte menuwedding venueboth nightsbed and breakfastlovely setting
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just had a birthday lunch with friends in restaurant. Attention to detail was limited. No side plates when we were given 2 types of bread to nibble on before our starters arrived- we had to request. Also we had to ask for water containers to be refilled.The Maitre De almost shouted out at us.One of our party had the fish platter as his main meal & the warm bread to accompany it came when he had virtually finished.
Food was good but service & forethought could have been better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank claire2492013
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel is in lovely setting, very close to the city of Gloucester and - a little gem - the delightful town of Painswick. I agree with some reviews that the hotel would rate higher if it were not for some minor issues (e.g. slow service at breakfast one morning, inconsistent wifi reception). However, I would definitely stay here again if only for the excellent hospitality of most of the staff which made for a very pleasant two-night stay.

1  Thank chrisbatt
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excellent Wedding Reception Venue - lovely setting and views. The management and staff were excellent and could not do enough for us to make sure my Daughter's wedding reception went smoothly right from the time we arrived. Room had everything we needed and was spotlessly clean. Just a beautiful weekend from arrival until departure. Thankyou.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqueline M
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just back from our second stay at this Hotel having stayed here last year also. Overall the Hotel is very nice and the experience of staying here is great, however, there were a few minor issues during this stay. The light outside the window of our room ( number 34) is incredibly bright and totally illuminates the bedroom at bed time to such an extent that I had to use a bath towel in an attempt to block out some of the light coming through above the curtains. At Breakfast on both mornings there were no muffins available for eggs Benedict which meant I couldn't have my first choice breakfast on either morning also there was no bread knife available for use. We stayed in a superior room with jacuzzi but unfortunately the jacuzzi only worked when it wanted to. The driveway on the approach to the car park is in a very bad state of repair with many potholes, this issue needs to be addressed. On the plus side, the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are clean and very comfortable, staff are friendly and the food and service are both very good. we will stay here again next year.

3  Thank Villamatt1874
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having used this hotel on a number of occasions on business trips, I decided to take my wife for a night away there over the bank holiday weekend.

On arrival, we were asked at what time we'd like our meal (we'd booked a dinner, bed and breakfast package) - only to then be restricted to 'before 7.15pm or after 8.45pm'.

As they knew in advance we'd be eating in the restaurant, I found this to be incredibly disappointing and explained we would no longer require the room as we would proceed home - as it was only a further hour away.

The hotel have now charged my account for the whole stay - including breakfast and evening meal, even though we were only there for 10 minutes.

I am awaiting a response from the manager - but note they have previously over-booked the restaurant and over-charged guests in the past.

Once again, a hotel has forgotten the key - if you're taking lots of bookings for your restaurant, it is prudent to either offer a booking facility at the time you book your room - or alternatively make a courtesy call to the guest to take the booking or manage expectations in advance.

5  Thank twinspark