1,495 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathtara restaurantsuperior roomafternoon teabottle of champagnemain buildingmini bareggs benedictsconeslovely hotelcream teacourse dinnera la carte menuwedding venueboth nightsbed and breakfastlovely setting
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed in room 44 on the front east wing
Bed room / stting area was very good , clean and tidy good amenities.
Bathroom was poor, sink was badly cracked, no shower curtain or screen floor got soaked after showering, bathroom appearance needed updating not great.

Dining
Breakfast was good all food served hot and presented well
Evening meal was poor chicken sent back as still pink, steak returned 3 times just got blacker on the outside remained un cooked, requested medium but virtually raw in the middle, was refunded for the steak and given free deserts for inconvenience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris H
Noel H, Manager at Hatton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Chris H

thank you for your recent review, I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your recent visit to the hotel.

Your comments regarding the bathroom have been addressed and we are actually scheduling a full refurb of all of our bathrooms in the east wing in the new year.

The issues you experienced in the restaurant are of a concern for me as they are of a serious nature. If I can ask that you contact me at the hotel to discuss the matter in more detail.

Regards

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Check in was an issue as they wanted my personal bank cad details as they couldn't locate the business booking. They said they would sort it out but on check out it wasn't sorted.In the annex which is OK but really noisy and lacking in any noise reduction. Bathroom was very tired and could do with being revamped. I wasn't impressed by the amount of hair that wasn't mine both on the pillow and bedding . Don't eat in the restaurant. It took over 50 minutes for some fish and the meal was generally disappointing , especially as the restaurant is meant to be a good one in the area. Breakfast was disappointing too. Ive stayed in much better hotels in the area with better food and for a cheaper price. Its a shame as there is a lot of potential for this to be a great hotel.

Room Tip: take your own pillow
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Ems920

Thank you for your recent review, I was disappointed to read of your issues during your recent visit.

Your comment regarding the bathroom has been actioned and we have actually scheduled a full refurb of all bathroom in the east wing/annex in the new year and I have every confidence that the rooms will look stunning once they have been completed.

Your comments regarding the restaurant are of an isolated incident as I am led to believe the night you dined was particularly busy with guests who didn't initially book which added to the volume that was already anticipated.

As you mentioned our restaurant has an established name in the local market and is very popular in general. I am confident should you re-visit the hotel in the future you will thoroughly enjoy you experience.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We stayed at Hatton Court at the end of August for one night, on our way to the Cotswolds for a week. We had stayed previously several times and always had a comfortable room and nice food. Unfortunately on this occasion we were given a room in the annex on the 2nd floor (there are no lifts), which was very small and overlooked the car park. There was a wedding on when we arrived, which wasn't a problem, until they were all leaving, needless to say it was noisy! We were on the bed, breakfast and dinner package. Our dinner was very disappointing, firstly it was 7.30pm on a Friday evening, but on browsing the menu we were informed there weren't anymore burgers or monkfish available - I had wanted the monkfish! We opted for duck and steak, both were overcooked and the steak very small. The drinks are very expensive here too. On a good point the staff are very friendly and the breakfast was good - maybe a different chef to the evening before!

Room Tip: Poor mobility would prove a problem with stairs, upgraded rooms are larger
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne G

Dear Yvonne G

Thank you for your review, It was disappointing to read your comments regarding your recent visit to the hotel.

We do advertise on our website that we are a popular award winning wedding venue therefore we do not hide the fact that we hold weddings at the hotel. That said we have always allocated 'non-wedding guests' to rooms away from the marquee to prevent the noise disrupting their stay. On this occasion it seems that the wedding were somewhat louder than usual, hence the noise travelling all the way up to the east wing/ annex.

Our restaurant is very popular especially at weekends so to hear that a couple of items were unavailable so early on in the evening is of a concern to me. That said, having looked into this issue further it highlighted that those items were particularly popular on that night so it meant had to take them off which occasionally can happen.

Your comment regarding the price of drinks is one of personal perception as we also have guests comment that the prices are very reasonable.

I have forwarded you kind words regarding the staff to the relevant people who worked during the time of your visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Received courtesy call mid afternoon before we arrived to see if we wanted a table reserved for us in the restaurant that evening as we were unsure of our arrival time. When we did arrive we were upgraded to an executive room which was most unexpected. Room was superb, very nicely decorated with a well stocked mini bar. It was lovely to see a small carton of fresh milk in the fridge fir our morning tea as I do not enjoy the usual uht stuff that most hotels offer. The cleanliness of the room was excellent and in particular the bathroom was immaculate - so please pass on our thanks to the team at Hatton Hall who made our stay most enjoyable. Only a few miles out of Gloucester with easy access so was the right choice for us when visiting the historic docks and Quays. Good hearty breakfast included. Good value for money and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Yvonne T

Thank you for your recent review, Its was lovely to read. I am glad that you enjoyed every element of your stay.

We have a stunning hotel that is situated perfectly for those who are visiting the Cotswolds and surrounding areas.

As requested, I have passed on your very kind comments to the relevant staff and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We arrived for a 2 night stay having received a Buyagift voucher which included breakfast and dinner. We asked receptionist if dinner was for both nights. She said she would check but 1 night was definite so we booked a table for that evening as the receptionist told us the restaurant gets very busy as its so popular. Later before entering the restaurant we checked with the same receptionist who confirmed dinner was for both evenings.
The dining room must of had about 8 couples seated, so much for being busy! Dinner was a disaster! My husband and I both ordered: Beer Battered Pollock, Triple Cooked Chips, Tartare Sauce, Petit Pois. When the waitress arrived with our meal she then informed us there was no tartare sauce. Really? a restaurant as big as this can't keep a stock check? Can they not make their own tartare sauce? For dessert I ordered a chocolate fondant served with pistachio ice cream. My husband ordered mango cheesecake. My fondant was served collapsed and luke warm with a scoop of ice cream that must have been done with a melon baller! Husband's cheesecake portion was the size you would get on an aeroplane..TINY! We complained and went to the bar...no staff there to serve! Eventually a member of staff that was a waiter in the restaurant served us drinks. The head chef entered the bar and said 'I've been sent over to apologise for the food'! The next night we ate in the restaurant the food was a bit better but nothing to rave about. Its best to avoid all together as you would find much better food in a bistro pub. On check out we got a bill for the 2nd night's meal in the restaurant! Apparently the receptionist got it wrong as our voucher only included 1 night's dinner but we explained it was there error and we refused to pay. By the way, even the invoice was wrong as it stated we had 2 starters which we didn't. This was a Forty Towers experience. Definitely won't be going back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C

Dear Amanda C

Thank you for your recent review, I was shocked to read your comments regarding your experience in the restaurant.

Due to the seriousness of your comments, can I ask that you contact me directly at the hotel to discuss the matter in further detail.

Kind regards