I can say without fear of contradiction, repetition,condescention or even condensation,that this was a wonderful short break.We were greeted in a very friendly way when we arrived.Shown to our room very quickly.The room was a good size,clean and with all the things you need for a short break.There is a lovely bar at the hotel,with a good selection of drinks and also some local beers, (stroud, etc) lovely jubbly as del boy would say.The weather helped.We spent every evening in the hotel's garden, having our evening meal.We could have dined in the dining room, which was very nice but the weather was just too good to be sitting inside.The meals we had over three nights were delicious, even the simplest of fish and chips,was probably the best I have ever eaten. My compliments to the chef as they say. And, my compliments to all the staff and management at this great hotel. My wife and I will stay here again, (if possible) when we visit the cotswolds again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the Cotswold village of Frampton Mansell lies the Crown Inn. A seventeenth century ‘cider house’ that is steeped in history and is, quite simply, a perfect village pub.Roaring log fires; delicious, traditional, home-cooked food; fine, locally brewed real ales; a stunningly beautiful building dating from 1633 and of course, good company.Add to this a very well appointed 12-bedroom hotel annex, ample car parking and simply exquisite views across the golden valley and you have the precise recipe for a relaxing and enjoyable venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Crown Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Frampton Mansell
- The Crown Inn Frampton Mansell, Gloucestershire