We have visited the Crown Inn atleast 4 times. We have stayed for a couple of weekends and simply gone for a decent Sunday roast.
The Crown Inn is in a superb location for walking along the old disused canal. It is excellent walking coutry.
The Crown Inn is full of character with roaring log fires in the Winter. The staff are always efficient and friendly. We enjoy the Sunday roasts which are reasonably priced and you get a hearty portion. You do need to book ahead as the Crown is so popular. There is always a good choice of real ale and there is always Leffe Belgium beer. Some of the menu is a bit pretensious such as the parsnip shavings in the ploughmans. However we have never had a bad meal.
The accomodation is in a newer Block built out the back. Clean and tidy, but with less character.
This is one of our favourite weekend breaks where we can relax and chill. If only we could live in the village!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the Cotswold village of Frampton Mansell lies the Crown Inn. A seventeenth century ‘cider house’ that is steeped in history and is, quite simply, a perfect village pub.Roaring log fires; delicious, traditional, home-cooked food; fine, locally brewed real ales; a stunningly beautiful building dating from 1633 and of course, good company.Add to this a very well appointed 12-bedroom hotel annex, ample car parking and simply exquisite views across the golden valley and you have the precise recipe for a relaxing and enjoyable venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Book Direct Rooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Crown Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Frampton Mansell
- The Crown Inn Frampton Mansell, Gloucestershire