First time diners at this lovely country pub after attending a wedding their last summer. Entered into a great chatty atmosphere with a roaring log fire making it a pretty perfect Cotswold seen. We had booked a table which looks like you need to if going on a weekend night. Quite a short menu but with a really a good range of meals with most around the £10 mark. Specials board also had a further 4 mains to choose from so we were spoilt for choice. Quite a lot of game on the menu which in my view is great to see especially this time of the year but may put some off. I went for a Smoked Salmon Kedgeree and Game Pie. My wife had Soup and Steak. Both meals were fantastic and the waitress was really friendly and ensured we were always good for drinks and enjoying our meals.
Highly recommend giving it go and cant really see why you would be disappointed. Final bill was good and we both felt we had a top night out with great value for money. Will be going again with friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the Cotswold village of Frampton Mansell lies the Crown Inn. A seventeenth century ‘cider house’ that is steeped in history and is, quite simply, a perfect village pub.Roaring log fires; delicious, traditional, home-cooked food; fine, locally brewed real ales; a stunningly beautiful building dating from 1633 and of course, good company.Add to this a very well appointed 12-bedroom hotel annex, ample car parking and simply exquisite views across the golden valley and you have the precise recipe for a relaxing and enjoyable venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Crown Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Frampton Mansell
- The Crown Inn Frampton Mansell, Gloucestershire