Service was friendly and efficient but the food needs looking at .....
For a pub that's busy I was expecting the food offering to be better than it was ..... Fish cake starter. The flavour was there but it looked like a mess on the plate the tartare sauce was appalling !!
Chicken chorizo salad ...... Pre cooked chicken isn't the way forward , a nice piece of freshly cooked chicken would be preferred , the salad was dirty and bitter with no dressing which made it taste bland , chorizo over cooked and basically no effort to produce a simple dish well .... So disappointed !!
For drinks and ambience great but the food has let everything done :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the Cotswold village of Frampton Mansell lies the Crown Inn. A seventeenth century ‘cider house’ that is steeped in history and is, quite simply, a perfect village pub.Roaring log fires; delicious, traditional, home-cooked food; fine, locally brewed real ales; a stunningly beautiful building dating from 1633 and of course, good company.Add to this a very well appointed 12-bedroom hotel annex, ample car parking and simply exquisite views across the golden valley and you have the precise recipe for a relaxing and enjoyable venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Crown Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Frampton Mansell
- The Crown Inn Frampton Mansell, Gloucestershire