We spent three days at this lovely 17th Century Inn. In a very small Cotswild village overlooking the beautiful Golden Valley .It was recently purchased by local operators who are paying attention to details. Darren, the manager went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable.
Staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms are fairly basic, but very clean, well serviced and apparantley a cosmetic makeover is in the works. Very good value for the money.
Breakfast daily was great as was the one dinner. we had.
Note: If you are looking for night life within walking distance, look elsewhere. The neighbors for this great getaway are beautiful adjoining farms and beathtaking scenery.
Not to worry, you are only 10-15 minutes drive to Cirencester, Stroud and beautiful Tetbury. Also 5-10 great pubs within 10 minutes. Also , I can't remember the last time I left my hotel room unlocked, but we did here during the day!
Well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the Cotswold village of Frampton Mansell lies the Crown Inn. A seventeenth century ‘cider house’ that is steeped in history and is, quite simply, a perfect village pub.Roaring log fires; delicious, traditional, home-cooked food; fine, locally brewed real ales; a stunningly beautiful building dating from 1633 and of course, good company.Add to this a very well appointed 12-bedroom hotel annex, ample car parking and simply exquisite views across the golden valley and you have the precise recipe for a relaxing and enjoyable venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Crown Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Frampton Mansell
- The Crown Inn Frampton Mansell, Gloucestershire