“First class lunch in a real Pub” 5 of 5 bubbles

Farrier's Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Todenham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“First class lunch in a real Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

How nice to walk into a real pub with a proper welcome be poured a first class pint of real, local ale and then enjoy a top quality lunch all at a reasonable price. Contemparary Inn Keeping at its best. Haven't eaten Whitebait as nice for a very long time....thankyou

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Louise K, Owner at Farrier's Arms, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. We realise the importance of serving good conditioned beer and are proud to say that we have won the Cask Marque award for two years in a row now. We are fortunate to have so many fantastic micro breweries in the surrounding area and always have a local ale avavilable. We also like to encourage our customers to "try before they buy", that way thy can have a taster of the full range of great beers we have to offer before they make their choice.
You're absolutely right, we are a real pub and intend to stay that way. A warm welcome awaits you whenever you are next in the area.

Reading, United Kingdom
“I loved the pork belly!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I’m just going to start with my highlight. I loved the pork belly!!!! It’s the best I’ve ever had. The only other place that came close is the Griffin at Fletching a few years ago. The chef even wrote down how to make it for me after I said how good it was, so I could try myself. Love the Hook Norton best bitter too. Full of hoppy flavour. All the staff are friendly and helpful and made this a great visit for me and my wife. This is one of my favourite pubs for food, along with the Crooked Billet in Stoke Row and I’d thoroughly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Louise K, Owner at Farrier's Arms, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm thrilled to hear that your choice of the Pork belly was the best you've ever had and do hope you find the recipe useful? The Hook Norton Best bitter is brewed not far from us and is always popular with the locals, so much so that it is the one real ale that we have on tap permanently. Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the cotswolds.
Frankfurt
“Great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Visited on 25/02 and had an excellent meal (chicken breast stuffed with chestnut stuffing, followed by an outstanding sticky toffee pudding). Good choice of wine and bar staff very friendly. Also, free WIFI proved very handy.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Louise K, Owner at Farrier's Arms, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for taking time out to pen a few notes following your recent visit. So glad you enjoyed our home made sticky toffee pudding and appreciated our selection of fine wines. Free WIFI is a recently new addition to the Farriers and is proving to be very popular. We look forward to welcoming you back
Shipston-on-Stour, United Kingdom
“appalling service, argumentative bar-woman”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is the third and final time i will visit this place. It's location is great and the pub itself gives the impression of being friendly and welcoming - au contraire!

Firstly we ordered a sandwich and two starters - they took nearly an hour to come. (there were two other tables in the pub...not exactly busy).

Secondly the woman working behind the bar is one of the most unwelcoming and aggressive people i have ever met - for example a nice old chap commented to her that he had a lovely meal but that his plate had been cold. she nearly bit his head off snapping that he couldn't possibly expect his plate to stay hot when he took 20 minutes to eat his main course. This is not an appropriate response in any establishment especially one that claims to be in the good pubs guide.

The food is reasonable and the location is great but our experience was ruined by the lack of ambience and the utterly unwelcoming attitude that seems to permeate this establishment. I don't know what is wrong with the bar woman but she shouldn't be allowed in front of house!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank JessieAnn88
Louise K, Owner at Farrier's Arms, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
I am so soirry to hear that upon your last visit you found us to be so unwelcoming, this is never acceptable. I can not think what happened on this occasion as we pride ourselves on giving our customers a warm welcome and I can only apologise for you having to wait so long for your food, such a pity you did not bring this to my attention at the time. Delighted that you at least thought the location was great. I agree, Todenham is a pretty Cotswold village and the pub itself, with its' roaring fire during the colder months and a choice of alfresco dining in our terraced garden throughout the warmer months, is hopefuly worth another visit? I know what you experienced is not the norm and sincerely hope you will return to give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Southend-on-Sea
“Superb service and delicious dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

5 of us visited this charming pub in the heart of the Cotswolds. We were welcomed warmly by the friendly and helpful landlady. We were staying in B & B nearby but chose to eat in this pub on several occasions during our short stay as it far exceeded the standards of service and food in other local establishments. Highly recommended for friendly service, excellent food and well kept and interesting choice of beers.

• Visited August 2011