“A proper english pub”

Farrier's Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Todenham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Coventry, UK
“A proper english pub”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Until recently I had not been to the Farrier’s Arms for many years. It was to watch the hunt move off one Boxing Day.
I had seen sign posts for the Farrier’s on many occasions and decided to pay a lunchtime visit recently. The pub was just how I remembered it, a good old fashioned English country pub. We didn’t want a full meal and chose to eat from the more than adequate bar menu, good honest pub grub. The main and blackboard menu looked good. The beer and wine were of good standard too.
We shall certainly go again and hopefully be hungry enough to eat from the main menu.

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“We ate here”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We visited this pub for dinner after reading reviews on this site. It was a bit disappointing. The landlady was on her own, serving food and manning the bar.

The food was OK but marks were lost for microwaving the veg (yuk) and cooking the chips and onion rings in old, brown oil isn't very pleasant either. We won't go back.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Brookwood100
Louise K, Owner at Farrier's Arms, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
I was saddened to hear your visit wasn't up to our usual standard. I can only imagine at the time of your visit it was whilst we were understaffed. This can happen from time to time within any small business and as we are independently owned and based in a rural location, it is not always easy to replace a member of staff immediately.

Such a pity you did not mention you were unhappy with the side dishes at the time of your visit, as I would have gladly replaced these items or provided you with some form of compensation but thank you for your comments, which have been duly noted and of course have since been rectified.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Pretty as a Picture Cotswold Inn”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This delightful mellow Cotswold inn is family owned and run. It's a hidden gem for the tourist but obviously very well-known and loved by those 'in the know.' The food is cooked by owner Nigel and is superb. The atmosphere and friendliness front of house is ensured by his charming and knowledgeable wife, Louise.
Delightful rear garden ( suntrap ) and a cheerful bygone age atmosphere inside, The Farriers Arms is a little treasure.
We've got it on our list of definite repeat visits when next in the Cotswolds. It's also dog-friendly!

Visited May 2013
Louise K, Owner at Farrier's Arms, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. As you mention, the terrace garden to the rear of the building is a great place for alfresco dining and now that it looks like Spring has at last sprung, hopefully we will have many more warm sunny days, as we have just experienced over the recent Bank holiday and the garden or the patio terrace at the front of the pub will the perfect place to dine and relax.

Nigel and I are so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Farriers Arms and we hope to see you, when you next visit the Cotswolds.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“What a gem”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

If I had to go to a restaurant for my last meal it would be here. I have eaten in many places but this is my favourite in the whole of my know world of food.
The atmosphere is brilliant, a real village pub. Real fires and hops hanging from the beams. A smiling face behind the bar and intimate corners to chat in.
We go away on holiday and stay close to this gem and go here every night for food. I can honestly say that I have never had a poor meal. Chicken with mango salsa and sweet potato with Parmesan mash great.. Duck breast on celeriac mash with a sweet liqueur reduction and wilted boc choi. A masterpiece. Steaks super and starters just the ticket. I often don't have room for a sweet but when I do they never disappoint.
The restaurant is in the shadow of and lovely village church. I always go for a short walk in the churchyard. Foxes and bats and the smells of the country.
A perfect place for a meal.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Gastodoc
Louise K, Owner at Farrier's Arms, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that the Farriers Arms is your favourite place to eat and we do hope you will enjoy many more visits to us and not just for your last meal!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We came across the Farriers Arms by accident, as we were looking for a farm, and had to do a u-turn outside the Farriers. On our way back, we decided to pop in for a pint and lunch. I am so glad we did.

The bar area is so welcoming. There was a fire warming the place up, a great landlady, great pints and service with a smile. We also got talking to a few of the locals, who were very welcoming.

The lunch menu emphasis is on local produce. The pheasant was excellent, and finding a single shot in there told me it was fresh. The potato's were creamy and well seasoned. My wife and cousin had cod and chips, and again not to be disappointed.

We also got to talk to the chef (husband and wife landlady), and he was very enthusiastic about what he serves and where his produce comes from.

Thank you!!!!

• Visited November 2012
Louise K, Owner at Farrier's Arms, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
So good to hear you enjoyed your visit. This time of year being game season, we are incredibly fortunate to have local farms within Todenham itself, who are able to supply us with wild local pheasant, venison, partridge and duck.

In addition to our board and bar menu, we are currently offering our Christmas menu for group bookings over this festive season, at the very competitive price of £18.95 and £22.95 for 2 and 3 courses respectively. With it's roaring log fire and Yuletide decorations, the Farriers is the perfect place to celebrate Christmas. A warm welcome awaits you whenever you are next in the area.

Kind regards