The staff really make this pub/restaurant/hotel. From the minute we walked through the doors, we were greeted by friendly, smiling, professional people, who made it clear they were there to help. Food is proper, good, hearty, locally produced restaurant quality (as opposed to pub grub) cuisine, and I'll say it again, the staff were brilliant! They know about the meals and the portion sizes, which was helpful as I hadnt't really eaten many pies before, but thought I'd better give one a go seeing I was in 'pie heave' accoring to my husband!
The room was fine, maybe a tad on the over priced side for what it was, but still comfortable, spacious enough, all mod cons etc...
No complaints at all and would definatly recomment a visit - Guniess, Steak and Brie Pie (Puff pasrty) to die for!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire