“Great accomodation”

Ranked #1 of 4 Longhope B&B and Inns
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great accomodation”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Have just spent 2 nights at the Farmers Boy Inn, the accomodation is really comfortable. The pub itself has a lot of character abd the staff are very friendly and efficient. Excellent food, a bit pricey but well worth the money. Thanks to Phil and Team. Will be back again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
blue3692, Owner at The Farmers Boy Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Thank you for your kind words and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Farmers Boy Inn. Tell all your friends about us and we look forward to seeing you all soon in the near future.
As seen on C4's Four in a Bed TV Show.....

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The Inn has a lovely English pub decor and atmosphere with a fantastic restaurant providing a large choice of breakfasts and meals throughout the day. The staff are extremely friendly and hospitable. The guest house is made up of a number of chalets with fantastic facilities. It felt more of a home environment than a hotel. The rooms are very well decorated with tv/freesat, tea and coffee facilites, ensuite powershowers and free wifi. I was very happy and will definitely be returning when next in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Sechelt, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2012

A gold medal performance! Nice room and excellent service from the always helpful and personable staff. The food was always tasty and well presented and then there were the pies, They were . . . simply PIETASTIC!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

fine detail let it down from being 'very good' or excellent.

I was allowed access to my room at 10.30am, it was very clean and attractively laid out, small and compact but certainly more than adequate from my initial viewing. I particularly liked the clean and pretty linen. Fist impressions count and I was initially pleased. I then went out for the day returning late at night to find that the only toiletery was a small plastic bottle of handwash. There were no showering gels/body washes/shampoos, it was fortunate that I had my own. I suspect that this was an 'oversight' as my friends staying in separate rooms did have body wash etc. The only other point which I feel could be improved is to have black-out lining for the curtains, the bright sun simply woke me up very early and black out curtains would solve this.
Breakfast was excellent and the pub and a good reputation for food generally. Staff were very friendly and the boss was working very hard in the kitchen when I saw him - a good example. Had I not been in my birthday suit (!) when I found out about the lack of body wash, I am sure the staff would have replaced it if asked.

I am not deterred about returning next year when I am sure the grade will change to 'very good' if not above that.

Room Tip: You may wish to ask for an 'end room' to only have one neighbour.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Martin L
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were lucky enough to win a night's dinner b&b as a competition prize and really couldn't have been better looked after by Phil and his lovely team. We decided that we had to have the pies for dinner: I had the gourmet Steak and Guinness with Mature Blue Cheese and my husband sampled the same pie but with Brie instead of Blue Cheese, alongside a delicious plate of new potataoes and vegetables. Was the nicest pie I have ever eaten but so filling! Others in the restaurant were sampling desserts but we couldn't even contemplate eating anything else! Breakfast the next morning was really delicious too and you really could appreciate the quality of the locally sourced ingredients, including bacon, sausage, black pudding and free range eggs, which I had scrambled and I have to say again, were the most wonderful scrambled eggs I have ever eaten! Room was really good, too; tastefully decorated and relaxing with Sky TV and a great shower. Enjoyed so much we would happily pay to go back and are planning to do so before too long, as we would love to take in some more of the lovely scenery in the area and perhaps tackle some walks to alleviate the affect of all that great food!
The passion for the business which Phil clearly has is obvious to see and his staff all seem to share the same ethos, nothing is too much trouble for them and they are often one step ahead of your needs in ensuring that you enjoy a fantastic stay.

1 Thank Helen C
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The staff really make this pub/restaurant/hotel. From the minute we walked through the doors, we were greeted by friendly, smiling, professional people, who made it clear they were there to help. Food is proper, good, hearty, locally produced restaurant quality (as opposed to pub grub) cuisine, and I'll say it again, the staff were brilliant! They know about the meals and the portion sizes, which was helpful as I hadnt't really eaten many pies before, but thought I'd better give one a go seeing I was in 'pie heave' accoring to my husband!
The room was fine, maybe a tad on the over priced side for what it was, but still comfortable, spacious enough, all mod cons etc...
No complaints at all and would definatly recomment a visit - Guniess, Steak and Brie Pie (Puff pasrty) to die for!!!!

high wycombe, bucks
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Arrived on a very wet Friday to be warmly greeted by Hannah.
Our room was spotless - bright and airy with a huge kingsize bed which was extremely comfortable.
Had an evening meal in the pubs restaurant. Everything is cooked to order and we didn't have to wait too long. The pies were out of this world - but beware they are really filling!!
My partner and I were certainly full in fact I couldn't eat all mine :)
Breakfast was again made to order and I can honestly say it's one of the nicest breakfasts I've had - certainly get us both going all day.
Would recommend this to my friends.
Hannah I can only say you're amazing - how you keep track of anyone's orders is beyond me. Your service and efficiency unforuntaley isn't seen very often - well done.

1 Thank sag43
As seen on C4's Four in a Bed TV Show.....
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longhope
The Speech House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston under Penyard
Ferndale House
Ferndale House
#1 of 2 in Lydbrook

Been to The Farmers Boy Inn? Share your experiences!