Stayed 4 nights and very impressed. Convenient location to local attractions such as the Forest of Dean. Lovely chalet type rooms, nicely laid out and very clean. Beds were very comfortable and nice to come back to after a long day out. Unfortunately couldn't get the TV to work and the internet connection was not good. The inn itself is a traditional English country pub with low oak beams. The restaurant was fabulous with a very welcoming atmosphere and the staff were friendly and hospitable. There was a good choice of breakfasts,and a packed lunch can be ordered, and I booked a table each evening in the restaurant. The food was fantastic, good, wholesome English food, homemade and plenty of it. Also a large garden area to sit out in and relax, and dogs welcome. Didn't try the pies, but took 2 home with me from the pie shop next door and my son said they were delicious. All very reasonably priced and I definitely would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire