“What a great Country pub”

The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Longhope
Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Award Winning Farmer's Boy Inn Longhope Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation, attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After an evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter in front of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic Gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill
Cotswolds, United Kingdom
“What a great Country pub”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This is the home of the great two in one pie half steak and half cauliflower and what a culinary treat this is and a meal not for the faint hearted. There is also a wide selection of culinary delights as well as a wide range of home made (not bought in or out of a packet meals). The pub is managed by a very personable Irishman who is passionate about customer service and giving value for money who is always thinking outside the box for new creative culinary ideas. If you are ever in the area give it a try you will not be disappointed. Phil and Amanda are the names to remember. Well done to you both for creating a fine Country pub with good honest food.

Visited June 2014
PhilKiernan, Manager at The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi Ashmeister

Thank you for your great review.
We are happy to know that we looked after you.

Download our Farmers Boy Inn App so next time you are in the area you can use our amazing offers !

Many thanks

Sally Lawson
Manager
Farmers Boy Inn

“Lovely place, lovely food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped by because it seemed to be the only pub in the area that served food all day. There was only one other table in at the time so service and food were fast.
Really nicely decorated inside and the food was tasty and good sized portions. Really loved the chips. Had a sandwich and it was huge!
Would definately go back.
Loads of off road parking too.

PhilKiernan, Owner at The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hi,

Thanks for your Great Review! I'm glad you enjoyed The Farmer's Boy Experience especially the Bloomer Sandwiches!

Hope to see you again soon! Don't forget to Download Our App

Kind Regards

Phil Kiernan
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Made our trip.. Thanks”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Me and my partner went for a relaxing weekend away in longhope and were very lucky to be staying 2 mins walk from this little gem.
We arrived late on the Friday and they were only too happy to accommodate us for food.. the pub has such a good atmosphere we ended up staying in the bar after dinner and chatting to the landlord and his wife and also some locals who were extremely friendly.
Sunday lunch was to die for and I love the fact you can go in to the wine shop and choose wine for your dinner.

Thanks for an enjoyable time and hope to see you soon.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank walkerwatford
Hi,

Thanks for your Great Review! I'm glad you enjoyed The Farmer's Boy Experience especially the wine picking in the shop- it's very tempting!

Hope to see you again soon! Don't forget to Download Our App

Kind Regards

Phil Kiernan
forest of dean
“Nice setting”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Thought i would treat the family for Fathers day.managed to get a table without booking.Friendly greeting at the bar,shown to table given menu,s.The food was abit dearer than i was expecting but it was a treat so never mind.The starters came and we,re quite tasty.The main course came and I had to send the Famous lasagna back,not very nice, tasted watery and stodgy.My husbands burger was abit on the spicy side.The children ate their meals.We waited for our bill to come but no one came back,we went to the bar and the lady explained they never take the bill to the table so guest dont feel rushed.Fair comment.The lasagna was also taken off the bill.

Visited July 2014
PhilKiernan, Owner at The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Hi, thank you for your review. Spoke to the team about your homemade Lasagne. It was cooked to our receipt but if not cooked to your taste we can only apologize. The Wow Burger does have spices in it as you correctly point out. Again down to taste and opinion. Glad the Kids enjoyed their meals. All products are locally sourced but as passionate believers of "buying Local" this can push up the price slightly. This guarantees all three Quality, Service & Value are achievable. I hope we can see you at The Farmers Boy Inn.
Phil Kiernan MD
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Previous reviews seem to be very positive but I am afraid my partner and I were extremely disappointed when we had a meal last night.
I had chicken which was tough and chewy as were the potatoes. The fish pie had hardly any fish and was mixed with sloppy potato.
We should have complained but we did not simply because we were hungry and wanted something to eat.
Having said all that the place was busy but the staff were very polite and helpful.
Sadly,I do not think we will return.

• Visited June 2014
Please Please complain there and than and don't be Key Board Warriors
If I go to a restaurant I expect the food and service to be as good or better than where I have just come from. You have every right to complain so that we can fix it immediately. Like you said we where busy and usually we always are because we have trained and mastered our trade busy or not. If the chicken was tough and the fish pie lacked fish it means only 2 things. My suppliers or my team are underperforming. I need the opportunity to put it right. Please contact me directly at phil@thefarmersboyinn.co.uk and let me fix this broken window as I call it. It's the least I can do.
Sincerely