“Decent hotel, good value for money”

PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Alcudia
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel, good value for money”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a bike camp, its a pretty good hotel. Definitely beginning to show signs of age in places but they try hard to keep the standards up. The food is a very high standard for all inclusive / all you can eat and way way better than other places i've been to. Only mild grumble is that the wifi in the rooms is very patchy.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chrisp20
PollentiaClubResort, Online Marketing at PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guests

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review to TripAdvisor and we assure you that we have taken note of your comments. Our IT Dept is working hard to improve the wifi coverage.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel Club Pollentia Resort in the near future.

Customer Service Dept
Hotel Club Pollentia Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We are a young couple an stayed here in June 2013. I have been reading some of the 'bad reviews' for this hotel and t be honest I think they must be talking about a completely different hotel. I can confirm that yes there are a lot if mosquito's; I myself got bit a number of times but that's all part and parcel of holidaying abroad and quite frankly if you were so bothered by mosquito's then perhaps a hotel in the concrete jungle of the Benidorm strip or even a weekend in Skegness; no danger of any mosquito's there!!And as far as the hotel being 'in the middle of nowhere'; this is a load of rubbish; there are regular buses into both Pollensa and Alcudia which take about 5 minutes either way at a reasonable rate of 1 Euro 50. I'm also confused by the reviews about high levels of noise from the entertainment which in my experience finished no later than 11pm every night, not an unreasonable hour in my opinion.

Anyway, enough of the moaning. We arrived mid-morning and were checked in very quickly and efficiently, all staff were very welcoming on arrival and happy to help with any queries we had. We stayed in a first floor Village room which provided us with all we needed for our stay; we had small problem with a leaky shower head and poor water pressure which once reported to reception was replaced immediately, very impressive. The room was immaculate, Beds were comfy and the TV had a good choice of channels, room was cleaned and towels refreshed on a daily basis.

My partner is a very fussy eater so I was a little apprehensive about the food; how wrong could i have been?! For dinner each night there was a different theme with a vast selection of foods to suit all tastes, fresh bread of all varieties was readily available with all meals and the food was of excellent quality and always tasted very fresh. Breakfast was beautiful with a wide selection of delicious pastries, traditional English breakfast items, fresh fruit, cereals, pancakes made fresh to order.... the list goes on.

We rarely struggled to get a sunbed but I can imagine this would have been more of an issue during peak seasons; however the rules clearly state you cant reserve sunbeds so just move the bloody towels instead of moaning about it. The pool area was always kept very clean and tidy and activities were readily available throughout the day for those who wanted to participate.

I could not fault this hotel; staff were friendly facilities were clean and of a high quality, the general appearance of the Hotel was beautiful and it definitely earns its 'Hotels with style' status on Thomas cook. We will definitely be going back this year and would recommend this resort to both couples and families alike as it really does have something for everyone.

I think those people who leave bad reviews need to rethink the type of Holiday they are booking and what it is they want out of there experience as I myself could not fault it and did not witness one unsatisfied customer during my stay. My only regrets are not paying the extra to go all inclusive and not staying for longer.

Amazing Holiday, thank you!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bethanyclare21
PollentiaClubResort, Marketing Online at PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay last year. We are always very pleased to receive comments and suggestions from our guests, and the Owner and the Management are very keen to know your feedback.

It is true that there are mosquitos in this hotel, it is part and parcel of being located right next to the protected wetland of s'Albufereta. There are mosquito plugs (usually the type with liquid) in all rooms, and the cleaners keep an eye on them so that they do not run-out during our guest's stay.

We are sorry to hear that you encountered maintenance problems during your stay and we are pleased to learn that our team dealt with these efficiently.

We would like to thank you for all the comments regarding the team members and the food that is served at our hotel, we are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!.

Online Marketing Dept
Poland
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We've spent an excellent time there. I've been searching for couple weeks for decent hotel and wasn't disappointed. Hotel is located out of town so you got to either catch a bus, which has a stop next to the hotel or rent a car. Rooms are bit "old fashioned" but always clean and service is very helpful. I think kids pool should have a heated water as it was freezing cold, so the only pool with warm water was occupied by almost all kids there. I was pleased with my stay and I'll consider this place when I'll be planning my next trip to Majorca.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guests

First of all, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your comments following your stay last year at the Hotel Club Pollentia Resort.

We take all of our guest's comments and suggestions seriously, as they allow us to improve the services and facilities of our hotel.

Please note that during the low season months, we have one outdoor heated swimming-pool (in the Maris Rooms area) that is heated to approx 23ºC.

We also have the indoor swimming-pool, on the same floor as the Spa & Beauty area, and this is heated to approx 26ºC.

The swimming-pool in the Village Room area is not heated.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we hope that you will choose this area of Mallorca to visit again.

Marketing Online Dept.
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was my families first all inclusive holiday and must admit we were a bit apprehensive in regards to the all inclusive aspect of it after hearing about some of the horror stories out there.
This resort was a little more expensive than some and a little out of the way but it was well worth it. We never once queued for anything and the staff we happy to help at all times, upon arrival they have a plaque with there trip advisor status and during our stay it showed that they wished to keep there standard.
The food was as good as can be expected from a buffet selection and the was a good variety so we weren't getting too bored with the selection.
We woke every day to witness the flurry of staff cleaning the resort, setting things up and trimming grass and hedges, most impressive.
During are stay we were in a ground floor village room which is the mid range room which they offer, it was cleaned daily, spacious and had a relaxed setting, the only down side to the room was that the room above us flushed there toilet it actually sounded like it was cascading over the floor, gave us quite a fright when we first heard it, it wasn't a massive problem but would try and get a first floor room on my next visit as it did wake us on occasion.
That aside this is a top class resort and found myself very relaxed and happy after my stay, there are various other qualities that this resort has but I wont ramble on, hope all my holidays are as good as this one, highly recommend.

Room Tip: go for a first floor and a garden view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank alexk9911
PollentiaClubResort, Marketing Online at PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Guests

From behalf of the Management of the Hotel Club Pollentia and all the Team, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is very rewarding to know that our team's hard work is paying off.

It is the Owner's and Management's aim to continue to investing in the continued improvement of the hotel's services and facilities, and we have taken note of your comments regarding the drainage system.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This hotel was so much better than I expected. On arrival we cleverly drove into town to avoid check in queue. A coach had just arrived. Came back relaxed. Wonderful reception staff,a golf buggy took us to our room. The grounds are beautiful. Room was large and clean. We had a family room. Very quiet.
The pool area was lovely. We went end October in a heatwave, so non heated pool was bearable. Despite the tourist coach load of Brits, we were not disturbed by them at all.
Had some great cocktails by pool.
I went as a snob, this was my cheap two nights before expensive hotel and I loved it. Reviews had put me off, however the type of people I expected to find there, were not there! Wonderful service and a great self service breakfast.
The hotel is out of town, so we either drove or caught the bus to Porto Pollenca.
a visit to the old town of Pollenca is a must.
The hotel can organise trips. My daughter went on the best horse riding trek ever.
We went out for dinner.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel. they favour their own! It is just as easy as going through Expedia or...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Natasha6319
Dear Guests

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on this site following your stay at our hotel. The Management and Owner of the hotel take great interest in knowing what our guests think of our hotel and we value your feedback greatly.

We are very pleased to know that the Hotel Club Pollentia Resort met your expectations and that you enjoyed your first holiday here. We wish to assure you that the Reception Team work as fast as they can to ensure that all new guests are checked-in correctly, and given the same personalised and detailed treatment.

We are also pleased to know that your daughter enjoyed her horse ride. The Hobby Club team also work very hard and are a very useful source of local information, trips and sight-seeing musts.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel Club Pollentia Resort in the near future,
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My Family and I stayed at this hotel at the end of October. The 5 of us slept comfortably in the family suite they have on offer. I understand some of the reviews saying that the rooms could do with a bit of an update, but they are fine and more than comfortable. Where this hotel really excels is the staff and the food. All of the staff at this hotel are excellent, from the cleaners to the management, they could not do enough to make sure that our stay was a good one. We really liked the way that the majority of the activities are free, just leave a deposit at the "hobby desk" and you can have a football, putters or tennis racquet etc.
The food at this hotel is great with enough choice to add a few pounds on! Which we did.
As for the location we thought it was ideal. The beach next to the hotel is small, but OK to spend a few hours. The hotel has a bus running to a different beach every day if you want to explore more. As for us we liked the fact that the frequent bus service stops right outside the hotel and for 1 euro 50 you can go to Peurto Pollensa or Alcudia, (Including waterpark). The beaches at Peurto Pollensa range from large on the way in, to small secluded on the Pine Walk, beautiful.
All in all a great holiday and we are looking to go back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank Andrew H
Dear Guests

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on this site following your stay with us at the Hotel Club Pollentia Resort.

The Management of the hotel expresses great interest and care in knowing what our guests think of their stay with us, and it is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed your holiday at our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, we are confident that this area of Mallorca offers visitors many activities to do and we are sure that you will find new areas to explore and places to visit. Of course, our Hobby Club Team are always at your disposal.

Thank you.
Paisley, Renfrewshire
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

My Husband, two year old son & I stayed for a week at the end of October this year.
The hotel was fantastic. What really made it for us was the level of great service from the staff.
We stayed in the Maris rooms. Which were small but for our small family it was perfectly great for a week.
We were all inclusive. There was a great variety of food for the week, plenty of choice.
The views were stunning!
I honestly have no negative comment to make regards this hotel other than I wish I was still there!

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank Morris49
Dear Guests

Thank you for your comments following your holiday at the Hotel Club Pollentia Resort, and for the time that you have taken in reviewing our hotel.

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we value your comment regarding the customer service provided by the team members.

Is it true that the Maris Rooms are the smallest room-type that this hotel offers. Usually, depending on the room capacity required by each individual, guests book the Suite Rooms (the largest of them all), the Village Rooms (the mid-sized rooms) or the Maris Rooms (the smallest).

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future, we are sure that you will have an enjoyable holiday in Mallorca!.

Marketing Dept.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcudia
Viva Blue & Spa
#11 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca
IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca
#1 of 3 in Cala Mondrago

Been to PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!