“The best holiday by far!!”

PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Alcudia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Myself,my Wife and 18yr old son and 11 daughter spent a week at Club Pollentia from 13th july-20th july 2014. We have had 5 holidays in Majorca (Mallorca) and have always rented a villa but decided that we would opt for a half board basis on booking. We arrived and were immediately impressed with the location and how clean the resort was and friendliness of the staff. The resort itself is set in lovely lush surroundings that has its own nature reserve backing on to it. The other side has the sea! The apartments were clean and comfortable and had air conditioning and a ceiling fan. Food was excellent and with 2 resteraunts serving a huge variety of FRESH food you could not be disappointed. Some people have suggested that it can be manic at the buffet and like a catlle market but this is down to the arrogance and rudeness of certain guests that felt that they had the right to push in front of you. This can not be blamed on the hotel or staff.

We upgraded at the hotel to ALL INCLUSIVE on our 1st evening as the hotel gave us a cracking deal, I think my son spent what it cost to do this on his own!!! All drinks (including some premium spirits) food were included as well as some ice creams. This made it far easy and less stressful not having to worry about the cost of anything.

Entertainment was quite good with something for everyone although not my cup of tea and to be honest one of the French hosts could become quite annoying but that is me being picky. The Bejing Acrobatic team were amazing on our last night!

All in all this was probably the best and most relaxing holiday I have ever had and would like to thank all the staff for a wonderful holiday. We are already planning to go next year!

Room Tip: Village or suite if there are more than four in your party.
2  Thank Pelham C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,717)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have just returned home from a trip to the Pollentia Club Resort - my husband, myself and our youngest daughter who is 16. Before I start I would say you should come here if you:
* like peace and quiet after 11pm * are willing to rent a car to get around * want a good cycling base * are happy to make your own entertainment rather than it being spoon-fed * like a variety of good food and not just chips with everything.

We stayed in the Village and we were situated near the tennis courts which was quiet and peaceful. (I suspect some of the rooms near the pool would be a bit noisier.)The room was immaculately clean and well supplied with drinks in the mini bar and toiletries in the bathrooms. There were towels supplied for the pool as well as for the bathroom and the air conditioning worked well. Reviews have mentioned mosquitos and they were right! I love having the windows open at night but this would have been asking for trouble! We took a plug-in insect killer and kept the windows shut. The TV worked well and had loads of channels in all languages. Other reviewers have mentioned the fact that the balconies and terraces have no direct sun, but I think this is a deliberate design to keep the rooms cool. With outside temperatures of 32 deg we were glad of somewhere cool to sit and read. There are plenty of places within the resort to sit and sun yourself. The grounds are beautiful with plenty of flowers and kept immaculate by very hard-working staff.

The location is not quite what I had imagined: there is no beach directly in front of the hotel. It is just where sea meets rocks next to the the road. A few hundred metres away where the windsurfing is based you will find a small narrow beach. If you like to have a beach to yourself its not a bad place to sit. I had imagined morning runs along the beach, but there was really only the cycle path to run along and it was a pretty busy road, not to mention all the other runners and cyclists. We tended to drive to smaller beaches as we didn't like the crowded commercial beaches at Pollensa and Alcudia. You should be aware that there is nothing else within the immediate vicinity of the resort so, unless you rent a car, you would be reliant on buses and taxis to get out and about.

My husband rented a road bike and had good fun cycling up into the mountains. There were loads of cyclists and plenty of tools and equipment available in the resort and in the town. My daughter and I used the fitness room a few times. It is well kitted out but could do with a few extra running machines. The inside pool was also quite pleasant if you were keeping out of the sun or wanted to cool off after a workout.

The pools outside are lovely, but obviously crowded at this time of year. We didn't bother with the towels on sunbeds trick, but lots of people did even though this isn't permitted officially.
However, we always found somewhere to sit. The 25m pool (didn't feel like 25m to be honest) was still pretty busy and it would have been nice to have had a couple of lanes roped off for length swimming. Again on the sports front, my daughter had a tennis lesson from Simon and learnt a lot in an hour. He was a lfun and a good trainer and the lesson was worth the money.

We thought the food was amazing considering the scale of the operation. If you want 5 course meals served at the table, then don't come here. If you want to help yourself to good, fresh food and fruit in abundant quantities, clearly labelled and with good selections for Vegetarians (like myself), vegans and gluten free, well you won't be disappointed. I think there was enough variety to satisfy the most fussy kids. I loved seeing their gleeful faces as they tackled the chocolate fountains and scooped their bowls full of icecreams and shovelled on various toppings and sprinkles. The waiting staff worked extremely hard from morning til night keeping the tables clean and places laid, plus seating everyone and serving drinks. They were always friendly and smiling and made everyone feel comfortable. Dinner was served from 7pm and I think some families found that rather late, but the poolside bar served food all day, and lunch was served in the restaurants until 2pm. The All-inclusive package is well worth considering as this covered most bottles of wine and drinks, included branded ones (not alcoholic cocktails though), ice creams and drinks around the pool, poolside snacks and after dinner coffees and drinks. The only extra item we paid for the whole week was the 4 euro hire of tennis raquets and balls.

Each night the young children had a minidisco by the pool and they loved it. I overheard one mum say that they had only been there 3 days and her kids were already singing songs in French, Spanish and German! There was not a lot of entertainment for older teenagers, but we went in term time as my daughter had just finished her exams so this may change in peak holiday time. We loved sitting in the quiet bar overlooking the front of the hotel. On two evenings they had a guitarist playing and they were both great, especially the classical spanish guitarist. It would have been lovely to have had some more entertainment like this.

Overall, we had a really good time and would definitely go back to this hotel. It was clean and very well run. The other guests were all pleasant, from a variety of countries, and children were well-behaved. However, we weren't particularly taken by the surrounding areas and towns, so it would probably be an out of season cycling holiday rather than a summer one next time.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the pool area.
3  Thank 194happytraveller
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Club Pollentia for a long weekend. It's a great place, especially for families.

Highlights:
- Breakfast buffet: incredible selection
- Service: impeccable and friendly
- Location: an easy walk / bike ride into Pollenca or Alcudia and to the associated beaches
- Rooms: clean, spacious, and thoughtfully laid out (with a balcony / deck)
- Pool area: quite pleasant and well laid out
- Selection: several restaurants / shops on premise

Would recommend strongly!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We visited Pollentia Club Resort in July 2014, with our 7 month old baby. We had mixed feelings about the hotel, some aspects were great and others not:

Good points:
- Service was excellent, all the employees in reception, cleaners, waiters etc. were all great.
- Pool, there are three swimming pools. A small one outside was heated, which was great.
- Activities, there was plenty organised. You wouldn't struggle to fill your day if staying at the hotel or going out to the beach (There is a free organised trip to a different beach each day, we did two and they were very easy)
- Location, just a short bus / taxi ride from Alcudia or Port de Pollentia. On the north east of the Island.
- On call doctor, we had to use this service and it was very professional. It is expensive at 75 Euros for the call out

Struggles:
- The cattle market that was dinner. There weren't many English people when we visited, and politeness went out the window at dinner time.
- Dinner time. The doors (or gates) for dinner don't open until 7pm. All parents with babies or young toddlers were waiting outside every night. Dinner was very stressful each night as we tried to get some food before our baby got to tired and kicked off. It seemed to be the same for all parents there.
- Car seats for babies! We had organised the transfer from the airport to the hotel with the hotel itself. A car was there waiting for us when we arrived but it only had a toddler seat. The concerning part for us was the lack of understanding about baby car seats. I had to complain at the hotel a second time to ensure everything was ok for the trip back to the airport.
- Room cleanliness. All surfaces in main sight were cleaned very well, but look under the bed or behind the TV and there were fossils!

We would stay at the hotel again when our son is a bit older. However, we would probably rent an apartment in Port de Pollentia itself next time and I'd recommend looking into this option first.

Room Tip: Some rooms are right next to the main swimming pool. If you want quiet at night ask for a room away...
2  Thank SteveClayton
PollentiaClubResort, Guest Relations Manager at PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Mr. Clayton,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Club Pollentia Resort. We are always grateful to receive constructive criticism, as these prove to be vital to us on our road to the continued improvement of the service in our hotel.

I was very sorry to learn that not all aspects of the holiday met with your expectations. We strive to offer the best possible quality of holidays and service, and it is disappointing to learn that you were not happy with the outcome of your holiday.

I'm going to talk personally with the department managers in order to review our processes to make them even better.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us, we will endeavour to ensure that any issues raised are resolved. We hope to see you again in our hotel, we would like to have a second opportunity to WOW you.

Yours sincerely,

Miguel
Club Pollentia Resort

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at Club Pollentia for 3 nights in June. The hotel is a great, family friendly hotel. It's on the opposite end of the island from Palma, well-situated near the Cap Fomentor preserve (which offers beautiful views and beaches).

The service is friendly and thoughtful. We felt like we had the amenities of a large cruise ship - food, drink, fun - while still having access to all of the wonders of Mallorca at our own pace and schedule. The staff goes the extra mile to offer many conveniences for guests. We visited during the world cup, and the various matches were all broadcast throughout the facility. We left around 5:30 am to catch an early morning international flight, and we were pleasantly surprised to see find a spread of food (cereal, pastries, etc.) available for off-hours diners. The convenience store on the property had sandwiches and water and snacks throughout the day, all at great prices. The rooms were spacious, with a well sized bathroom and a large balcony with a table. It made for a fantastic base for exploring the island!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mehtanym
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have just returned from club pollentia. It was our first all inclusive for many years since Mark warner and club med when the children were little. I think it was better than any of those:
The food and drink were plentiful and varied. The only extras were the more expensive cocktails and wines. There was a good selection of wine to choses from that was included.
The staff were fantastic. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. They all seemed to enjoy their jobs.the entertainment crew worked seriously hard and long hours but still seemed to enjoy meeting people and making their holiday fun.
The location is excellent- between pollensa and Alcudia with a bus every 15 mins.
The site is very pretty and well organised.
There are lots of opportunities to do sport either on or off site. We did tennis, road cycling, wind surfing and rock climbing.
We would definitely consider returning.

Room Tip: Village rooms or suites are better than Marie rooms. Try and ask for one overlooking the nature rese...
1  Thank 9jane
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Resort is simply amazing. In my opinion it can easily be a 5 star hotel. I spent 7 night with my girlfriend and our experience in Mallorca was amazing. The resort is clean and beautiful. They invest a lot of money in it and it is simply a pleasure to go here.

I went to Mallorca to propose to my girlfriend and when I informed the hotel about this aspect, their customer care department called me at work to offer their support.I felt that the hotel cares about their customers and this happened 2 months before I actually traveled to Mallorca. When I arrived , the hotel was already aware of our request and they did their best to help. Maxi from customer care department helped me to book a beautiful restaurant near the sea in Port de Pollenca and the staff from the restaurant prepared everything as I requested.

We booked the hotel on half board basis as we wanted to spend most of the time on the beach. We recommend the beaches in Port de Pollenca and Port D'Alcudia. The perfect word to describe is: amazing. The best way to get to the beaches above is by bus. There is a bus every 15min and it cost 1,55 EUR per way.

The food at the hotel was delicious and diverse. Most of the time we ate in a restaurant that had theme food every evening.

The best thing of this place is the staff. They are so friendly and smiley that it makes you wonder if they took happiness pills. We received support all the time and from many staff members. All of them are the same: polite, helpful and extremely friendly :) I would like to present special thanks to Maxi from customercare department and to Cristina from reception who was a sweetheart.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody. It is the ideal place for families but it is also a great place for couples. It is in a quiet location 5 km from Alcudia. If you go hear I definitely recommend a boat trip to Cap de Formentor.

Marcel Oltean

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarcelOltean
PollentiaClubResort, Community Manager at PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Marcel,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hotel Club Pollentia Resort to spend your holidays. We are pleased that your stay has been to your total satisfaction. Your feedback helps us to improve our services and facilities. We hope to see you soon.

I will personally forward your review to Maxi & Cristina. We feel so proud! :)

Yours sincerely,

Miguel
Hotel Club Pollentia Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcudia
Viva Blue & Spa
#16 of 28 in Port de Pollenca
Hotel Illa d'Or
Hotel Illa d'Or
#3 of 28 in Port de Pollenca

Been to PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!