“DON'T STAY HERE”

Parramatta City Motel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I recently booked online to stay at this hotel, rang the management to confirm that the booking was all good and correct as I was stayiing with a friend and that we required twin beds, and was told they have me booked into a room with a double and a single bed. I felt comfortable that I arrival everything would be good. Well that was not to be. When booking in was told they put us in a room with just 1 double bed. I spoke with the lady on reception and told her that I was staying with a friend and sharing a bed was not convenient. The lady then informed me that there is nothing she could do, I asked if I could pay extra to get another room with separate beds and was told we needed to book another room at a cost of $140. We decided to share the room. The reception was appalling, while I was in reception, another group came in, and the lady started booking them in at the same time she was booking me in. The lady lost the room key for the other group and my driver’s licence, she just kept saying I gave them to us. When I started looking over the counter and saw my licence the lady said I must have dropped it there. No sorry, no apology, nothing. We went up to our room, and was shocked at the state of the room. The shower door didn't shut correctly and the toilet was on a lean. The bed side table fuzzed/zapped when you used them, making us think we could get electrocuted. The hotel was very noisy at night, elicopters and ambulances all night going to Westmead Hospital. This is a personal preference, but I found the bed to be hard. Worst of all, I prepaid or paid online, and was told they needed a credit card for security/bond, that was fine, but later on checking my bank account noticed that they had recharged me. Now I am trying to get the second charge back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank miranda F

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel with a lot of reservations, considering some reviews. We are experienced travellers and sometimes try and read between the lines.
This hotel was actually great. The room we had, it appeared that the queen bed was new, the room is tastefully furnished, nothing over the top, just enough of what you need and as an added bonus it has a small fridge and complimentary coffee and tea. If you run out, as we found out, the lovely receptionist is happy to give you some extras.
The receptionist, Betty, was very professional, courteous and prompt in welcoming us and checking us in. Very knowledgeable in regards to the area and told me the quickest way to get to the shopping centre, it appears that she likes shopping as much as I do! Thank you Betty! We had a very good, comfortable stay and excellent value for money, for a motel that's in the best position in Parramatta at a reasonable price. If your expecting 5 star motel, this is not the one for you, if your happy with a motel that provides a comfortable room, free car park and close to all amenities without charging over the top, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Debbie I
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this motel for a week with my partner. We made the reservation via phone and spoke to a receptionist named Jeannie. She put our minds at ease right away, she wasn't wrong!

At first glance, yes the motel has aged over the years but who hasn't? I was greeted at reception at check in by a female receptionist. I was informed that we were put into a non smoking room and were told the daily rate of $130.00 per night, which we agreed to when we spoke to Jeannie when making the reservation.
The double bed was comfy as laying almost on a cloud. The sheets were crisp and clean, pillows smelt like they were new and easy to fall asleep on!

On the morning of our first day we had ordered breakfast which for the price was quite good. We went out for the day to return to our room fresh and clean. New towels, bathmat, sheets and the room was spotless!

We needed directions to get to certain places we had never been before and Jeannie was searching Google and printing the information we required to get there.

For the entire 6 nights my partner and I stayed we felt nothing but relaxed and well looked after, not just by the house cleaners but by the reception staff as well.

I have no hesitations in recommending Parramatta City Motel to anyone who wants to stay at a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg but still gives you the quality and service of a 5 star motel.

I also think the receptionist Jeannie would be better off in a management role as I believe she gets things done in a timely fashion and did not do anything with a half heart!

We are going back at Christmas and staying for 2 weeks this time, not just the 1 week!

Room Tip: Get a queen bed room and you will not regret it! I think they are new mattresses!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I am in room 227 as this is being written. We checked in yesterday and the greeting from reception was average at best. Finally our breakfast order was placed and paid in full as was our room and late checkout to be at 12pm. $130, for the room, $13.50, for breakfast requested at 9am and $50 to extend our stay till 12pm. (Checkout usually at 10am)
We were sent up with keys and air-con remote to room 228. It was immediately apparent the room had not been serviced since the last occupant. With our luggage back to reception we were given another room.
I invited a close friend to our room for a long awaited catch up and the gentleman at reception told her she shouldnt b here. After phoning me I went down and bought her in. Hours after she left we requested 2 towels as only 1 had been provided. We were told very rudely we shouldnt have more than 2 in the room.
we were abruptly awoken at 830am with our cold breakfast that was requested for 9am.
At 10am half dressed the male receptionist from last night and a female from house keeping entered our room. My partner explained we had paid for late check out while the lady spoke loudly over the top of him requesting the breakfast tray. Four times my partner asked them to leave while I took cover under the blankets totally humiliated at being caught in my underware.
I am discusted at this point and burst into tears.
my partner quickly addresses all these issues down at reception and is told we may stay until 1pm.
we dont want to stay till 1pm. We have to go back to work. We have had little if anytime on our own since november last year (the whole point of this stay)
Summery; Poor customer service, No communication skills, Rude night staff, Dirty decrepit rooms, Invasive, Disrespectful, Poor food quality and total disregard for any of the above issues. We are leaving now feeling worse than our arrival and out of pocket $193. We still have not been able to speak with management either. DONT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank M-j R
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Motel was pretty average, not terrible, but the service was really bad. Staff totally clueless and even rude when I was booking. I booked very late for a large group and the woman just wanted to lecture me about how late I was booking (3 weeks before trip)!

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank ailsaeh89
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed overnight in one of their double rooms, room was clean but nothing special. Went to shower the next morning to find there was NO hot water!! At checkout informed staff and requested a discount. Told all hotel had no hot water due to rain from the day before and hot water system was not working, then informed hotel considered it an act of god and therefore we're charging their guests the full price. Basic room, unable to shower and charged full price. Makes we want to stay there again... Not!!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank crakirs
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed at city motel for few days.... Reception apparantly some kind of manager, ms manning was rude and,abrupt!! Big chip on her shoulder! Other reception,one Indian man he as fantastic very nice man and one Australian lady were very nice and helpful! Ms manning... Jean I think her name is made me feel so on edge and uncomfortable was glad to see her shift end.... Talking to me like I had done something wrong with lots off attitude bla bla and when I'd go downstairs to ask her something she would talk to me in front off other guests like I'm an idiot and put me on show!!!!! Last morning checkout was 10 am I overslept and booked out at 10:15am and jean manning charged me the $35 penalty fee huh!!! Never again!!!

• Stayed: January 2014