“Good food and beer”

Ranked #7 of 487 Restaurants in Parramatta
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Perfectly placed in the heart of Sydney's second CBD, Bavarian Bier Cafe Parramatta boasts the very best Bavarian bier, authentic cuisine and warm hospitality, along with a dedicated event space. Situated in a fully restored historical church and perfect for birthdays, get-togethers and work functions, the stylish venue has indoor and alfresco dining areas - there's even a Pizza Station in the Biergarten, where you can try tasty pizzas with a Bavarian twist. Whether you're dropping by for lunch or dinner, the friendly atmosphere will make you'll feel right at home
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We dined on a Sunday evening, it took us a while to get served to start, but once the orders were taken, the beer and food arrived quickly. The schnitzels are excellent, the servings are very generous, even my son struggled to finish his meal. Great range of beers to choose from

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Bier Cafe

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I love this place, I'm so glad a friend took us here. The schnitzels are great as well as the sausage sampler. My friends and I had a great time tasting different types of beer (or bier I should say). The waitresses are knowledgeable about everything on the menu and are good sports as well. The styling of the place (a retired church) works well and creates a good atmosphere. Overall, a very cool establishment.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My second favourite German establishment - first one would be their Manly Wharf location. However, this one is fantastic. I love the food and beers they have available, and in a way, I feel connected to the motherland of my paternal ancestors. It doesn't feel anything like the authenticity of Germany, especially Munich, but it's the best you can get here in Australia. A tad expensive, but well worth it.

1  Thank shexbeaver
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Awesome venue to dine with friends.
Awesome Bavarian beer choices and the food servings are massive, Bavarian sized meals.
The staff are great and friendly, very welcoming. You even get a dude yodelling beside you as you eat.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is quite a find, just one block off the heart of Church St in Parramatta.

The venue is an old restored church - and the decor is beautiful. There is a nice contrast between the gorgeous old stained glass windows and wooden tables and benches to the ultra modern and cool bar set up in the middle of the room. We also really liked the massive overhead light fixtures - very simple, yet effective.

Service was friendly and attentive. There was also a man playing an accordion, which added to the overall atmosphere.

Everything we had to eat was very good and very German. No complaints at all re the food. They also had some really interesting beers and we enjoyed trying something a little different. My only minor complaint (and the reason I gave this place 4 stars instead of 5), is that there were basically no vegetarian options for main courses. I do understand that German food is a very meaty, pork heavy cuisine, but we've been to other German restaurants where they at least had a veg spatzle or veg goulash or something. Here, the only option for a vegetarian is to order a bunch of sides or a rather boring salad.

We really liked this place and will return - would just like to see a couple of vegetarian (but still German) options on the menu.