“perfect place to stay”

“perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Fantastic hotel
Comfortable bed
Staff very welcoming and friendly. Renee( reception) was amazing, and followed our journey and made sure all was good.
Good buffet breakfast
Great value for money, as so close to everything

Room Tip: We had a studio suite which was quiet and overlooked the pool
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HelenH

Thank you for taking the time to review Mantra Parramatta,

It was wonderful to read your lovely words about our hotel and I have passed on your great feedback to the staff in particular Renee.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Parramatta on your next trip to Sydney.

King Regards
Tim Doyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Picked the hotel up as a Last Minute / Wotif mystery deal. Easy walk from train station. Rooms very clean and tidy. A 40inch or more tv. Nice bar. Good clean outdoor pool. Rooms have microwave. Hotel would be fine from either a business traveller or family perspective.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear DavidArmidale

Thank you for taking the time to share with other travellers your recent views on Mantra Parramatta.

It is wonderful to hear that the mystery hotel was in fact Mantra, We are in a great location here as you have described with clean and tidy facilities and the added bonus of having your own cooking facilities.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area,

Perth
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was in Sydney with my son for Australian Junior Nationals and needed to be in a nice location, close to things to do and Olympic Park. Mantra Parramatta was BRILLIANT. We stayed in a 1 Bedroom apartment, the roll out bed not as comfy as the master bed but that was to be expected. The air conditioner was really noisy as it was in the cupboard between the bedroom and bathroom. I wondered if we had the motor for that side of the building. On the plus side, the staff were nice enough, the kitchenette was a real blessing and nicely equipped and had a good size fridge. We also had a washing machine and dryer which my son loved as he is a clean freak and did laundry every day. On the doorstep of the Westfield Shopping mall, plenty of restaurants, Great Chiro (Back 2 Basics) just down the road.
We look forward to another stay there next year whilst upgrading the Silver Medal from this competition for a Gold one!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ACT8
Dear ACT8

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Parramatta,

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay here at Mantra Parramatta. We are very fortunate to be located in such a handy part of Parramatta, being only minutes away from Parramatta train station and Westfield.

Congratulations on the Silver medal and we look forward to seeing you next year with a shiny Gold medal.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Mantra Parramatta is an average business hotel: neither bad nor particularly great.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the meal I ordered in the bar was delicious. The room was well appointed with its own little kitchenette, which I liked a lot. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was clean. The room was surprisingly quiet too - although the hotel is close to the railway line I didn't hear any train noise all night.

There were a few negatives though:
- There are desperately few parking spaces beneath the building, so on a busy night you may need to park out on the street and go and put some coins in the parking meter before the parking inspectors start work at 8.
- Although my room was clean, the corridor outside reeked of Hong Kong street food.
- The thermostat in my room seemed to be faulty - I woke up a few times because I was either too cold or overheating.

Those few things aside, it wasn't a bad experience overall and I would consider staying there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Slim Rusty

Thank you for taking the time to review Mantra Parramatta.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel,

I do however apologize for any inconvenience regarding the car park, most of the time there is parking available it only tends to fill when there are special events on which is out of our control, in saying this there are several large car parking stations with in close proximity of the hotel (just see the staff for details). If you are experiencing difficulties with any part of your stay please don’t hesitate to contact our 24 hour reception to have the situation rectified

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Parramatta on your next trip,

Bangalore
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was on a business trip to Paramatta area and stayed in this hotel for 10 nights in the Studio Room. The property is well maintained. I had a late night check-in and the staff at front desk was very friendly and helpful. She gave me very good deal on the internet connection which was very helpful.The studio room was spacious enough for a single person. Ambience of the room is good and there is a small kitchenette provided which is useful at times.The location of this hotel is excellent as it's very near to the Train station, Buses, Taxi stand as well as the shops. Westfield Shopping center is very near to the hotel which is very nice. Housekeeping staff is friendly and the room is cleaned well on a daily basis.Overall I had a very good and comfortable stay. I would definitely stay again at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor are better.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BangaloreNawab

Thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with Mantra Parramatta. I am so delighted to read our services and accommodation met your expectation. Here at Mantra, we continually strive to provide Parramatta with a unique selection of amenities.

Thank you for recommending us. On behalf of the Mantra Parramatta team, we thoroughly look forward to welcoming you back again in future.

Warm regards,

Assistant Manager
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel, the first time being about three weeks ago.
I really enjoy this hotel for many different reasons but I will try to be objective here and not let my own personal what I like get in the way.
First impressions are the Front Desk Staff. Incredibly friendly with very contagious smiles, also very service minded and helpful.
The room I have had both times was excellent, separate sitting room and bedroom. The bed was just perfect for me and I got a great nights sleep every night. So much that I keep missing breakfast.
My room has a balcony, I think all the rooms do but I'm not sure, get a balcony. it is very nice to sit out there in the evenings.
The hotel has a bar and a restaurant with a bar menu also. The bar menu is reasonably priced as is the restaurant.
If your looking for food that is perhaps a little more exotic the hotel is a five minute walk from Harris Park with lots of Indian restaurants and take away's.
Shopping, Westfield Mall is like a two minute walk as is the bus and train stations.

One of the better parts about staying here is that some of the rooms have a washing machine and dryer in them. I know what you are thinking,, why would I need a washing machine and dryer? Well with everything in Australia being so expensive its nice to not have to pay to get your laundry done. the room also has a small kitchenette thing going on, fridge microwave..

My room has a jacuzzi. Get the jacuzzi,,, take it easy on the bath gel though. Two of the small bottles is perhaps a little over the top on the bubbles.
The soap is excellent. very fresh and smells like lemons, yes, that's how sad my life has become when I have started to do reviews on soap. But it is nice soap.
The best part about this hotel is the personal service.
I come in the front door and am greeted by name. Hello Mr Black,, did you have a nice day?
I stay in Hotels all over the world and only in the Best Western in Naperville, Illinois USA and Hotel Haarhjus in Arnhem Netherlands have they bothered to actually remember my name, it makes it feel like you are welcome so big props to Mantra for that.

Value for money? I think so, everything about price is always going to be open to discussion, you stay where your wallet allows and that's that.
Compared to other hotels in the area the Mantra isn't the most expensive and if you look at what you are getting in value for your dollar the Mantra is pretty much in the lead.
Have I stayed in other hotels in Parramatta? Yes. Last year in October we stayed in another hotel.
It would be unfair to mention the hotel name here but it was also a very nice hotel, almost same standard as Mantra but more expensive.
Much more expensive.
I say we. I am the Touring Manager for one of the worlds largest Motor Sports companies, we had an event at the ANZ stadium in October 2013 and stayed at the other large hotel in Parramatta.
We are coming back to the ANZ in October 2014 and my touring party, all 110 of us will be staying at the Mantra in Parramatta.
That's how pleased I am with this hotel.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the 16th floor twice, the view is amazing on any side of the hotel. You can see all...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our room was clean and comfortable.Quiet during the night. ALL staff were friendly and obliging.
.Front desk staff smiling all the time.Dinner in dining room was terrific. Bit cheeky charging 2% on our credit card for accommodation AFTER we checked out.Even when we held a receipt that we had paid in February.
Only Query....Why isn't there a toilet lid on the toilet in room 319? Is that hygienic?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 255100pat

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Parramatta on your recent trip to Sydney,
It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay from your comfortable room through to your evening meal.

Regarding your query there is no toilet lid in room 319 due to this being a disabled room.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our property and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards