Meriton is - according to TA - the #1 choice in P'matta.
For three months I have stayed at Meriton 2-3 nights/week. This week I stayed at Mantra for 4 nights.
I liked Mantra a lot.
I like it BETTER than Meriton as follows:
• the entrance is much easier with luggage (Meriton have steps and access is a hassle)
• the service shines and feels more like a hotel than Meriton
• Mantra has a great bar, restaurant and in house room service (food and service are great)
• the beds are better
• shops (incl supermarket!!) are within an easy walk as is train.
• Mantra is right in the hub and buzz of P'matta whilst Meriton is up the other end.
However Meriton's furnishings, kitchen and presentation are superior.
If you have a car Meriton is better because you can buy ingredients for cooking and bring back with ease.
Either choice is fine. Meriton wins it overall but Mantra is a very good choice - and depending on proximity to train and Westfield has an advantage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Parramatta is the ideal choice when mixing business with pleasure, just minutes from ANZ Stadium, The Olympic Park at Homebush Bay and Parramatta's thriving business and retail centre. Mantra Parramatta comprises of spacious studios, one bedroom apartments and Spa Rooms all with premium facilities such as individually controlled air conditioning, broadband internet, cable TV, in-house movies, kitchenette and laundry facilities (apartments only), private balcony (apartments only), in-room safe, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities. Mantra Parramatta caters to business and leisure travellers who demand and expect quality, comfort and premium facilities. With 24 hour reception, a foreign exchange desk, concierge and leisure facilities including a outdoor pool, spa, gym, sauna, turkish bath, under cover parking charged at $15 per day(subject to availability), ironing facilities, data port, room service, guest laundry and restaurant and bar. Mantra Parramatta also offers guests the convenience of dining in style at the Ivory Restaurant & Tantra Bar.Trading hours are as follows: Mon-Thu: Restaurant breakfast,lunch,dinner with 24 hour Room Service/Fridays:Restaurant & Room Service breakfast & lunch only/Sat-Sun: Restaurant & Room Service lunch only/Fri-Sun: Room Service Supper/Dinner from 5pm-10pm only. There are also function and conference facilities, with three main meeting rooms, representing a choice of Gold, Silver and Bronze rooms. Business travelers have the choice of booking the rooms separately or combined to host conferences for up to 200 delegates. Only 45 minutes from Sydney airport, Mantra Parramatta is only 500m to Parramatta Train Station, Westfield Shopping Town, and a short drive to Rosehill Gardens Racecourse making it the ideal base for your next getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Parramatta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Parramatta Hotel Parramatta
- Mantra Hotel Parramatta